JetNation 2021 Mock Draft DISCUSSION

Dcat

Leader after R1 is @Sarge4Tide with 75 points thanks to his pick of Payton Turner at 103.  Went 28 last night to NO for 75 points.  Next 4 alll got 50 bonus points for getting pick in right draft slot (25) and to right team (25).

Top 5:

Team Name GM SUM of Total
Rams Sarge4Tide 75
Steelers Paradis 50
Patriots High Pitch 50
Jaguars NY Jets Vets 91 50
Jets kdels62 46

Still a long way to go. 

And Sarge, I may have to change the scoring method if you stay out front.  I am tired of losing to Alabama.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Lith said:

Leader after R1 is @Sarge4Tide with 75 points thanks to his pick of Payton Turner at 103.  Went 28 last night to NO for 75 points.  Next 4 alll got 50 bonus points for getting pick in right draft slot (25) and to right team (25).

Top 5:

Rams Sarge4Tide 75
Steelers Paradis 50
Patriots High Pitch 50
Jets kdels62 46

Still a long way to go. 

And Sarge, I may have to change the scoring method if you stay out front.  I am tired of losing to Alabama.

Happy Yes It Is GIF

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Beerfish said:

The good news is I am plus on all of my picks so far!

The bad news is that I am +1, +2, +1, +8, +17    ?

My picks for Cowboys:

Farley (18) went 22:  -4
Carman (44) went 46:  -2 
Holland (50) went 36:  +14
Dyami Brown (75) went 82: -7
Tuipulotu (99)
Jordan Smith (115)
Alaric Jackson (138)
Fehoko (179)
Chauncey Golston (192) went 84 to Cowboys: +108  (are there any extra points for matching the pick to the exact team @Lith?)
T Poljan (227)
Tre Brown (238)

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Dcat said:

My picks for Cowboys:

Tuipulotu (99)
Jordan Smith (115)
Alaric Jackson (138)
Fehoko (179)
Chauncey Golston (192) went 84 to Cowboys: +108  (are there any extra points for matching the pick to the exact team @Lith?)
T Poljan (227)
Tre Brown (238)

Yup.  +25 for team and +25 for taking at same pick.  Wold be 25 bonus points for Golston.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Dcat said:

My picks for Cowboys:

Tuipulotu (99)
Jordan Smith (115)
Alaric Jackson (138)
Fehoko (179)
T Poljan (227)
Tre Brown (238)

To win these things you need at least one big score player like your Goltson pick and then to avoid a huge negative.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

To win these things you need at least one big score player like your Goltson pick and then to avoid a huge negative.

Yeah, I have tried to find a better way to "score" this thing, so it is less random based on landing the one or two picks who go way earlier than we thought.  But any other method just seems like too much work.

• Upvote 1

On 4/30/2021 at 9:16 AM, Lith said:

Top 5:

Rams Sarge4Tide 75
Steelers Paradis 50
Patriots High Pitch 50
Jets kdels62 46

Still a long way to go. 

I thought I’d be killing it.  I got guys that went before I took them and once again, got yet another hit in Nixon.

Admit it, it’s because Im Gator. 

probably won't win this thing, but 3 of my Cowboys picks in the mock were indeed selected by them in the NFL draft and one of them in the exact same draft slot as well (#179).  Best I've done in all these years.

Cowboys picks matching my Cowboys picks:

Marlon Tuipulotu - my pick: #99  actual: #189
Simi Fehoko - my pick: #179   actual: #179
Chauncey Golston - my pick: #192  actual: #84

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Dcat said:

probably won't win this thing, but 3 of my Cowboys picks in the mock were indeed selected by them in the NFL draft and one of them in the exact same draft slot as well (#179).  Best I've done in all these years.

Cowboys picks matching my Cowboys picks:

Marlon Tuipulotu - my pick: #99  actual: #189
Simi Fehoko - my pick: #179   actual: #179
Chauncey Golston - my pick: #192  actual: #84

This guy was getting a ton of love the last few days before the draft. Thought he might have gone a little earlier. Nice pick....you got in before the hype.?

• Upvote 1

Hope to get the scores up today. 

The one thing that stuck out about my draft is that most of my picks were pretty close to where guys went this past weekend.  Didn't get any to the right team,  My first 6 picks went within 13 slots of their actual draft slot and all were picked in the same round.  Never remmber being that close to the real thing before.

If I score the draft based on standard deviation, I probably win.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Lith said:

Hope to get the scores up today. 

The one thing that stuck out about my draft is that most of my picks were pretty close to where guys went this past weekend.  Didn't get any to the right team,  My first 6 picks went within 13 slots of their actual draft slot and all were picked in the same round.  Never remmber being that close to the real thing before.

If I score the draft based on standard deviation, I probably win.

I'm toast...my 5th rd pick, a cb from Michigan St who had 4-6 rd grades, never got drafted. That kills you. Also, my two 2nds went in the 3rd. Not a good effort.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, section314 said:

I'm toast...my 5th rd pick, a cb from Michigan St who had 4-6 rd grades, never got drafted. That kills you. Also, my two 2nds went in the 3rd. Not a good effort.

In addition to my 3 direct hits for Dallas, I also had a late 3rd (138) and a late 6th (227) who went undrafted.  Probably all net out to a big fat zero.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, section314 said:

Gonna try something a little different this year.  In addition to the traditional scoring we have done in past years, I have been thinking about a way to make scoring less random, less driven by getting lucky (or unlucky) with one late rounder.  I think I am going to look at draft value points.  Figuring out how many points we should have gotten based on draft slots and then how many we did get based on where guys went.  So if you had a pick worth 100 points, and took a guy who went in a slot worth 120, you maximized value by 20%.  If your total draft pool was worth 2,000 points and you end up with 2,200, that is +10%.  

Seems like a better way to see who maximized the value of their picks than scoring by pick number.  Nothing planned for today so I will do it both ways.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

• 7 months later...
Just now, Paradis said:

i don't get the relevance. I still take Smith over waddle, but either way both look to be serious playmakers at the position. 

The relevance was Waddle's record-breaking performance last night on the way to more than likely owning the all time rookie reception record.  And you'd only take him over Waddle because you are you.  lol  Waddle is incredible.  Smith looks decent.

14 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

The relevance was Waddle's record-breaking performance last night on the way to more than likely owning the all time rookie reception record.  And you'd only take him over Waddle because you are you.  lol  Waddle is incredible.  Smith looks decent.

*eye roll*  i'd hoped it wasn't something as lame as some kind of "victory lap". Record breaking? lol. He's a legit top talent, running a ton of Tua friendly shallow routes gobbling up targets... vs the guy playing the "other" bama qb who got replaced by Waddle's current and familiar passer. the layers here are thick. ...Decent? ok then. 

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

*eye roll*  i'd hoped it wasn't something as lame as some kind of "victory lap". Record breaking? lol. He's a legit top talent, running a ton of Tua friendly shallow routes gobbling up targets... vs the guy playing the "other" bama qb who got replaced by Waddle's current and familiar passer. the layers here are thick. ...Decent? ok then. 

You're so cute.  Both players are very good.  One will go down in the record books.

• Sympathy 1