Lord of the Flies Mafia 2021 Game Thread - GAME OVER - 3rd Party Wins!

Drums

6 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

* puts on drums hat *

@Jetsfan80 @The Crusher @Waka Flocka Flacco @Nynaeve @jvill 51 @JiF

what do you think of JETS comment?

@JustEndTheSuffering any thoughts on 80 or any other players?

@jvill 51 I know it's early but you've been on the quiet side so far - thoughts on other players?

Yeah been busy all weekend and got some people over for the game. I’ll read back tonight after Mahomes gives Brady his 4th Super Bowl loss.

On 2/5/2021 at 5:30 PM, Stark said:

Scared to vote nyn?

LOL.. 80 town reads @JiF well... in what world. 

New people look up. You just witnessed the Jamal Adams of mafia spewing his BS

exactly.... anyone self voting is sh*t. 

I am leaving work, heading to the liquor store probably buying a nice bottle of bourbon. Will be limited on weekend as usual. 

Good catch on the Nyn no vote, it does read like he might be trying to avoid her. And maybe I haven’t played enough to know about him town-reading JiF, but nothing comes to memory about any of that. 

Curious though as to why you didn’t vote 80 here even though you take issue with multiple parts of his post and call him out for spewing BS?

11 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

honestly? I didn't like his vote. At the same time votes were piling and I was a bit wary of it. The fact that it stalled some is good. Plus I still think 80's "reads" post was crap. But if no one wants to go 80's way, I'm down to lynch Jets. I just think it's always best to have competing trains.

Nevermind to my above question, you pretty much answered it here

Alright so, thoughts:

80 - I don’t mind him trying to force the action, I do mind the logic on his reads. Leaving out the meta aspect, which I kind of see where he’s coming from although I don’t agree with it, having Spoot as a town read because he self-voted seems backwards to me. In general I consider self-voting, at best, unhelpful to town. His JiF and Crusher reads are also meh. At that point in the game there’d basically been no action, and I don’t see how their play could have given way to any reads so quickly. All those reads seem like reaches when I had them all pretty much null. Plus, as Stark pointed out, he seemed slightly afraid of going after Nyn.

Stark - Pretty much called out the entirety of 80’s reads posts and said he was spewing BS, but no vote there. Then with JETS vote of Nyn, he jumped immediately on the train and voted JETS. Interesting dichotomy there and I’d like to hear his explanation of why he never moved to 80. His vote at that time was, I believe, a joke vote on me in his first post of the game, so its not like he would have been moving off an actual read at that point.

JETS - Not much to add to what’s already been picked over by everyone. We’ll see what he has to say tomorrow but the vote reeked and the defense of it doesn’t help.

Nyn - Originally questioned why she called out the JETS vote but didn’t vote there. Similar to Stark calling out 80 but not voting there, except she already did have a vote on someone else that was actually premised on gameplay. On first read my take on it was actually different from Crusher’s, in that to me it read more like Nyn was subtly egging on the train while not committing to it herself. Her explanation calms those concerns a bit though. I can see her being wary of the speed of the train at that point in time, I agree on the competing trains being a good thing and that its probably a good thing the train stalled a bit so we could get more people involved.

Barry - Like that he’s pushing people and the no hesitation vote on JETS.

JC - Was quick to follow Barry on to the JETS train, quoting Barry, who didn’t give any reasoning, without any reasoning of his own. Could have just been that the reasoning was obvious, which is how I took Barry’s vote, but JC’s quoting of Barry to do it stood out.

Definitely want to hear from some others, including the newbies.

As of right now I’m willing to go with any of the first 3 above. I’ll wait to hear responses to some of my questions before casting my vote.

Unvote

5 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

I am voting him. Someone's skimming...

3 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

Unless you mean jets?

Unfortunately you only get one vote in this whacky game of mafia. 

Yeah, I meant JETS. Your call out of his post was right in the middle of the JETS run up, so my concern was you nudging the train along without actually hopping on yourself. I’m less concerned with that given your response to Crushluv I quoted above. 

6 hours ago, jvill 51 said:

Alright so, thoughts:

80 - I don’t mind him trying to force the action, I do mind the logic on his reads. Leaving out the meta aspect, which I kind of see where he’s coming from although I don’t agree with it, having Spoot as a town read because he self-voted seems backwards to me. In general I consider self-voting, at best, unhelpful to town. His JiF and Crusher reads are also meh. At that point in the game there’d basically been no action, and I don’t see how their play could have given way to any reads so quickly. All those reads seem like reaches when I had them all pretty much null. Plus, as Stark pointed out, he seemed slightly afraid of going after Nyn.

