The Official 2021 N.Y Knicks 1st Round NBA Playoffs Game(s) Thread vs. Atlanta Hawks:

Down 2-1. 

We can not afford to go down 1-3. 

Today @ 1:00 is a must win game and imo do or die. 

No way can we lose today and then expect to beat this ATL team 3 consecutive back to back to back; with our backs against the wall during all 3. 

Must win today in order to not only tie up the Series 2-2 but to also take back home court advantage (giving us a commanding advantage). 

22 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

No he's not. The refs just baby him.

He has an awesome skill set and unlimited range at 22 years old. The way he sets up his teammates, how he sees the court on the fast break and his overall scoring ability has nothing to do with how many times the refs blow the whistle. The refs blow the whistle for every star. There’s a reason shooters hunt fouls. It’s a common thing .. as I’m typing they call Young on an awful foul. Reggie Bullock fell first.

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

He has an awesome skill set and unlimited range at 22 years old. The way he sets up his teammates, how he sees the court on the fast break and his overall scoring ability has nothing to do with how many times the refs blow the whistle. The refs blow the whistle for every star. There’s a reason shooters hunt fouls. It’s a common thing .. as I’m typing they call Young on an awful foul. Reggie Bullock fell first.

Fk Trae Young I'm just super excited for our 20 year old RJ Barrett he's looking AWESOME out there today!

3 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Oh well. Down 1-3. 

I'll still watch game 5 hoping to make it 3-2. 

Then game 6 would at least be exciting while playing to force a game 7. 

But yeah. Disheartening. 

Your takes make me care less about my own teams. Ffs

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Your takes make me care less about my own teams. Ffs

You're not a Knicks fan and if so; you're nothing more than a little fake bandwagon fan who only started watching once we made the playoffs. 

Many of us spoke about and enjoyed our Knicks throughout the entire season on JN, however; your fake ass was nowhere to be found. 

So ffs NYK fans such as myself couldn't care less what you have to say while being frustrated about 1-3. 

Go crawl back under the Knicks rock that you came out of (fake Playoff bandwagon fan). 

2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

He’s got the goods to be a consistent scorer for a long time. As @RutgersJetFan said, he was a bit streaky at times, but I like the future for RJ Barrett.

Will be interesting to see where he goes from here. Supposedly his work ethic is second to none so we’ll see how his offensive game rounds out. As his confidence builds I think he grows into a solid 1B guy within 2-3 years. 

The team is much further away than we thought/hoped.  Will need to figure out if Randle is a foundational piece or not. This series is telling us maybe not but who knows.  Rose has been awesome but there are a lot of miles on those tires.  Not quite the Jeremy Lin rollercoaster ride from a few years ago but it feels a little bit like it.

DWC you really do need to get into fewer fights and hedge a bit on the absolute nature of your pronouncements/predictions. Otherwise you may find yourself out on a limb having firmly predicted that something or other is a lock only to find out it is very far from being a lock.

This team is not ready but it is moving (for once) in a positive direction.

32 minutes ago, EM31 said:

The team is much further away than we thought/hoped.  Will need to figure out if Randle is a foundational piece or not. This series is telling us maybe not but who knows.  Rose has been awesome but there are a lot of miles on those tires.  Not quite the Jeremy Lin rollercoaster ride from a few years ago but it feels a little bit like it.

DWC you really do need to get into fewer fights and hedge a bit on the absolute nature of your pronouncements/predictions. Otherwise you may find yourself out on a limb having firmly predicted that something or other is a lock only to find out it is very far from being a lock.

This team is not ready but it is moving (for once) in a positive direction.

I dunno, they look a lot like the team they were for most of the season. Hot/cold, capable of making plays on defense but unable to capitalize on them offensively half the time, and desperately in need of shooters. The winning streak made it look like they solved all of that but at this point it's looking like they simply rode a hot streak and peaked at the wrong time. And that's fine, still a fantasy season for Knicks fans. 

I think there is more reason to believe that Randle will be fine in the long run than not given his track record. Plenty of great players had bad postseasons early in their careers. 

3 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

You're not a Knicks fan and if so; you're nothing more than a little fake bandwagon fan who only started watching once we made the playoffs. 

Many of us spoke about and enjoyed our Knicks throughout the entire season on JN, however; your fake ass was nowhere to be found. 

So ffs NYK fans such as myself couldn't care less what you have to say while being frustrated about 1-3. 

Go crawl back under the Knicks rock that you came out of (fake Playoff bandwagon fan). 

Oh, are we going to do the “I’m moar fan then u” thing because I think you post some of the dumbest takes/comments I’ve ever read?

I see.

