JetNation 2021 Mock Draft DISCUSSION

Dcat

dd6d44_0b4ea8a023a44b1b9ddf535e681fccad~

Welcome to the JetNation 2021 Mock Draft DISCUSSION thread.  Link below is to the google doc that will be used to track the draft.  

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kSkuTkxUPfd3Z-vni4C8nzXcBIzphARpm2AJmuHzgU4/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks to @Beerfish for putting this sheet together many years ago and special thanks to @Lith for maintaining and enhancing it every season.  Lith makes sure the draft order is correct, the data is uploaded, and everything is working every year.  With nearly 1,000 prospects listed, there should not be many guys selected who are not in the sheet.  If you draft someone who is not on the sheet, we will manually add them as the pick is made.  Send us a PM if anyone has problems accessing/using the sheet.  It is a large file with a lot of links between tabs, so it may take some time to load. 

You can sort columns and change tabs at will, but no edits.  The draft mods will make edits as needed. Send us a PM if you see one needed.

Navigate through the spreadsheet via the tabs at the bottom:
Draft tab: this is the main tab that shows you all the picks for all the rounds in one page. You can quickly see who is on-the-clock and how far away you are from your next pick.
GM Lineup tab: This is what attaches your team and selections to you on the main draft page. Remind me to change these if there are any changes in GMs. 
All Players tab: List of draft prospects with averaged rankings from multiple sources. The rankings are several weeks old so they are NOT up to date. Also they are entirely subjective so use them at your own risk. Use the rankings with caution. There will be no opportunity to update the rankings and there are frequent changes.
Available Player Tab: Very helpful tab. This page gives you a quick look at who is still available. If you see a number next to the player, then he has been selected already and we just haven't gotten around to filtering him off the page. 
Team-by-team: (currently not on spread sheet... will be added after a couple of rounds) shows a team's entire draft.
Positional rankings tabs: self explanatory. Rankings from several allegedly "reputable" draft sites. You can sort by source if you like. Again, these may not up-to-date. Besides, its pretty subjective stuff anyway.

JetNation Mock Draft rules:

1. Duration: We will be doing a full 7 round mock NFL draft. It takes between 2 and 3 weeks from start to finish.  Be patient.
  2. Trades: Trades will be allowed, but only trades of 2021 picks.  Trading future picks or active players is not permitted (i.e. The NY Jets GM is not permitted to trade Sam Darnold during our mock, unless it happens to go down for real in the NFL before the pertinent rounds have started in the mock).  Submit all trades to us in order to be finalized and so we can amend the spreadsheet. And if you are managing two teams, no trades are permitted between those two teams.
  3. Draft clock: For the first four rounds, each GM will have a 3-hour window to make his pick when his team is on the clock. The 3-hour window will run between the 9:00 AM and 11:59 PM ET. The clock does not reset each morning.  If you go on the clock at 11:00 PM – you will have until 11:00 AM the next morning to submit your picks. The clock will not reset for the full 3 hours at 9:00 AM. We may elect to reduce the selection window to 2-hours in the back half of the draft.
  4. Unavailable GMs:  If your pick is coming up and you know that you may not be available, please send in advance 3 – 5 potential picks in order of priority via PM to @Lith @Dcat @NYJetsVets91 @New York Mick and one of us will make the pick.
  5. Advising the next team it is On-the-Clock:   After you have made your pick, please tag/send PM to the next two GMs advising them that they are On-the-Clock and on-deck.  If you go to https://forums.jetnation.com/notifications/options/, scroll down to the toggles you can elect to receive an email when you receive messages -- this can help to keep things moving more quickly.
  6. Missed picks: If you miss a pick, we will make the pick for you, but it's much better to send us a short list of preferences if you can't be around for your pick.  If you miss a pick, please send PM to us letting us know that you intend to continue in the draft.  If we do not receive a PM after a missed pick, we will make your next pick as well.  Once we make a pick for you, that pick is final as soon as the next draft pick is made.  If you miss 2 or more picks in a row, we will look to replace you with another GM unless you let us know that you plan to continue.

