***OFFICIAL*** Senior Bowl thread

5 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I noticed Kylin Hill on one play cut hard to his right and run into a guard while there huge hole to his left.

I think Hill might be fools gold. It’s easy to get smitten with his flashy bounce-around-the-trenches plays he makes (worked on me initially)... but there’s lot missing. Poor long speed. Questionable vision. Lacks size for his running style etc 

6 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Yeboah has got the size AND a really nice game against Alabama.

Interesting.  During the week, there was concerns that he was a little undersized coming in a little under 6'4" and under 250.  He needs to add weight, get stronger and work on his blocking.  Otherwise he is going to be strictly a split out tight end, or just a big wide receiver.  Nothing wrong with that, just harder to find a role in the offense without versatility.

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

He’s the only RB who showed up. It’s probably time I sat down and took a good look at those two Tar Heels 

Nice. Can't wait to watch some of the game tape from today.

Some people are raving about JaVonte, specifically the PFF dudes. 

I'm clearly just a red-bearded amateur, but I think Carter has the vision, accel, agility and receiving skills to succeed on Sundays.

Only thing I'm worried about is what this week has done for his stock. He might be gone by the third round now. 

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Dude. They are the remedy to all this “RB in the first round” rhetoric.

Given the state of our roster, and the ability of Shanny’s system to prop up average backs… If we spent a first round pick on a running back I will be mortified. Totally torpedo my faith in Joe Douglas.

Gainwell in the 3rd is where you start thinking about that. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

I'm clearly just a red-bearded amateur, but I think Carter has the vision, accel, agility and receiving skills to succeed on Sundays.

Only thing I'm worried about is what this week has done for his stock. He might be gone by the third round now. 

The games I watched last year Carter looked like the better player to me.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The games I watched last year Carter looked like the better player to me.

I haven't watched full games, I've only seen YouTube - but I like Carter better. 

Curious, with his tape and his senior bowl performance, what round would you project him in now? Are we talking dude is a second round pick now? Is it time to move on to other running backs?

Just now, RedBeardedSavage said:

I haven't watched full games, I've only seen YouTube - but I like Carter better. 

Curious, with his tape and his senior bowl performance, what round would you project him in now? Are we talking dude is a second round pick now? Is it time to move on to other running backs?

No clue, I'll have to put my draft spreadsheet together and get a better idea where various sites have him listed

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

They’re both excellent. They both catch, they both hit holes aggressively. Don’t worry about which is better, they’re both insane value if they reach round 3.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Here's a run from javonte. You don't need high level analytics to fall in love

• Upvote 2

Just now, Sammybighead said:

There's a good video of both of those guys vs Miami on YouTube. They destroyed that defense. But I gotta be honest, I prefer the agility/change of direction to the bruiser style.

3 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

There's a good video of both of those guys vs Miami on YouTube. They destroyed that defense. But I gotta be honest, I prefer the agility/change of direction to the bruiser style.

Also a nice player: Dyami Brown. Sleeper pick at WR. I think he’s gonna be a nice player who lives off YAC at the next level. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1