19 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I dunno, they look a lot like the team they were for most of the season. Hot/cold, capable of making plays on defense but unable to capitalize on them offensively half the time, and desperately in need of shooters. The winning streak made it look like they solved all of that but at this point it's looking like they simply rode a hot streak and peaked at the wrong time. And that's fine, still a fantasy season for Knicks fans. 

I think there is more reason to believe that Randle will be fine in the long run than not given his track record. Plenty of great players had bad postseasons early in their careers. 

Rutgers,

I hope your take on what we are watching is closer to the truth than my own.  Trying not to be a same 'ole Knicks fan but old habits die hard.

39 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Oh, are we going to do the “I’m moar fan then u” thing because I think you post some of the dumbest takes/comments I’ve ever read?

I see.

Omg STFU you little fake bandwagon fan. 

You haven't talked about the Knicks all season long... So DON'T START NOW. 

Me hoping for a game 5 win in order to enjoy a meaningful game 6 is a bad take? Well then go piss off. 

I'm just trying to enjoy my Knicks in the playoffs for the 2nd time in over 20+ years while reliving some of my 1990s childhood basketball memories/passion; and I don't need some ? jumping down my throat because of it. 

I've been talking NY basketball since January of 2020. You, haven't; so don't start now (piss off). 

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Omg STFU you little fake bandwagon fan. 

You haven't talked about the Knicks all season long... So DON'T START NOW. 

Me hoping for a game 5 win in order to enjoy a meaningful game 6 is a bad take? Well then go piss off. 

I'm just trying to enjoy my Knicks in the playoffs for the 2nd time in over 20+ years while reliving some of my 1990s childhood basketball memories/passion; and I don't need some ? jumping down my throat because of it. 

I've been talking NY basketball since January of 2020. You, haven't; so don't start now (piss off). 

I said you have bad takes. That’s hardly jumping down anyone’s throat.

Your reaction fits that description.

If you want to enjoy the Knicks, watch TV. It seems more like you want to earn fan status by redundantly taking about how long you’ve been a fan, while projecting others as bandwagon fans, and peppering the board with personal attacks and really illogical takes.

Tell us again how long you’ve been a fan of all the NY things tho.

24 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I said you have bad takes. That’s hardly jumping down anyone’s throat.

Your reaction fits that description.

If you want to enjoy the Knicks, watch TV. It seems more like you want to earn fan status by redundantly taking about how long you’ve been a fan, while projecting others as bandwagon fans, and peppering the board with personal attacks and really illogical takes.

Tell us again how long you’ve been a fan of all the NY things tho.

You had ZERO takes on the Knicks throughout all of 2020-2021. 

There were 5-6 Knicks threads with a handful of us Jet fans who participated in NY basketball talk all season long (actually started on draft night here on JN). 

You? ??? You were nowhere to be found. 

You were nowhere to be found during the regular season. But then you pop up out of nowhere to antagonize me during the PLAYOFFSSSS? 

Piss off you fake bandwagon fan. 

54 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

The Hawks are just better.  Is what it is.  Knicks needs offense desperately next year. 

I don't agree with the notion that ATL is a "better team". 

We're without our starting Center in Mitchell Robinson, we won the regular season 3-1 against them and had an IDENTICAL record as them. 

Yes they're up 3-1 and Julius Randle has absolutely killed us but if we can win on June 2nd @ home in MSG it could give us all the momentum in the world to win game 6 with Mitchell Robinson returning. 

better team than us? I don't believe so; I believe we just collapsed but to each our own. 

1 minute ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

You had ZERO takes on the Knicks throughout all of 2020-2021. 

There were 5-6 Knicks threads with a handful of us Jet fans who participated in NY basketball talk all season long (actually started on draft night here on JN). 

You? ??? You were nowhere to be found. 

You were nowhere to be found during the regular season. But then you pop up out of nowhere to antagonize me during the PLAYOFFSSSS? 

Piss off you fake bandwagon fan. 

Partially true. I had zero stupid takes.

I’m not quite sure why you think “bandwagon fan” is an appropriate rebuttal to me acknowledging that you sh*tpost constantly. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I don't agree with the notion that ATL is a "better team". 

We're without our starting Center in Mitchell Robinson, we won the regular season 3-1 against them and had an IDENTICAL record as them. 

Yes they're up 3-1 and Julius Randle has absolutely killed us but if we can win on June 2nd @ home in MSG it could give us all the momentum in the world to win game 6 with Mitchell Robinson returning. 

better team than us? I don't believe so; I believe we just collapsed but to each our own. 

Scoreboards determine who is better. What you are doing is making excuses.

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Partially true. I had zero stupid takes.

I’m not quite sure why you think “bandwagon fan” is an appropriate rebuttal to me acknowledging that you sh*tpost constantly. 

You weren't talking Knicks basketball throughout the entire season. 

Therefore you don't have the right to show your ugly head here in the playoffs. 

Piss off (you little fake bandwagon fan).