Lord of the Flies Mafia 2021 Game Thread - GAME OVER - 3rd Party Wins!

Drums

All righty.  Time to get this sh*t moving.  We got a lot of new people and they're depending on me for guidance.  

I'm not going to vote the new people today, obviously.  Spoot self-voting gives me town vibes out of the gate.  Barry being weirded out about no 80 train made sense to me.  This game is weird so far.  JiF and Crusher giving me town vibes as well.  So that just leaves this group that I'm considering voting at the moment.

1. Jvill
  2. Stark
  3. JETS
  4. JC
  5. Nyn

Joining Jvill in voting Nyn for her Seinfeld hate is tempting.  But I'll resist.  Good look for Jvill though, Seinfeld rocks.  JETS is back after a long layoff so I won't vote him.  JC is mourning the loss of Screech, so I'll leave him be.  

Let's go with....

Vote Stark

Yeah.  Feels good.  

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Even I know that Friends sucks, and I'm an uncultured beaver.

I mean, just look at the individual parts.  No one on that show went on to greatness.  Jennifer Aniston had the most success but she's basically been reduced to boring a$$ RomComs.  

Compare that to Larry David and Jerry Seinfeld, who are absolute legends in the comedy industry.  And Julia Louis-Dreyfus killed it on Veep.  

Seinfeld is still culturally relevant, even if a lot of that relevance is restricted primarily to the northeast.  No one gives a sh*t about Friends.  Take Friends out of the 90s and the entertainment landscape would have been unchanged.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

All righty.  Time to get this sh*t moving.  We got a lot of new people and they're depending on me for guidance.  

I'm not going to vote the new people today, obviously.  Spoot self-voting gives me town vibes out of the gate.  Barry being weirded out about no 80 train made sense to me.  This game is weird so far.  JiF and Crusher giving me town vibes as well.  So that just leaves this group that I'm considering voting at the moment.

1. Jvill
  2. Stark
  3. JETS
  4. JC
  5. Nyn

Joining Jvill in voting Nyn for her Seinfeld hate is tempting.  But I'll resist.  Good look for Jvill though, Seinfeld rocks.  JETS is back after a long layoff so I won't vote him.  JC is mourning the loss of Screech, so I'll leave him be.  

Let's go with....

Vote Stark

Yeah.  Feels good.  

Yeah, my vote on Nyn is way more nuanced than that. It’s not simply because of her absurd Seinfeld hate. It’s because of her absurd Seinfeld hate AND her absurd Friends take.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

1. Jvill
  2. Stark
  3. JETS
  4. JC
  5. Nyn

Let's go with....

Vote Stark

Yeah.  Feels good.  

More importantly though, why is Spoot self-voting giving you town vibes, and what about Crusher and JiF is giving you town vibes?

29 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

1. Jvill
  2. Stark
  3. JETS
  4. JC
  5. Nyn

Let's go with....

Vote Stark

Yeah.  Feels good.  

Well hey. He’s an even number in this list. I’m down.

unvote vote stark 

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

More importantly though, why is Spoot self-voting giving you town vibes, and what about Crusher and JiF is giving you town vibes?

• Spoot:  Fast and loose Beaver is an anxiety free Beaver.  As in someone who likely has nothing nefarious to hide.  As a fellow high anxiety type, this gives me town vibes for Spoot.  Scum Spoot would probably not self-vote, even early on D1 during the joke phase. 
  • Crusher:  Playing fat and loose.  He's not as jolly as scum.  
  • JiF:  I town-read him pretty well, I think.  JiF is next level gay when he's town.  So far, so good.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

1. Jvill
  2. Stark
  3. JETS
  4. JC
  5. Nyn

Let's go with....

Vote Stark

Yeah.  Feels good.  

• Spoot:  Fast and loose Beaver is an anxiety free Beaver.  As in someone who likely has nothing nefarious to hide.  As a fellow high anxiety type, this gives me town vibes for Spoot.  Scum Spoot would probably not self-vote, even early on D1 during the joke phase. 
  • JiF:  I town-read him pretty well, I think.  JiF is next level gay when he's town.  So far, so good.

Scared to vote nyn?

LOL.. 80 town reads @JiF well... in what world. 

New people look up. You just witnessed the Jamal Adams of mafia spewing his BS

1 hour ago, jvill 51 said:

exactly.... anyone self voting is sh*t. 

I am leaving work, heading to the liquor store probably buying a nice bottle of bourbon. Will be limited on weekend as usual. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Waka Flocka Flacco said:

I feel like I'm at a disadvantage here because I have no idea whose burners the randoms are. The girl doesn't seem to be a big fan of jews but that could easily be a fake T0mShane tell.

I'm jewish, nitwit

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Stark said:

Scared to vote nyn?

LOL.. 80 town reads @JiF well... in what world. 

New people look up. You just witnessed the Jamal Adams of mafia spewing his BS

exactly.... anyone self voting is sh*t. 

I am leaving work, heading to the liquor store probably buying a nice bottle of bourbon. Will be limited on weekend as usual. 

Well I won't take all the credit. Dude is pretty much scared of the entire female population.

I kinda like you this game, spaz and all.

I resent that notion.

Plus this post reeks of the stinky-stinky and the caca-dookie.

• Upvote 2

Looks like a fun day at the JN mafia.

FTR:  I always liked Seinfeld.  Friends is OK probably not on the same level as Seinfeld.  Actually, saw the filming of the show once.  A buddy had a hard on for JA but the most approachable, funny (literally walked in the stands with us regular folks) actor was Lisa Kudrow.  Did a semi-stand up routine in-between takes.  Seemed like a person I loved to sit next to in a bar or on an airplane. 

I'm older so here are some others worth watching:

WKRP

Barney Miller

The 70s Show. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

Looks like a fun day at the JN mafia.

FTR:  I always liked Seinfeld.  Friends is OK probably not on the same level as Seinfeld.  Actually, saw the filming of the show once.  A buddy had a hard on for JA but the most approachable, funny (literally walked in the stands with us regular folks) actor was Lisa Kudrow.  Did a semi-stand up routine in-between takes.  Seemed like a person I loved to sit next to in a bar or on an airplane. 

I'm older so here are some others worth watching:

WKRP

Barney Miller

The 70s Show. 

WKRP was amazing and Less Nessman > Ron Burgundy. Barney  Miller, Fish and Taxi are all must watches from that era. The 70’s show was great but Aston Kushner is a talentless hack and one of my top ten most puncheable  faces. 

• Haha 4