"The Boys" Mafia - Season 1 - Game Over.. TOWN WINS!

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Seconds after Spoot.  I sincerely doubt JiF or Nyn saw Spoot's vote and in real time made the decision to follow.  If Spoot gets credit for being a momentum vote, then so do JiF and Nyn.  

Nyn herself had stated she wasn't feeling the Kdels lynch.  Beaver had been gaining attention much of the day, and was the 2nd leading train at the time.  

@JiFapono @Nynaeve

Let's hear from JiF and nyn then.

12 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

How is it not reality?

^ kdels at L1, beaver has 2 votes - 47 minutes to deadline

beaver to 3 

beaver to 4, etc

fwiw, I didnt see the Spoot vote change when I made the decision.  I saw the kdels reveal and felt it was real and immediately switched my vote to Beaver.

That said, it is a good look

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Look at the timestamps.  All 3 of those votes came in the span of 60 seconds.  They were essentially simultaneous.  Spoot didn't have any influence on those votes whatsoever.  If Spoot was a "momentum vote", then so were JiF's and Nyn's.  

Spoot was trying to give himself undeserved town cred by making that claim.

7 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

they came after spoot - his vote looks like the impetus. If his vote wasn't the cause of that momentum what was?

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Seconds after Spoot.  I sincerely doubt JiF or Nyn saw Spoot's vote and in real time made the decision to follow.  If Spoot gets credit for being a momentum vote, then so do JiF and Nyn.  

Nyn herself had stated she wasn't feeling the Kdels lynch.  Beaver had been gaining attention much of the day, and was the 2nd leading train at the time.  

lol, see above.  My they were simultaneous but I 100% didnt see Spoot's vote change prior to moving to Beaver. 

And yes, both Nyn and I felt Zdels was low hanging fruit

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

How is it not reality?

^ kdels at L1, beaver has 2 votes - 47 minutes to deadline

beaver to 3 

beaver to 4, etc

if anything this makes it look like nolder was the push to try to get kdels lynched. nolder using the poor logic he did at the time saying the whole... NO ONE SHOULD CLAIM VT and then the interactions after the Beaver Lynch does make it a little unsettling.

@Nynaeve why you think Dice / Nolder is town?

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

Dice is town imo. 

7 minutes ago, Stark said:

if anything this makes it look like nolder was the push to try to get kdels lynched. nolder using the poor logic he did at the time saying the whole... NO ONE SHOULD CLAIM VT and then the interactions after the Beaver Lynch does make it a little unsettling.

because the more I read that ending of the day back the more I feel like nolder was trying to hurry to get Kdels lynched before the deadline and his stance was a bit BS.

UNVOTE GS
VOTE DICE NOLDER

8 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

lol, see above.  My they were simultaneous but I 100% didnt see Spoot's vote change prior to moving to Beaver. 

And yes, both Nyn and I felt Zdels was low hanging fruit

2 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

My vote had nothing to do with Spoot. I voted beaver solely based on kdles' reaction and self vote.

Spoot's placement in the train doesn't clear him but it's not a bad look. 

Thank you both for confirming.  So, yes, Spoot was full of sh*t about that.

And to be clear, I agree with Nyn that Spoot voting Beaver when he did obviously is a good look.  However, Spoot using revisionist history to retroactively take credit for being the momentum vote removes much/all of that goodwill, hence why he's still my # 1 for scum.  Especially since he tried to paint the later Beaver voters as potential bus votes.  

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Thank you both for confirming.  So, yes, Spoot was full of sh*t about that.

And to be clear, I agree with Nyn that Spoot voting Beaver when he did obviously is a good look.  However, Spoot using revisionist history to retroactively take credit for being the momentum vote removes much/all of that goodwill, hence why he's still my # 1 for scum.  Especially since he tried to paint the later Beaver voters as potential bus votes.  

In fairness its almost always the case though... there is usually a scum player that hurries and jumps on the train late when the Lynch is imminent. No way to know which one/ones but on that statement he's isn't full of sh*t.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Stark said:

In fairness its almost always the case though... there is usually a scum player that hurries and jumps on the train late when the Lynch is imminent. No way to know which one/ones but on that statement he's isn't full of sh*t.

True, but then he just essentially picked a name out of a hat (me) and voted that way.  He did no analysis of how the train developed or which "bus vote" or supposed bussing player looked scummiest.  It was lazy, paint-by-numbers Mafia, and came off as completely disingenuous.  Taking his full argument in its totality it was simply a bad look to me.