2021 JN Mock GM Lineup:

NFC East:
Washington Football Team - @choon328
New York Giants -  @T0mShane
Dallas Cowboys - @Dcat
Philadelphia Eagles - @Greenseed4

NFC North:
Green Bay Packers - @Lith
Chicago Bears - @HawkeyeJet
Minnesota Vikings - @King P

Detroit Lions - @oatmeal

NFC South:
New Orleans Saints - @32EBoozer
Tampa Bay Buccaneers - @IndianaJet
Carolina Panthers - @JiF
Atlanta Falcons - @Jetlife33

NFC West:
Seattle Seahawks - @Sarge4Tide
Los Angeles Rams - @#27TheDominator
Arizona Cardinals - @Matt39
San Francisco 49ers - @GREENBEAN

AFC East:
Buffalo Bills - @New York Mick
Miami Dolphins - @Beerfish
New England Patriots - @HighPitch
New York Jets - @kdels62

AFC North:
Pittsburgh Steelers - @Paradis
Baltimore Ravens - @heymangold
Cleveland Browns - @BroadwayBen
Cincinnati Bengals - @Wonderboy

AFC South:
Tennessee Titans - @SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN
Indianapolis Colts - @Integrity28
Houston Texans - @sec101row23
Jacksonville Jaguars - @NYJetsVets91

AFC West:
Kansas City Chiefs - @Jdub03
Las Vegas Raiders - @RedBeardedSavage
Los Angeles Chargers - @WhartonJet
Denver Broncos - @section314

Here's to another great JetNation Mock Draft!

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

I went through the spreadsheet this evening and compared the Draft order with NFL.com.  I think I have all recent trades properly reflected in the sheet.  I woudl like to ask everyone to double check that their teams's picks are correct.  If I missed anything or the order looks off in any spot, please let me know by posting and tagging me in this thread.

Thanks.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

31 minutes ago, Lith said:

I went through the spreadsheet this evening and compared the Draft order with NFL.com.  I think I have all recent trades properly reflected in the sheet.  I woudl like to ask everyone to double check that their teams's picks are correct.  If I missed anything or the order looks off in any spot, please let me know by posting and tagging me in this thread.

Thanks.

I love your militant attention to detail with our annual mocks. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

21 minutes ago, Lith said:

This is the perfect once a year effort. 

Almost a full year after our last mock, I am looking forward to another one.  2 1/2 week lead in to the real thing.  a chance to talk nothing but draft and draft prospects.  Beyond just QBs.  It will be fun.  But in two weeks, as we struggle through the 6th and 7th rounds, I will be asking myself why I deciided to help run it again this year.

last two rounds are tough.

• Upvote 2

The classic is when you are two picks away from your pick, both guys in front of you are online....then they mysteriously disappear and do not make their picks.

Or you are in the 6th round and have 6 sleepers on your list and plink, plink plink plink plink plink you watch as they all get picked before your pick.

• Upvote 2

I hate to be "that guy" but I do not believe the pick order is correct

I'm picking for Seattle

In real life, they have picks:

On the Spreadsheet they have 3 2nd round picks

Also, just to spot check, I compared the the 1st 10 picks of the 7th round in the spreadsheet to real life

Spreadsheet

7 1 105 NO 1 New Orleans Saints
7 2 106 TEN 22.6 Tennessee Titans
7 3 107 DAL 12.6 Dallas Cowboys
7 4 108 MIA 26.6 Miami Dolphins
7 5 109 DET 27.8 Detroit Lions
7 6 110 NE 1 New England Patriots
7 7 103 LAR 86 Los Angeles Rams
7 8 104 NO 1 New Orleans Saints
7 9 105 TEN 7.4 Tennessee Titans
7 10 106 DAL 1 Dallas

Cowboys

229. New Orleans Saints (from Jacksonville Jaguars) (SAME)
230. San Francisco 49ers (from New York Jets) (DIFFERENT)
231. Miami Dolphins (from Houston Texans) (DIFFERENT)
232. Tennessee Titans (from Atlanta Falcons through Miami Dolphins)(DIFFERENT)
233. Houston Texans (from Cincinnati Bengals)(DIFFERENT)
234. Philadelphia Eagles(DIFFERENT)
235. Cincinnati Bengals (from Detroit Lions through Seattle Seahawks)(DIFFERENT)
236. Buffalo Bills (from Carolina Panthers)(DIFFERENT)
237. Denver Broncos(DIFFERENT)
238. Dallas Cowboys(SAME)