Stark - Pretty much called out the entirety of 80’s reads posts and said he was spewing BS, but no vote there. Then with JETS vote of Nyn, he jumped immediately on the train and voted JETS. Interesting dichotomy there and I’d like to hear his explanation of why he never moved to 80. His vote at that time was, I believe, a joke vote on me in his first post of the game, so its not like he would have been moving off an actual read at that point.

JETS - Not much to add to what’s already been picked over by everyone. We’ll see what he has to say tomorrow but the vote reeked and the defense of it doesn’t help.

Nyn - Originally questioned why she called out the JETS vote but didn’t vote there. Similar to Stark calling out 80 but not voting there, except she already did have a vote on someone else that was actually premised on gameplay. On first read my take on it was actually different from Crusher’s, in that to me it read more like Nyn was subtly egging on the train while not committing to it herself. Her explanation calms those concerns a bit though. I can see her being wary of the speed of the train at that point in time, I agree on the competing trains being a good thing and that its probably a good thing the train stalled a bit so we could get more people involved.

Barry - Like that he’s pushing people and the no hesitation vote on JETS.

JC - Was quick to follow Barry on to the JETS train, quoting Barry, who didn’t give any reasoning, without any reasoning of his own. Could have just been that the reasoning was obvious, which is how I took Barry’s vote, but JC’s quoting of Barry to do it stood out.

Definitely want to hear from some others, including the newbies.

As of right now I’m willing to go with any of the first 3 above. I’ll wait to hear responses to some of my questions before casting my vote.

Unvote

Ftr he should be afraid lol

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

@Barry McCockinner asked about what I think of 80 so I just read through his posts. I don't think the jif comment about how he reads him well is that bad. Haven't played enough games to know if that's bullsh*t or not but to me it's not a big deal. I guess they could both be scum though.

>.>

10 hours ago, jvill 51 said:

Good catch on the Nyn no vote, it does read like he might be trying to avoid her. And maybe I haven’t played enough to know about him town-reading JiF, but nothing comes to memory about any of that. 

Curious though as to why you didn’t vote 80 here even though you take issue with multiple parts of his post and call him out for spewing BS?

I was hoping he would respond in some way to either comment. sometimes I like to see how people react to a post.

I'm not moving my vote. That claim is very convenient seeing as it can't really be vetted and it serves as a great excuse later why he keeps survivng every night phase.

Even if there's some truth to it and he's some variation of a bomb it doesn't really speak for alignment. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

9 hours ago, jvill 51 said:

Similar question to my one to Stark, why the call out but no vote?

His response to me was basically "stark is mad I caught him D1" which he negated to address the No Nyn vote question or even my comment on him reading JiF well.  

The worst part of his entire "reads" post was that he had me high up in the list, but of all the players he listed I am the one player he didn't have a reason or explain why I was on it.  

How you have a list and leave out the reason for the guy you vote for. 

also ftr i responded as I left work  Friday and I barely spot check the game on the weekend.

VOTE 80

51 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Alright since I'm 1 vote away from getting lynched I'll reveal my role.

50 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

I'm town bomb which is basically just VT except if I'm killed at night the person who killed me dies too. 

21 minutes ago, Stark said:

UNOVTE

8 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

I'm not moving my vote. That claim is very convenient seeing as it can't really be vetted and it serves as a great excuse later why he keeps survivng every night phase.

Even if there's some truth to it and he's some variation of a bomb it doesn't really speak for alignment. 

4 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

I'd like you to explain your thought proccess that led to this unvote

I want to see how the game responds-there's not lengthy explanation.

I do agree with the bold 

23 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

Convenient was my first thought too, along with the fact that I think every time I’ve seen a bomb in the games I’ve played it worked differently (end of the train blew up on a lynch). But if he could be vetted seems like a huge town asset, no?

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Convenient was my first thought too, along with the fact that I think every time I’ve seen a bomb in the games I’ve played it worked differently (end of the train blew up on a lynch). But if he could be vetted seems like a huge town asset, no?

that was how I have seen the bomb work in previous games but I had to look it up and there are more versions that work off the NA's.

There isn't really a way to "vet" him though.