Murder at Midnight Mafia Game Thread (Day 4) [Game Over; Town Wins!]

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Saying whether someone is likely town or scum is different than assessing the validity of the case.  Even if JC is indeed scum, the current case for why he is would be f**king stupid regardless.

You sound like me. I hate it.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Certainly a better voting strategy than voting JC simply for being weird.  

I have yet to see anything remotely resembling strategy. 

Point 1: Claiming Miller first does not make ctm town or ‘more likely’ town. It just means he said it first. Play the game before assessing any likelihood there. 

Point 2: It’s going to be difficult to discern if rookies are using point 1 for nefarious reasons, or, they’re just inexperienced and have to learn PAFO.

Anyway, I like my vote.

1 hour ago, Jetscode1 said:

Are we there yet?  

FTR...I just tried to encourage some action as the game had grounded to a halt.  Also, wanted to see if Barry would jump back.  I'll go back to playing like some others and lay low till mid game.  I mean it's day 1 and I have a minimal investment and unlike some of you I have zero partners to risk offending.  Do what ya feel.    

That’s right bitches! 

3 hours ago, Drums said:

Define “Miller like” behavior

It's kind of a "you know it when you see it" situation.  It has a lot to do with seeming genuine.  A Miller is definitely pissed off with the role, and that comes out in the player's behavior.  In this case, it was more of a sense of relief when you realize you're not the only one and that the game is seemingly going to be about sorting through the Millers. 

Barry's behavior stood out initially, because his immediate reaction to the Miller claims was more surprise that there were quick reveals than relief for not being alone.  

To me, the most genuine Miller reveals (other than mine) were, in some order, CTM, JC, Crusher, Ape, and Greenseed.  Yours seemed fine as well, it just came later.  It didn't hurt that it came with a fun limerick.

The most problematic Miller claims were Barry and Stark.  I explained Barry's already.  Stark's because it lacked any discussion and he's disappeared since.  JETS was interesting because he states he waited to claim to protect the cop.  Could just be backfilling a reason there.  And in an under-the-radar way, JiF's was a little strange too because he lacked bravado.  Maybe he just was upset that it was going to be "this kind of game" rather than a more traditional Mafia setup.  Either way, JiF has a big personality so it stands out in hindsight that he was pretty quiet through all of that.  

My new Top 3:  Stark, Barry, JiF.  Honorable mention:  JETS.

• Upvote 1

Hmm, just took a look at the JiF ISO.  It remains weird he quietly claimed Miller and then disappeared for about 7 real life hours.  But the big JiF bravado stuff did come out in the subsequent days of play.  So perhaps it was a bit premature to put him in my top 3 only on that basis.  Downgrade him to the JETS and Jvill group for now.

14 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It's kind of a "you know it when you see it" situation.  It has a lot to do with seeming genuine.  A Miller is definitely pissed off with the role, and that comes out in the player's behavior.  In this case, it was more of a sense of relief when you realize you're not the only one and that the game is seemingly going to be about sorting through the Millers. 

Barry's behavior stood out initially, because his immediate reaction to the Miller claims was more surprise that there were quick reveals than relief for not being alone.  

To me, the most genuine Miller reveals (other than mine) were, in some order, CTM, JC, Crusher, Ape, and Greenseed.  Yours seemed fine as well, it just came later.  It didn't hurt that it came with a fun limerick.

The most problematic Miller claims were Barry and Stark.  I explained Barry's already.  Stark's because it lacked any discussion and he's disappeared since.  JETS was interesting because he states he waited to claim to protect the cop.  Could just be backfilling a reason there.  And in an under-the-radar way, JiF's was a little strange too because he lacked bravado.  Maybe he just was upset that it was going to be "this kind of game" rather than a more traditional Mafia setup.  Either way, JiF has a big personality so it stands out in hindsight that he was pretty quiet through all of that.  

This is a solid post. Rings town.

If You're scum, this is diabolical.

• Haha 2

On 3/9/2021 at 1:34 AM, CTM said:

oh sh*t, were role reveals not allowed? hope i didn't break the game 

On 3/9/2021 at 1:36 AM, CTM said:

i don't see anything about no role reveals. Hope I didn't bust the game

It’s not the fact that CTM revealed first that has me viewing him as town.

It’s these posts. I can’t see CTM using a fake claim (or having a fake claim to use in the first place) if reveals are not allowed.  These posts seem genuine.

On 3/9/2021 at 1:47 AM, jvill 51 said:

If you didn’t do it I probably would have anyway. Only other play would be to try and draw the shot, which may or may not have been wise considering the other power I may or may not have.

This is primarily why I’m voting jville.

31 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Someone count up the “I am town, not scum or 3rd party” posts. I don’t have the time.

I think some are avoiding it.

Why is everyone doing that?

Is this like that game where you tell two truths and a lie? I’ll play:

“I’m really really ridiculously good looking”

“I have a big wiener”

“I banged your mother last night”

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

“I have a big wiener”

@CTM is this true, was Greenseed with you?

Just now, jvill 51 said:

Maybe I’m not as brilliant as Barry thinks.. what’s the issue with the timing?

At that point, we saw 2- maybe 3 Miller reveals. You being the biggest over-reactor to CTM doing it first, then your immediate thinking was to try to WIFOM scum? Rather odd concern that early, considering you’re a relatively new player and probably haven’t seen a Miller in a game - let alone several - and what that might mean for the setup.

In short, it seemed contrived.

14 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

“I have a big wiener”

About that? You forgot to leave the fitty on her night stand. 

1 hour ago, Spoot-Face said:

********OFFICIAL VOTECOUNT********

Barry -- Crusher (1)

Stark -- Greenseed, 80 (2)

jvill -- Ape, (1)

Ape -- CTM (1)

JC -- jvill, JiF, Drums, JETS (4)

With 12 people alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

The four here are no hunt.  Looking for an easy way to night.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Agreed with the underlined.

20 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Jokes aside, in a game that renders the cop useless - it’s likely there could be a lie detector role.

Would be hilarious if they used it on my previous post!

I am Town, not scum/3rd party.  Friends call me ‘Berg’.  I have no friends. 

• Haha 1