Jump to content

JetNation 2021 Mock Draft DISCUSSION


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As the representative of the New York Jets in this illustrious mock draft, I believe it is my duty to provide my rationale and mindset when making decisions in this draft so to the best of my ability

Same as every year.  It’s the JN Catalina wine mixer

It took hours of negotiation and eventually I caved to exactly what @section314 wanted but I’m happy with the result. I looked up my big board and realized that I had a guy that was considered a top p

Posted Images

I went through the spreadsheet this evening and compared the Draft order with NFL.com.  I think I have all recent trades properly reflected in the sheet.  I woudl like to ask everyone to double check that their teams's picks are correct.  If I missed anything or the order looks off in any spot, please let me know by posting and tagging me in this thread.

Thanks.

  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

7. Patriots drafting QBs: The Patriots are only allowed to draft a QB in the 6th round.

8. Raiders draft priorities: The Raiders have to draft the fastest WR available in round 1 when they pick or the ghost of Al Davis will haunt you untill the Jets win a SB.

 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Lith said:

I went through the spreadsheet this evening and compared the Draft order with NFL.com.  I think I have all recent trades properly reflected in the sheet.  I woudl like to ask everyone to double check that their teams's picks are correct.  If I missed anything or the order looks off in any spot, please let me know by posting and tagging me in this thread.

Thanks.

I love your militant attention to detail with our annual mocks. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Lith said:

This is the perfect once a year effort. 

Almost a full year after our last mock, I am looking forward to another one.  2 1/2 week lead in to the real thing.  a chance to talk nothing but draft and draft prospects.  Beyond just QBs.  It will be fun.  But in two weeks, as we struggle through the 6th and 7th rounds, I will be asking myself why I deciided to help run it again this year.

last two rounds are tough.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

The classic is when you are two picks away from your pick, both guys in front of you are online....then they mysteriously disappear and do not make their picks.

Or you are in the 6th round and have 6 sleepers on your list and plink, plink plink plink plink plink you watch as they all get picked before your pick.

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate to be "that guy" but I do not believe the pick order is correct

I'm picking for Seattle

In real life, they have picks:

  • 56
  • 129
  • 250

On the Spreadsheet they have 3 2nd round picks

 

Also, just to spot check, I compared the the 1st 10 picks of the 7th round in the spreadsheet to real life

 

Spreadsheet

7 1 105 NO 1 New Orleans Saints
7 2 106 TEN 22.6 Tennessee Titans
7 3 107 DAL 12.6 Dallas Cowboys
7 4 108 MIA 26.6 Miami Dolphins
7 5 109 DET 27.8 Detroit Lions
7 6 110 NE 1 New England Patriots
7 7 103 LAR 86 Los Angeles Rams
7 8 104 NO 1 New Orleans Saints
7 9 105 TEN 7.4 Tennessee Titans
7 10 106 DAL 1 Dallas

Cowboys

 

229. New Orleans Saints (from Jacksonville Jaguars) (SAME)
230. San Francisco 49ers (from New York Jets) (DIFFERENT)
231. Miami Dolphins (from Houston Texans) (DIFFERENT)
232. Tennessee Titans (from Atlanta Falcons through Miami Dolphins)(DIFFERENT)
233. Houston Texans (from Cincinnati Bengals)(DIFFERENT)
234. Philadelphia Eagles(DIFFERENT)
235. Cincinnati Bengals (from Detroit Lions through Seattle Seahawks)(DIFFERENT)
236. Buffalo Bills (from Carolina Panthers)(DIFFERENT)
237. Denver Broncos(DIFFERENT)
238. Dallas Cowboys(SAME)

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, New York Mick said:

I have a feeling there’s going to be a trade with the Jets so half the boards gonna go  mental  the other half is gonna like it

This board can be merciless to anyone who picks for the NY Jets.  @kdels62 is the GM.  I'll respect his decision in this mock even if it is not what I want or would do.  Hope everyone else does the same.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

