Available FA

I think Lewis stands a chance to make the roster. He's a versatile player on the O-Line. Has experience at Guard, Tackle, and Center. Douglas traded for him and they signed hi last off season. He doesn't have a huge cap number either, they'd save $5 million if he were cut. I think he sticks, and Van Roten goes. 

Crowder is likely a goner IMO.

31 minutes ago, Jets4Life1979 said:

I would love to see Douglas go get one of those veteran DE's.  Melvin Ingram, Ryan Kerrigan, Justin Houston or Olivier Vernon

The fact that they completely ignored edge means they likely have plans to do just that. They probably didn't see any of the edge guys available late in the draft as anything even remotely close to being capable of doing what the guys you listed could do day 1. 

Whatever they do they aren’t going to commit more than 2 years to these players. I honestly think we may be better served letting our current players play with exception to getting vet backup QB and maybe one more edge and linebacker. On the fence if we should get a CB. 

Otherwise- just let these players develop - fight hard this season - we got 12 picks next year with 7 in the first 4 rounds.

Things will be more clear at that point what we need/can commit to for those greater than 2 year contracts. 

This lines up nicely for the Jets position wise. Much more talent out there on defense at this point. Richard Sherman and Brian Poole, sign them both. Cut Alex Lewis.... Crowder if you have to, but maybe he will take a pay cut.