A different way to evaluate the grading of Zack Wilson

So i had this thought about Wilson and maybe the best way to evaluate what teams other than the Jets think of Wilson. 

So,

We have the Eagles wanting to trade up to #3 but only for Wilson.

Then the 49ers do trade to #3 and in doing so give up two future first rounders and a third to move up 9 spots. To draft at 3. With Wilson and Lawrence to likely go #1 and #2.

So take Wilson out of it for a second. What that means is this:

The 49ers think that the 3rd QB in this draft is so good that even with a QB that took them to the SB, they are willing to give up huge amounts of draft capital to get the guy ranked below the Top 2. And it is not a situation like 2018 where the #2 guy will slip to 3 because someone takes a running back.

So in the 49ers mind, either Lance or Jones (not Fields) is in their mind a likely franchise guy.

Think about what that means in the evaluation of Wilson.

Jets are not trading down. It is obvious they are taking Wilson and everyone in the NFL even knows it.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 2
  • Post of the Week 2

3 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I was thinking we could go off things like production and measurable stuff but yeah sure let's use this instead. 

Long time ago I saw a picture of you  with a broken leg and a stripper. Kid kinda looks like you a bit, anything you want to share? 

8 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I was thinking we could go off things like production and measurable stuff but yeah sure let's use this instead. 

Well, we certainly can't use level of competition.  San Diego Barber College isn't terribly impressive.