‘21 Training Camp Tweets 7/29 (Zach Wilson is still in California probably Edition)

2 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

I don't really care about negativity.  I just wish the guy was a better writer.  Even on twitter he is a ******* hack and eight year olds have mastered that format.

Perhaps I should be more kind.  My boss just said "pass mustard" during a meeting.  I'm not sure if I endeared myself by asking "Pardon me, would you have any Grey Poupon?"

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

The media is limited in what they are allowed to report scheme wise.

Right. True. 

but you know what I mean. Writers have an implied responsibility to tell a story as they report. There’s what you’re telling me, and then there’s what you’re really saying about it. The editorial spin if you will. 

Connor Hughes tries but just comes off as a fan with little tact. 

57 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Right. True. 

but you know what I mean. Writers have an implied responsibility to tell a story as they report. There’s what you’re telling me, and then there’s what you’re really saying about it. The editorial spin if you will. 

Connor Hughes tries but just comes off as a fan with little tact. 

I agree, it would be nice if they put more effort in.  We are going to have some people at camp soon so we will help the quality improve.  :)

• Upvote 4

Jeff Howe@jeffphowe 4h

Context on the delay in Zach Wilson's signing, which was finalized today: The Jets only opened negotiations last week and wanted Wilson to defer $6M of his signing bonus to 2022, per source. When the Jets agreed to pay the whole SB last night, Wilson flew out to join the team.

Glad this nonsense is over but if the above is true what was the team
thinking???  You don't start talking contract a week ago.  Whatever,
at least I'll see three days of a whole team.  I would've been ticked
if Wilson wasn't there

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, KRL said:

Jeff Howe@jeffphowe 4h

Context on the delay in Zach Wilson's signing, which was finalized today: The Jets only opened negotiations last week and wanted Wilson to defer $6M of his signing bonus to 2022, per source. When the Jets agreed to pay the whole SB last night, Wilson flew out to join the team.

Glad this nonsense is over but if the above is true what was the team
thinking???  You don't start talking contract a week ago.  Whatever,
at least I'll see three days of a whole team.  I would've been ticked
if Wilson wasn't there

It broke my heart to see Johnson's sons in the Draft Room.  I was really hoping that he would sell the team before leaving it to them.

His brother is not running the team.   Chris was more concerned about PR than winning.  

They never earned their money.   Personally, I think the signing bonuses should be deferred conditional upon not getting arrested, etc.  But the downside to picking at 2 is that you pay the price of 2.