PFF 25 top players under 25

2 hours ago, redlichtie said:

Also, 2 of the top 5 were developed by our new HC (Warner & Bosa)

Good point, although I'd submit that Bosa arrived in the NFL largely developed already.

I really like the opportunity here for Saleh to be a big influence on a lot of young defenders, especially the LBs.  While he's coached in a lot of different defensive positions over his career (defensive assistant, LB coach, D Coordinator, etc.) there's no doubt that the LB position is near and dear to his heart.  Saleh has an affinity for LBers and I think guys like Sherwood and Nasirildeen are going to benefit from that greatly, as will veterans like Davis and even guys like Mosley.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, jgb said:

This is great to see when is the last time a Jets offensive player was recognized on any of these "best of" lists? Brandon Marshall and Nick Mangold? I can't remember anything more recent.

Frank Gore would have made the 25 Under 25 list...  14 years ago.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, nycdan said:

Frank Gore would have made the 25 Under 25 list...  14 years ago.

Frank Gore has been in the league so long I completely forget he ever played for the Colts when looking up his stats back when he was a young back.

18 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Darnold will throw for 60% completions with 16 TDs and 21 INTs when he’s 27 and people will still be like “but he’s still so young!”

No I think people are just calling him young because he's 24 and played 3 years for the Jets.

On 6/16/2021 at 2:26 PM, jetstream23 said:

Good point, although I'd submit that Bosa arrived in the NFL largely developed already.

I really like the opportunity here for Saleh to be a big influence on a lot of young defenders, especially the LBs.  While he's coached in a lot of different defensive positions over his career (defensive assistant, LB coach, D Coordinator, etc.) there's no doubt that the LB position is near and dear to his heart.  Saleh has an affinity for LBers and I think guys like Sherwood and Nasirildeen are going to benefit from that greatly, as will veterans like Davis and even guys like Mosley.

Indeed that’s true, although I’d still say he gets credit for the fact Bosa came in and immediately performed as advertised...so many prospects like him simply fail to live up to expectations and I’d venture that coaching or ‘scheme’ are a contributory factor in most instances.
Coaches are often way too clever for themselves and even good or great prospects can flounder under such circumstances....hopefully Saleh has that ability to both develop an unheralded player, such  as Warner, and also handle the big time prospects (and ego’s) line Bosa, at the same time,...the great coaches manage everyone and get production out of everyone

• Upvote 1