• Upvote 2

Just now, New York Mick said:

I have a feeling there’s going to be a trade with the Jets so half the boards gonna go  mental  the other half is gonna like it

This board can be merciless to anyone who picks for the NY Jets.  @kdels62 is the GM.  I'll respect his decision in this mock even if it is not what I want or would do.  Hope everyone else does the same.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

I hate to be "that guy" but I do not believe the pick order is correct

I'm picking for Seattle

In real life, they have picks:

On the Spreadsheet they have 3 2nd round picks

Also, just to spot check, I compared the the 1st 10 picks of the 7th round in the spreadsheet to real life

Spreadsheet

7 1 105 NO 1 New Orleans Saints
7 2 106 TEN 22.6 Tennessee Titans
7 3 107 DAL 12.6 Dallas Cowboys
7 4 108 MIA 26.6 Miami Dolphins
7 5 109 DET 27.8 Detroit Lions
7 6 110 NE 1 New England Patriots
7 7 103 LAR 86 Los Angeles Rams
7 8 104 NO 1 New Orleans Saints
7 9 105 TEN 7.4 Tennessee Titans
7 10 106 DAL 1 Dallas

Cowboys

229. New Orleans Saints (from Jacksonville Jaguars) (SAME)
230. San Francisco 49ers (from New York Jets) (DIFFERENT)
231. Miami Dolphins (from Houston Texans) (DIFFERENT)
232. Tennessee Titans (from Atlanta Falcons through Miami Dolphins)(DIFFERENT)
233. Houston Texans (from Cincinnati Bengals)(DIFFERENT)
234. Philadelphia Eagles(DIFFERENT)
235. Cincinnati Bengals (from Detroit Lions through Seattle Seahawks)(DIFFERENT)
236. Buffalo Bills (from Carolina Panthers)(DIFFERENT)
237. Denver Broncos(DIFFERENT)
238. Dallas Cowboys(SAME)

I am not sure what happened.  I will go back thru the draft order this AM.  Sorry about that.

Edit  The entire draft order is a mess.  Looks like it got incorrectly sorted.  I will get it fixed.  First round is correct so no need to hold things up.  I will have it corrected within the hour.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Lith said:

I am not sure what happened.  I will go back thru the draft order this AM.  Sorry about that.

Edit  The entire draft order is a mess.  Looks like it got incorrectly sorted.  I will get it fixed.  First round is correct so no need to hold things up.  I will have it corrected within the hour.

I sure hope I didn't do it.  I tried to sort by team so I could make a list of the exact picks each team had, but it didn't sort like it has in other years.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I sure hope I didn't do it.  I tried to sort by team so I could make a list of the exact picks each team had, but it didn't sort like it has in other years.

No worries.    I restored to a prior version where the order was correct and added the Lawrence pick back in.  All good.  I haven't double checked pick by pick against NFL.com (I will do that tonight when I am supposedly not working).

Thanks for the heads up, @Sarge4Tide.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, PS17 said:

I’m guessing there are serious trade negotiations happening. The pick would have been in by now. Hmmmmmmm

Seems that way.  Based on his posting history over the last 3 months, I assumed Kdels would be sprinting to the virtual podium with his pick.

11 hours ago, kdels62 said:

You guys do amazing work every year. I did my first one almost 10 years ago as a kid who barely knew wtf I was talking about. Now I’m an adult who has basically no idea wtf I’m talking about.

Difference is now that you are older and wiser, you know that you don't know what you are talking about.  10 years ago, you had all the answers.  

Think it was Einstein who said that the more I learn the more I realize how little I really know.  Just what every draft discussion needs, a good Einstein quote.  @kdels62 and Albert.  Two peas in a pod.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Lith said:

Seems that way.  Based on his posting history over the last 3 months, I assumed Kdels would be sprinting to the virtual podium with his pick.

Yeah, that’s what’s throwing me for a loop.