Trevor says he’d be ready to come to the Jets!

Rhg1084

4 minutes ago, QB1 said:

Why is that politically correct? 

Because the Kid has a big game in 3 days time and  is more focused on that, The Jets have a QB in Sam that maybe just maybe he doesn't want to disrespect as he seems like a great kid and is humble and doesn't want to make any drama to the press. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Anyone who ever though he'd pull a spoiled silver spooned "Manning" by

A.) Going back to school to avoid NYJ (Peyton)

or

B.) Demanding a trade (Eli)

Obviously knew nothing about this kids character and competitive nature; we're about to draft ourselves a fearless leader.  

Trevor has only had 1 of 2 options.

1.) Go back to Clemson for yet another covid-tainted season while risking a career ending injury. 

2.) Get drafted by the team who drafts #1 overall (just like, they all do). 

He had zero leverage (whatsoever) because unlike NFL Free Agency; kids coming out of college and into the NFL have no sayso (at all) on which teams pass up on and/or which teams draft them (thankfully, that'll never change). 

Also, Dabo made it known MONTHS ago that he didn't believe for one moment that Trevor would return for his Senior season ? and wouldn't declare for the NFL draft. 

1901599056_Trevor_Lawrence_New_York_Jets-1024x576(1).thumb.jpg.58d93ec98fd56b076d72b19b12eed123.jpg

2113807021_EiY3cGvX0AMj-90(1).thumb.jpg.f39d7b0d37b536e668db326ffde5bf02.jpg

It's happening. 

• Upvote 3

35 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

It's because of what the Jets did to Sam Darnold.  It's a travesty.  Showed a complete and utter lack of understanding of what to do once you draft a potential FQB.

I would be very worried if I was TL.

This. I am very concerned that JD didn't convince ownership to force Gase to hire a QB coach. It would be interesting to see how many First Round QBs played their first 3 years in the NFL without a dedicated position coach (because if my memory is correct, Darnold did not have a QB coach in year 1).

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

There would be a valuable lesson learned if he decides to stay in school.......for the folks who have invested in failure instead of winning.

You might get all you wanted (0-16, worst team in NFL history, a place in the Hall of Shame sports media will flog for decades to come) and still get nothing to show for it.   

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

There would be a valuable lesson learned if he decides to stay in school.......for the folks who have invested in failure instead of winning.

You might get all you wanted (0-16, worst team in NFL history, a place in the Hall of Shame sports media will flog for decades to come) and still get nothing to show for it.   

Cleveland doesn’t look so flogged honestly. Yet, kid never said he’s ready to come to the Jets, he said he’s ready for the challenge. That challenge can very well be how to not go to the Jets. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bruce Harper said:

By definition, any team picking first is going to suck.  Not sure why people have to give the Jets such a hard time.

Good point.  The media seems to hate us and wants continued failure for our team.   Trevor says he is up for a rebuild so I think he just told us he would play for the Jets.  The only thing is Gase cannot be allowed to be involved with the development of this QB.  He is unqualified to do so and Chis Johnson would be a fool to allow this. So it is best that Gase is relieved of his head coaching duties at the end of the season.

1 hour ago, King P said:

Of course he'd come, people are stupid to think he would avoid the Jets.

Mind you, if we go winless we'd be the 3rd team ever to go 0-16.

Did Matthew Stafford avoid the 0-16 Lions?

Did Baker Mayfield avoid the 0-16 Browns?

So why did people think TL and the Jets would play out any different?

Two things wrong with that statement.  

1)There are many smart people that think he will avoid the Jets, or at least strongly consider it.

2)The Jets haven't picked the new HC yet.  Lawrence could easily be scared away if the choice sucks or is a bad fit for him.

TL has more than enough leverage to force a trade.  What is stupid is to ignore that fact.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Unless an agent gets in his ear this basically confirms that assuming he does leave school, which sounds likely, he will go to whoever drafts him.

Good news for the Jets. Now we just need to lose out or pray Jacksonville wins another game.

Why would an agent get in his ear to keep him in school? That means they don't make any money for another year.

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

It's not just Gase unfortunately.

It's ownership and JD.

JD promised Sam's Mom he would surround him with talent - and then went on to create, literally, the worst offensive roster in the history of the league.

I say this exact roster plays ok-ish under a good HC.  JMHO.  That is still less than .500 but not this total shipwreck. 

But then I like JD more than you seem to so there is that.    

29 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Yeah the lesson that would be learned after some 350#er rolls up the back of his leg week 8 and he is drafted in the 5th round leaving $40,000,000 on the table.  

7 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Two things wrong with that statement.  

1)There are many smart people that think he will avoid the Jets, or at least strongly consider it.

2)The Jets haven't picked the new HC yet.  Lawrence could easily be scared away if the choice sucks or is a bad fit for him.

TL has more than enough leverage to force a trade.  What is stupid is to ignore that fact.

Question:

What makes him different than Stafford or Mayfield? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, King P said:

Of course he'd come, people are stupid to think he would avoid the Jets.

Mind you, if we go winless we'd be the 3rd team ever to go 0-16.

Did Matthew Stafford avoid the 0-16 Lions?

Did Baker Mayfield avoid the 0-16 Browns?

So why did people think TL and the Jets would play out any different?

because we are the mother ******* Jets.

are you new here?

Well this was nice to hear. Realistically, I'm not sure what else he is supposed to say in that situation. For argument sake, say that he IS completely dead set against going to the jets. In his mind there is no way he will sign a contract with NY. What is he supposed to say to that question. I dont think at this stage, this far from the draft and before the offseason even starts he would tell the media that "Hell no I'm not playing for the Jets. Adam Gase is intellectually disabled and everyone knows he's into some voodoo sh*t with those eyes". 

So I don't think this makes it 100% definite that he would play for the Jets but I've felt all along that the chances of him pulling a Manning were very slim to begin with. So I am definitely happy to hear this and if anything hopefully the media will chill out with the whole "he can never play for the Jets, Adam Gase does voodoo" narrative.