Miami traded back up to pick 6 with Philly

2 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

Yeah, and not a single talking head or internet twit will ever mention it again. But they end up with #6 instead of #10.

Like I said earlier, a couple of the same people just blasting the shi* out of the eagles and pederson after that game (Mina Kimes and Marcus Spears) were lathering praise on them today for shrewd moves to get help for Jalen Hurts.  Of course it never occurred to them why the Eagles were able to make their move.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Targeting Sewell

so for Tunsil they get Sewell who is better plus picks 

Sewell won't get past the Bengals.  Their shiny new QB practically had his career lost from that OL. It would be criminally negligent of the Bengals to pass on Sewell (unless they are trying to euthanize Joe Burrow in a painful way.)

11 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Miami f*cking killed it. They get their guy anyway and add a first rounder. Masterclass. 

Correct.  Some people just don't get it. Stubbornly affixed to a chart that is somewhat obsolete in that offers zero flexibility for positional value and fails to look at the specific situational value when appropriate.  Dolphins did just fine here.  It wasn't a slaughter, but it is very good for them that they get the guy they wanted (Chase most likely or Pitts) and add a 1st round pick and bump a 5th rounder up to a 4th.  Good job.  The chart is only a tool.  And only a tool would foolishly rely on it while ignoring the situational value presented.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Dcat said:

Sewell won't get past the Bengals.  Their shiny new QB practically had his career lost from that OL. It would be criminally negligent of the Bengals to pass on Sewell (unless they are trying to euthanize Joe Burrow in a painful way.)

Yes and no. Burrow didn't get injured because his LT whiffed. He didn't even get sacked on the injury play. He got hit after 3+ seconds, after his release, which happens to every QB multiple times every week. He just got sandwiched & his knee was in the wrong place at the wrong time. It was 3rd & 2; if they called a quick slant or fast/short designed play instead of waiting for separation on a deeper 20-yard route then Burrow likely doesn't get injured there.

Brady-NE jokes aside, there's no such thing as a QB who doesn't get touched. And frankly the same freak-occurrence thing happened to Brady, too, back in 2008. Get hit in a certain position & the knee goes in a way it's not supposed to. 

I can understand the Bengals making that pick in their situation. First, as an obvious reaction to Burrow's injury. Second even aside from that play just in light of how many games Williams has missed already. His whole rookie season with a shoulder injury, then missed 2 games after a stinger injury midseason, then went on IR for the last month of 2020 with a knee injury. Third, they already have their QB so they aren't wrestling with that decision at all.

They could use another WR, for sure, but I can sympathize with any team shying away from that position that high, considering how many omg-omg-omg talents ended up being huge disappointments (whiffing on John Ross and his jaw-dropping 4.2 speed fairly recently themselves). 

44 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Yes and no. Burrow didn't get injured because his LT whiffed. He didn't even get sacked on the injury play. He got hit after 3+ seconds, after his release, which happens to every QB multiple times every week. He just got sandwiched & his knee was in the wrong place at the wrong time. It was 3rd & 2; if they called a quick slant or fast/short designed play instead of waiting for separation on a deeper 20-yard route then Burrow likely doesn't get injured there.

Brady-NE jokes aside, there's no such thing as a QB who doesn't get touched. And frankly the same freak-occurrence thing happened to Brady, too, back in 2008. Get hit in a certain position & the knee goes in a way it's not supposed to. 

I can understand the Bengals making that pick in their situation. First, as an obvious reaction to Burrow's injury. Second even aside from that play just in light of how many games Williams has missed already. His whole rookie season with a shoulder injury, then missed 2 games after a stinger injury midseason, then went on IR for the last month of 2020 with a knee injury. Third, they already have their QB so they aren't wrestling with that decision at all.

They could use another WR, for sure, but I can sympathize with any team shying away from that position that high, considering how many omg-omg-omg talents ended up being huge disappointments (whiffing on John Ross and his jaw-dropping 4.2 speed fairly recently themselves). 

It doesn't matter that a LT didn't cause the injury. It matters that  Burrow simply can not risk another injury because his career is at risk.  I will be shocked if they don't pick Sewell, if he is there of course.  I didn't know that they signed Riley Reiff to a one-year contract until just now.  Missed that.  But the Minnesota castoff will be 33 years old this season.  Which sets it up perfectly for Sewell, with the veteran presence of Reiff.  I'm sure they hope to have Sewell and Williams starting. Reiff can be a swing or can start if Sewell not ready or Jonah injury again.  Perfect.   I have no doubt that owner and GM  have the Sewell card ready to go.  I would imagine Joe Burrow's parents will commit a crime in or around the Bengals Front Office if Sewell isn't the pick. 

Unless Joe Douglas takes Sewell at 2. :)

4 hours ago, Dcat said:

It doesn't matter that a LT didn't cause the injury. It matters that  Burrow simply can not risk another injury because his career is at risk.  I will be shocked if they don't pick Sewell, if he is there of course.  I didn't know that they signed Riley Reiff to a one-year contract until just now.  Missed that.  But the Minnesota castoff will be 33 years old this season.  Which sets it up perfectly for Sewell, with the veteran presence of Reiff.  I'm sure they hope to have Sewell and Williams starting. Reiff can be a swing or can start if Sewell not ready or Jonah injury again.  Perfect.   I have no doubt that owner and GM  have the Sewell card ready to go.  I would imagine Joe Burrow's parents will commit a crime in or around the Bengals Front Office if Sewell isn't the pick. 

Unless Joe Douglas takes Sewell at 2. :)

Reiff is fine. Hard to say how many more years he has left. Every now & then you get someone like Mawae or Peters who are still outstanding into their late 30s. At the same time Williams is so far ok when he's on the field but he's been off it more than he's been on it. But yes, one's young FQB getting injured can easily lead a team to taking drastic measures. Thing is, though, their main weakness on the line aren't the tackles it's what's between the tackles. They're another team that may have been worse from guard to guard than the Jets. On par at best, anyway. 

And don't even joke about Douglas taking Sewell at 2. That's not funny. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Dcat said:

Correct.  Some people just don't get it. Stubbornly affixed to a chart that is somewhat obsolete in that offers zero flexibility for positional value and fails to look at the specific situational value when appropriate.  Dolphins did just fine here.  It wasn't a slaughter, but it is very good for them that they get the guy they wanted (Chase most likely or Pitts) and add a 1st round pick and bump a 5th rounder up to a 4th.  Good job.  The chart is only a tool.  And only a tool would foolishly rely on it while ignoring the situational value presented.

Chart, no chart. The Dolphins did an excellent job. 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, New York Mick said:

It’s not a bad trade by Miami. They’re still in a great position to get a top prospect and they picked up a 1st. I hate Miami but there’s nothing bad about the trade. 

They weakened their draft position this year for a future first rounder. It’s not terrible, but it’s nothing to write home about, either. 

2 hours ago, slats said:

They weakened their draft position this year for a future first rounder. It’s not terrible, but it’s nothing to write home about, either. 

They’re not taking a QB and will still get a top WR or OT plus future picks. They have a bunch of high future picks so the move was smart. They can pick players to build around Tua this year and see how he progresses. If he does well then they have more high picks to get needed pieces. If he does back they have ammo to move up next year if needed. If he does really back they have the top pick as well as more high picks. It’s actually a good way to build the team. Unfortunately it’s the fcking Dolphins.