I hate to be "that guy" but I do not believe the pick order is correct

I'm picking for Seattle

In real life, they have picks:

  • 56
  • 129
  • 250

On the Spreadsheet they have 3 2nd round picks

 

Also, just to spot check, I compared the the 1st 10 picks of the 7th round in the spreadsheet to real life

 

Spreadsheet

 

7 1 105 NO 1 New Orleans Saints
7 2 106 TEN 22.6 Tennessee Titans
7 3 107 DAL 12.6 Dallas Cowboys
7 4 108 MIA 26.6 Miami Dolphins
7 5 109 DET 27.8 Detroit Lions
7 6 110 NE 1 New England Patriots
7 7 103 LAR 86 Los Angeles Rams
7 8 104 NO 1 New Orleans Saints
7 9 105 TEN 7.4 Tennessee Titans
7 10 106 DAL 1 Dallas

Cowboys

 

229. New Orleans Saints (from Jacksonville Jaguars) (SAME)
230. San Francisco 49ers (from New York Jets) (DIFFERENT)
231. Miami Dolphins (from Houston Texans) (DIFFERENT)
232. Tennessee Titans (from Atlanta Falcons through Miami Dolphins)(DIFFERENT)
233. Houston Texans (from Cincinnati Bengals)(DIFFERENT)
234. Philadelphia Eagles(DIFFERENT)
235. Cincinnati Bengals (from Detroit Lions through Seattle Seahawks)(DIFFERENT)
236. Buffalo Bills (from Carolina Panthers)(DIFFERENT)
237. Denver Broncos(DIFFERENT)
238. Dallas Cowboys(SAME)

 

I am not sure what happened.  I will go back thru the draft order this AM.  Sorry about that.

 

Edit  The entire draft order is a mess.  Looks like it got incorrectly sorted.  I will get it fixed.  First round is correct so no need to hold things up.  I will have it corrected within the hour.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Lith said:

I am not sure what happened.  I will go back thru the draft order this AM.  Sorry about that.

 

Edit  The entire draft order is a mess.  Looks like it got incorrectly sorted.  I will get it fixed.  First round is correct so no need to hold things up.  I will have it corrected within the hour.

I sure hope I didn't do it.  I tried to sort by team so I could make a list of the exact picks each team had, but it didn't sort like it has in other years.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I sure hope I didn't do it.  I tried to sort by team so I could make a list of the exact picks each team had, but it didn't sort like it has in other years.

No worries.    I restored to a prior version where the order was correct and added the Lawrence pick back in.  All good.  I haven't double checked pick by pick against NFL.com (I will do that tonight when I am supposedly not working).

Thanks for the heads up, @Sarge4Tide.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, PS17 said:

I’m guessing there are serious trade negotiations happening. The pick would have been in by now. Hmmmmmmm

Seems that way.  Based on his posting history over the last 3 months, I assumed Kdels would be sprinting to the virtual podium with his pick.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, kdels62 said:

You guys do amazing work every year. I did my first one almost 10 years ago as a kid who barely knew wtf I was talking about. Now I’m an adult who has basically no idea wtf I’m talking about.

Difference is now that you are older and wiser, you know that you don't know what you are talking about.  10 years ago, you had all the answers.  

Think it was Einstein who said that the more I learn the more I realize how little I really know.  Just what every draft discussion needs, a good Einstein quote.  @kdels62 and Albert.  Two peas in a pod.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Lith said:

Seems that way.  Based on his posting history over the last 3 months, I assumed Kdels would be sprinting to the virtual podium with his pick.

Yeah, that’s what’s throwing me for a loop. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Dcat said:

This board can be merciless to anyone who picks for the NY Jets.  @kdels62 is the GM.  I'll respect his decision in this mock even if it is not what I want or would do.  Hope everyone else does the same.

Bring back @SenorGato just for this week

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...