Litter on N.J beaches.

Over the weekend attended a family wedding the venue was at place  overlooking the beach of Long Branch N.J.  When we got to the place the beach was packed like sardines. When the crowds left the litter left behind looked like a landfill. Whats wrong with people why do they feel the need to leave all their trash on the beaches where they spent the day. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Over the weekend attended a family wedding the venue was at place  overlooking the beach of Long Branch N.J.  When we got to the place the beach was packed like sardines. When the crowds left the litter left behind looked like a landfill. Whats wrong with people why do they feel the need to leave all their trash on the beaches where they spent the day. 

People are just inconsiderate.

Where I work, people act so proud of their town, kind of oddly elitist.  Every day, parking lots full of used masks, hand wipes, crap like that.   If you like your town so much, and are so proud of it, throw your crap away.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, chirorob said:

People are just inconsiderate.

Where I work, people act so proud of their town, kind of oddly elitist.  Every day, parking lots full of used masks, hand wipes, crap like that.   If you like your town so much, and are so proud of it, throw your crap away.

Im pretty sure most of the  the people on the beach weren't from town. 

People all complain about paying beach fees yet they destroyed that beach last Sunday. 

The employees of the venue said this happens daily mostly on weekends is the biggest of messes. 

Pier Village in Long Branch N.J is no shabby area either this is sad on so many levels that this is happening. 

Need better enforcement on all our beaches. 

Arrest and fine people the word will get out. 

53 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Isn't Jersey just one big pile of litter already?

(I'm from Jersey.  I get to make that joke.)

I have a place at Carolina Beach now and walk the beach to watch the sunrise.  I’m shocked by the straws, and just general littler that people leave behind.  

• Upvote 1

On 6/7/2021 at 2:42 PM, joewilly12 said:

It happens all over the world.

This is a topic that hits home for me. I used to frequently visit my hometown beach and volunteered to pick up trash. It was an overwhelming and redundant task--a never ending story--a total disgrace.

We have the same issues with the forest being used as dump sites. The utter disrespect to mother nature and our natural resources is outright a disgrace. 

Thanks for posting this @joewilly12

Screenshot_20210610-064122.png

Screenshot_20210610-064025.png

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Huge party on N.J. beach broken up by cops

Updated 1:18 PM; Today 11:46 AM 
Unruly crowd prompts large police response in Long Branch, N.J.

Police in riot gear from the Monmouth County Sheriff's Office Rapid Deployment Force take up a position on Ocean Avenue in Long Branch after dispersing a large crowd Saturday night. Andrew Mills | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

Facebook Share
Twitter Share

A large Jersey Shore beach party was broken up by police Saturday evening.

Social media posts showed a crowd of several hundred attendees on the beach, boardwalk, and streets of Long Branch, near its popular Pier Village shopping area, Saturday afternoon. The gathering was promoted on social media platforms Snapchat and TikTok as a “beach party,” and attendees were advised to bring their own alcohol and marijuana.

Moving here in late 90s from Canada and one of the first things I noticed is how dirty the streets and highways are basically everywhere in NY/NJ compared to where I grew up in Ontario. NJ in particular has a bad rep because of the state of it's front door. The areas around Newark Airport and the major border crossings into NYC are disgrace.

10 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

Moving here in late 90s from Canada and one of the first things I noticed is how dirty the streets and highways are basically everywhere in NY/NJ compared to where I grew up in Ontario. NJ in particular has a bad rep because of the state of it's front door. The areas around Newark Airport and the major border crossings into NYC are disgrace.

Dirty Jersey. 

They need to put the prisoners back to work on the litter details along highways etc. 

i used to see them all the time not anymore. 

2 hours ago, JetPotato said:

Jersey beaches are crap. Worst on the entire Atlantic Coast, and it's not just because of the people.

You know what shocked me a few years back?   I had never been to Rhode Island and was so impressed with the beaches.  Just beautiful

Also miss the days hanging out and walking the beach front up at the Cape and Rehoboth (Philly Hamptons). 

29 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

You know what shocked me a few years back?   I had never been to Rhode Island and was so impressed with the beaches.  Just beautiful

Also miss the days hanging out and walking the beach front up at the Cape and Rehoboth (Philly Hamptons). 

Maine, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Delaware, Carolinas ... all crush NJ. Not even comparable.

16 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Have you ever been to Island Beach State Park in NJ?  That's just a stunningly beautiful beach.

Yeah it is pretty nice but I have seen better at all the states I listed. Plus as mentioned, NJ has a people problem. To me the vibe is just not there. I feel so much more relaxed in other places. In general, I just find the way NJ planned (or didn't plan) out its shorefront is just... icky.

Just now, JetPotato said:

Yeah it is pretty nice but I have seen better at all the states I listed. Plus as mentioned, NJ has a people problem. To me the vibe is just not there. I feel so much more relaxed in other places. In general, I just find the way NJ planned (or didn't plan) out its storefront is just... icky.

Honestly, I don't know very much about NJ beaches other than a few.  I spent most of my younger days on South Beach, Staten Island; Riis Park; and Jones Beach, which is my favorite as you could walk for miles along the shore.

Without hesitation, Point Reyes National Seashore (Marin County, CA) as the best--most scenic--beach I've ever experienced.  Cape Cod is a close second.

8 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Yeah it is pretty nice but I have seen better at all the states I listed. Plus as mentioned, NJ has a people problem. To me the vibe is just not there. I feel so much more relaxed in other places. In general, I just find the way NJ planned (or didn't plan) out its shorefront is just... icky.

N.J beaches are beautiful its the people abusing them that are the problem. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

35 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

In terms of the nature?  Sure.  But then you have to be in Maine, Rhode island, Massachusetts, Delaware, or the Carolinas.  So, no thanks.

Lol. Being in those states also crushes being in NJ in general. I went to college and lived in NJ for 16 years of my life. If you've ever lived anywhere else also like I have, you understand how bad NJ really is in so many ways.

• Upvote 1

Just now, JetPotato said:

Lol. Being in those states also crushes being in NJ in general. I went to college and lived in NJ for 16 years of my life. If you've ever lived anywhere else also like I have, you understand how bad NJ really is in so many ways.

N.J  isn't the best place to live but it also isnt the worst. 

When was the last time you were in North or South Carolina. 

Its no longer what it used to be. 

1 hour ago, JetPotato said:

I have, and I disagree.  But to each their own, truly.

6 hours ago, JetPotato said:

Yes. Grew up in NJ and lived in the city from '06-'16, 9 of those years in Brooklyn. Been in Gulf Shores, AL for the past 5+ years and have little desire to go back. Miss some friends and of course the variety of food but that's....yeah, that's it.