Wilson Back to Niners

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

I posted yesterday someone has us signing Pittsburgh free agent RB James Connor. 

My choice would be drafting Travis Etienne. 

Admiration and respect for Connor and what he has been through and how much he has achieved.  But no.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Jeff Wilson, james connor.......................these dudes suck.  We are going to draft a big time rb within the 1st 3 rounds this year.  I am hoping its harris at 23 but if not, we will get someone in the second or 3rd round.

I thought gave you a clue for Christmas?

7 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

@SayNoToDMC

Steelers RB James Conner, ranked 81st: The Jets aren’t going to throw Le’Veon Bell-type money at him, of course. But if they’re going to run a Shanahan-style West Coast offense, they’ll need to have a reliable running back. He had 721 yards and six touchdowns in 2020.

PFF’s prediction: Jets sign Conner for three years and $20 million, with $10 million total guaranteed and $8 million fully guaranteed at signing.

PFF with the lazy Jet hatred

Mac is gone.  We are done signing overrated Steeler trash and I’m looking at you Juju

8 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

@SayNoToDMC

Steelers RB James Conner, ranked 81st: The Jets aren’t going to throw Le’Veon Bell-type money at him, of course. But if they’re going to run a Shanahan-style West Coast offense, they’ll need to have a reliable running back. He had 721 yards and six touchdowns in 2020.

PFF’s prediction: Jets sign Conner for three years and $20 million, with $10 million total guaranteed and $8 million fully guaranteed at signing.

Fake news

11 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

I posted yesterday someone has us signing Pittsburgh free agent RB James Connor. 

My choice would be drafting Travis Etienne. 

**** taking a RB any higher than the third round. 

RB will be low priority, as it should be. Street free agents frequently shine in the system they'll be running this year. Focus will (again) be on the OL. Sign a mid-level vet and/or draft a guy in the third or fourth round. That's all they need. 

There will be WRs and Edges and OL and CBs available at those higher picks that will represent much greater value, and fill much greater needs, than a ****ing RB. 

You draft a RB high when you have everything else in place as a luxury. The Jets have next to nothing in place. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, slats said:

You draft a RB high when you have everything else in place as a luxury. The Jets have next to nothing in place. 

The Jets don’t have any playmakers on offense. The offense is not watchable, taking a back who can play 3 downs, create for himself, catch passes and actually score some points is more valuable right now than a CB or linebacker. The Jets don’t have any backs. It’s a high need position. Definitely not round 1, but round 2 and beyond - absolutely. They should come away with two backs and two receivers by round 5. 

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

The Jets don’t have any playmakers on offense. The offense is not watchable, taking a back who can play 3 downs, create for himself, catch passes and actually score some points is more valuable right now than a CB or linebacker. The Jets don’t have any backs. It’s a high need position. Definitely not round 1, but round 2 and beyond - absolutely. They should come away with two backs and two receivers by round 5. 

I’m just gonna disagree. This system doesn’t need a high end RB to create an effective rushing attack, and WR/Edge/CB/OL is always more valuable than a RB. 

I think people hoping for a RB before the third round are gonna be disappointed, as they should be. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, slats said:

I’m just gonna disagree. This system doesn’t need a high end RB to create an effective rushing attack, and WR/Edge/CB/OL is always more valuable than a RB. 

I think people hoping for a RB before the third round are gonna be disappointed, as they should be. 

I  mean they drafted 2 linemen last year, a corner and a safety. RB right now is arguably the worst position group on the team. A team that’s in desperate need of playmakers, I don’t see how it’s not a priority.

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

I  mean they drafted 2 linemen last year, a corner and a safety. RB right now is arguably the worst position group on the team. A team that’s in desperate need of playmakers, I don’t see how it’s not a priority.

Edge is the worst group, by far. Team will almost certainly be transitioning to a primarily 4-3 scheme, they’re gonna need DEs and 4-3 LBs. And where they really need the big time playmaker on offense is at WR.  

I expect the running game to pretty much take care of itself with the guys under contract and another mid-level free agent or draft pick in the Shanahan scheme. It’s just not a position really worthy of a high pick in today’s NFL unless you can afford the luxury. Productive RBs can be found throughout the draft all the way into the UDFAs. A talent-deficient team like the Jets can’t afford to be spending high picks on these dime-a-dozen, 5’10”-210lb dudes who run a 4.5. Those guys are always available.