Quarantine Mafia - Game Thread (GAME OVER)

That was a fun, wacky game to run, all.  I get that there were balance concerns, but they came from both sides, and ultimately it finished up in a lylo situation.  So I did something right, lol.  

The Role PM issue was definitely one I wanted to address, and did so, albeit later than it should have been.  But as you'll see in the scum thread, @Greenseed4 and the rest of the scum team was given the VT role PM verbatim.  I simply neglected to give GS a reminder not to quote it verbatim in the game thread.  We'd noted that rule in games he'd played previously so I didn't think it would be necessary.  Thus, I wasn't going to Modkill him for it, but it did impact the game.  Ah well.  My bad.  

And as you'll also see, @CTM gets no points for his creative reveal.  That was a safe claim of my creation.  lmao.  

• Upvote 3

43 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

WARNING When in dark mode, the links dont show, but they are there to the right.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That was a fun, wacky game to run, all.  I get that there were balance concerns, but they came from both sides, and ultimately it finished up in a lylo situation.  So I did something right, lol.  

The Role PM issue was definitely one I wanted to address, and did so, albeit later than it should have been.  But as you'll see in the scum thread, @Greenseed4 and the rest of the scum team was given the VT role PM verbatim.  I simply neglected to give GS a reminder not to quote it verbatim in the game thread.  We'd noted that rule in games he'd played previously so I didn't think it would be necessary.  Thus, I wasn't going to Modkill him for it, but it did impact the game.  Ah well.  My bad.  

And as you'll also see, @CTM gets no points for his creative reveal.  That was a safe claim of my creation.  lmao.  

Yeah when Barry was on me about the "safe reveal" (and almost got me lynched), I looked it up in the wiki but didnt find much. I did find some mentions days later, and then started wondering if he was right.

BUT, I really didnt know that was a thing when we were going at it.

24 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@Stark:  I am nominating you to run the next game, as I believe you mentioned previously you a theme in mind?  I just can't remember what it was or how much thought you'd put into it.    

I would love to do the “Archer” game. I won’t really be around much until after the draft. So if that will work I will put something together for whatever game follows the draft. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Stark said:

I would love to do the “Archer” game. I won’t really be around much until after the draft. So if that will work I will put something together for whatever game follows the draft. 

Sounds good to me!  I imagine several people will want to wait until after the draft to play in their next game, so maybe someone can run a small, quick game to fill the gap.  

6 minutes ago, Stark said:

This would be so ******* amazing

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, BUM-KNEE said:

I was feeling good about the game at times..... many times not very good LOL

Yeah sometimes when you get loud you get attacked. Happens to me a lot haha, especially early game when I have no idea wtf is going on. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Drums said:

Yeah sometimes when you get loud you get attacked. Happens to me a lot haha, especially early game when I have no idea wtf is going on. 

This will always be what I think of when it comes to how you play in games on D1, regardless of alignment:

Run Away GIF

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Drums said:

Exactly. I just hunkered down after awhile and studied stuff, chose my words instead of just asking things that looked odd.

That lasted maybe 2 days.... LOL

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Sounds good to me!  I imagine several people will want to wait until after the draft to play in their next game, so maybe someone can run a small, quick game to fill the gap.  

I have 3 different ideas for a game at the moment.

No idea if they would be quick though?

I can run as a deadline game I guess to stay on a schedule.

When is this draft?

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

April 29th thru May 1st.

I'm 90% sure I can make this work. There will be limited spots available and no guarantee on balance as per usual with my closed setup games lol. Will post sign ups in a little while.

• Upvote 2

Couple of important points:

1. I gave you Nyn. You’re welcome.?

2. CTM and I agreed to bus Drums to teach him never to fumble a bus like that again. You’re welcome again. ?

3. Pac made a good gut read on CTM, but he wasn’t going to get lynched until we bussed him after that dopey reveal. Pac cannot close.

4. Credit to Nolderp for having a good read, bum too, and verbal and Barry running out of patience to bring home the lynch on me. That was all 4 of you. Kudos. ?

5. Solid team play by town. Scum team got a little too bus happy, but we had fun!

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Couple of important points:

1. I gave you Nyn. You’re welcome.?

2. CTM and I agreed to bus Drums to teach him never to fumble a bus like that again. You’re welcome again. ?

3. Pac made a good gut read on CTM, but he wasn’t going to get lynched until we bussed him after that dopey reveal. Pac cannot close.

4. Credit to Nolderp for having a good read, bum too, and verbal and Barry running out of patience to bring home the lynch on me. That was all 4 of you. Kudos. ?

5. Solid team play by town. Scum team got a little too bus happy, but we had fun!

You know, I will say that in a way you were done in by my lazy play. If I had had something else to go on maybe I would have put you on the backburner while I pursued something else but because I hadn't been paying attention you were the only person I had any focus on so I more or less just stayed with that. So I'll take a little credit but not too much. GG though you didn't play bad at all.

• Sympathy 1

he said "you're 0 for 2"

just seemed like a breadcrumb... but it's Nolder so who knows.

He seems too chill for Nol

Not a breadcrumb. I was just letting Beaver know I didn't like his response to me. Like I said it seemed evasive at the time.