3 minutes ago, Stark said:

Nolder felt like town from initial early game feels. He seemed very focused early on before he went ape sh*t and subbed out. It was a good look overall for him... with him I mostly separate things ie I look at how he's handling himself vs what he's actually saying cause I legit almost never agree with his take lol

I said it at the time and I'll say it again now. I think Nolder's concept with VT claiming is NAI. I think he believed in what he was saying 100%. It's a principle thing with him and not the first (or last) time he'll do that. Which is to say I don't think he was nudging kdels at all. He was mostly speaking his mind.

dice I just know how to read really well from playing together for over a decade. He came into the game sounding invested and determined. The way he regarded me is the way I expect him to, no signs that I saw of me making him nervous or him trying to cater to me. He feels very centered. So I feel pretty comfortable with his slot overall. It's not something I'm trying to "sell" to anyone, since it's based quite a bit on personal experience, but imo he's not a concern

8 minutes ago, Stark said:

because the more I read that ending of the day back the more I feel like nolder was trying to hurry to get Kdels lynched before the deadline and his stance was a bit BS.

UNVOTE GS
VOTE DICE NOLDER

I disagree

4 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

I disagree

ok... well reading back the end of D1 I didn't like the way nolder was playing it.. I was on a scum team with him before when he subbed out. so he doesn't care what faction he is to request a sub. I don't know Dices play style enough to gauge him off the few posts he's made.

14 minutes ago, Stark said:

UNVOTE GS
VOTE DICE NOLDER

Nolder is known for not revealing and getting stuck on some illogical principle that only makes sense to him.  This VT thingy, seems in line with his real opinions regarding game play.

And I dont see this gaining enough traction in 6 hours.   Kind of a waste of effort.

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Spoot was the momentum vote that led to the beaver lynch. Unless kdels is scum I find it hard to believe spoot is. For that reason, I think kdels would be a better lynch than spoot.

Any thoughts on Arsis/JC?

I could lynch them. Sure

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Stark said:

ok... well reading back the end of D1 I didn't like the way nolder was playing it.. I was on a scum team with him before when he subbed out. so he doesn't care what faction he is to request a sub. I don't know Dices play style enough to gauge him off the few posts he's made.

I didn't like Nolder's take on the matter and I was pretty vocal about it. But he has certain ideals about mafia that tend to be pretty radical which is why I've learned not to incorporate that into my read.

You're of course free to think as you please, but that's my take on it. I don't feel like he was saying those things as an underhanded attempt to get kdels lynched, I feel like he was saying it because that's what he thinks is right. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Nolder is known for not revealing and getting stuck on some illogical principle that only makes sense to him.  This VT thingy, seems in line with his real opinions regarding game play.

And I dont see this gaining enough traction in 6 hours.   Kind of a waste of effort.

yeah I know Nolder has his own weird principals... im just looking at the timing he demanded Kdels to die... got Kdels to L-1 and then Spoot bounced which was right before you and nyn so theoretically he just believed the reveal as well.

5 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

I didn't like Nolder's take on the matter and I was pretty vocal about it. But he has certain ideals about mafia that tend to be pretty radical which is why I've learned not to incorporate that into my read.

You're of course free to think as you please, but that's my take on it. I don't feel like he was saying those things as an underhanded attempt to get kdels lynched, I feel like he was saying it because that's what he thinks is right. 

oh I believe that he believes that. It was more the timing of him putting kdels at L-1. 

6 minutes ago, Stark said:

yeah I know Nolder has his own weird principals... im just looking at the timing he demanded Kdels to die... got Kdels to L-1 and then Spoot bounced which was right before you and nyn so theoretically he just believed the reveal as well.

True.  Spoot looks good doing that but it's the only play all game he's done that looks good.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Look at the timestamps.  All 3 of those votes came in the span of 60 seconds.  They were essentially simultaneous.  Spoot didn't have any influence on those votes whatsoever.  If Spoot was a "momentum vote", then so were JiF's and Nyn's.  

Spoot was trying to give himself undeserved town cred by making that claim.

Nyn quoted my vote when she voted, when means she read my vote first before she decided to vote Beaver, so it isn't a stretch to believe that it had at least some influence on her vote.

You can die.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yeah, you're scum.

1 minute ago, JiFapono said:

True.  Spoot looks good doing that but it's the only play all game he's done that looks good.

and what does 80 look good for? because at the end of D1 I wrote down some names to go back and look at and Arsis/Nolder/80 were on that list... which of course is now JC/Dice/80...  the way 80 moved his vote saying it would be skilled scum to want to die is the post that stuck out for me as an opportunistic statement. when he could have  left that part out and just said kdels is around at deadline and defending as his reason to move to beaver. read as over explaining. 

Im not pushing the nolder / dice thing with this few hours left. I just didn't like his timing. 

Jc coming into the game and doing basically nothing and being pingy with the joke vote on voting 80 for the "thumbs down" vote and wanting to kill dice but not voting there. Dice initially trying when he came into the game plus seeing what Nyn and you said about nolder moves him down the list and JC and 80 still on it. Not really a fan of the "case" on ape and I could vote either of the 3

UNVOTE DICE

52 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

My vote had nothing to do with Spoot. I voted beaver solely based on kdles' reaction and self vote.

Spoot's placement in the train doesn't clear him but it's not a bad look. 

But you did see my vote first.