From Zach Wilson, to "Splash" Wilson, to "Sack" Wilson...

53 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Yes. Of course he is partly to blame, he hasn’t played well, but everything around him is a mess too.  

Basically I am speaking to everyone that slammed me and down voted me on posts where my enthusiasm for the new QB and new HC and CS was tempered. I was saying show me. Show me that you can do this job. What I have been shown is qe have a QB that throws a nice deep ball but misses on what should  be easy pass plays and a HC that is drowning.  Not sure what the sunshine boys are seeing but this team is possibly worse than anything Gase put on the field last season.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, DrFrasierCrane said:

The OL has actually been pretty good in pass protection outside of week 1. A lot of the sacks and hits Wilson has take is more due to him being a rookie. 

The biggest issues on offense (outside of ZWs rookie struggles) has been the running game. It is really important to be able to run the ball in this offense and the Jets haven’t been able to thus far. 

My hidden point in my post is the running game is being impacted by the play of the OL...

Lets Go Jets

On 10/27/2021 at 12:20 PM, More Cowbell said:

The way to keep the score from getting out of hand is by putting together long drives that produce points. Sorry but the Jets inability  to do that is not all on Wilson, but he is partly to blame here. 

Yea but I hear the QB stirs the drink

7 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Zach on the Pats would have been incredible ... lay the blame where it is deserved ... the coaches feet.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

You want to do the “Darnold would be just as good as X if he was on the Y’s” thing that we did in ‘18 all over again with Wilson and Jones, be my guest.  I’m not buying that stuff again.

Im hoping we get lucky with Zach, but I think a lot of people here fell in love with what did against inferior competition in a covid season last year while Jones was going against SEC teams just like Burrow did the year before. Add in the hysteria  during TC when he was getting comped to Rodgers. We were brushing off all the bad throws because Saleh kept saying he was testing how much he could get away with… no. I don’t think so.

Sorry man, hope you’re right, and I’m wrong, but I’m not impressed with this kid at all this far. The random splash plays people here like to talk endlessly about? Lol. Every pro has splash plays now and then… the good ones have a lot of them in a game. The mediocre ones have them once every two or three weeks.

On 10/26/2021 at 10:34 PM, Green Ghost said:

Belichek and MsDaniel are putting on a clinic in how to develop a QB. Again.

I agree with Eisen. The Pats are doing it exactly how they did with Brady. Slow and steady. Right now Jets fans are making fun, calling him a dink and dunker. Watch as he becomes more and more comfortable… and they open the offense up more and more.

Meanwhile, Zach can’t complete those dink and dunk passes we make fun of Mac for throwing. He is out there doing what he did at BYU. Running around, throwing up prayers downfield playing hero ball. Except now the defenders are bigger and faster, and there aren’t any heroes coming down with those balls.

7 weeks in, Wilson looks lost, and now he’s hurt. This is going great. ?

What?

The Pats were running with Bledsoe until Mo "The QB HOF Maker" Lewis knocked him out.

Beli didn't know what they had in Brady.  

He lucked into it.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, peebag said:

What?

The Pats were running with Bledsoe until Mo "The QB HOF Maker" Lewis knocked him out.

He lucked into it.

I still don't know what Bledsoe was thinking.  I see Mo Lewis coming at me at full speed, I GTF out of bounds.  One of the best shots I ever saw, btw.

13 minutes ago, peebag said:

What?

He lucked into it.

Nobody knew what Brady would become… he was a 6th round pick, lol.
What does that have to do with how they developed Brady after Bledsoe went down?

Do you remember how conservative their offense was with him at the beginning? Brady wasn’t “GOAT Brady” right out of the gate…

4 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Nobody knew what Brady would become… he was a 6th round pick, lol.
What does that have to do with how they developed Brady after Bledsoe went down?

Do you remember how conservative their offense was with him at the beginning? Brady wasn’t “GOAT Brady” right out of the gate…

Sure because it was the defense that ran that team, not the offense.

and I don't know why people are getting excited for Mac Jones right now.

The Patriots have beaten the Jets and Texans this year and spent a small fortune in FA to surrounded him with talent.

14 minutes ago, peebag said:

Sure because it was the defense that ran that team, not the offense.

and I don't know why people are getting excited for Mac Jones right now.

The Patriots have beaten the Jets and Texans this year and spent a small fortune in FA to surrounded him with talent.

I agree with everything here. The defense led that team while they were developing a QB. (Like I’ve been saying in this thread)

I get what you’re saying about people being overly excited about Jones. He’s been good at what they’ve been asking him to do though, which admittedly isn’t that much. That’s been my point though… they’re developing him the same way they did with Brady. Slowly.

Meanwhile, we’re doing what we did with Darnold all over again. Thinking we’ve got a “gunslinger” and letting him run around like a chicken without a head tossing 50/50 balls downfield. Meanwhile the kid is throwing 6 yard passes into the dirt.

Maybe I’m missing something here.. you tell me, what is the Jets plan as far as developing Wilson? I don’t see one. I look at the Pats and Jones and I think I do.

BTW let’s stop with the Pats only beat the Jets and Texans thing

They lost on week 1 when their RB fumbled when they were running out the clock before kicking a game winning FG, and they took the Cowboys down to the last second in Dallas. We should wish we could be half as competitive as the Pats have been.

On 10/26/2021 at 11:34 PM, Green Ghost said:

Belichek and MsDaniel are putting on a clinic in how to develop a QB. Again.

I agree with Eisen. The Pats are doing it exactly how they did with Brady. Slow and steady. Right now Jets fans are making fun, calling him a dink and dunker. Watch as he becomes more and more comfortable… and they open the offense up more and more.

Meanwhile, Zach can’t complete those dink and dunk passes we make fun of Mac for throwing. He is out there doing what he did at BYU. Running around, throwing up prayers downfield playing hero ball. Except now the defenders are bigger and faster, and there aren’t any heroes coming down with those balls.

7 weeks in, Wilson looks lost, and now he’s hurt. This is going great. ?

The Patriots only beat the Jets and the Texans Otherwise they’re 0-4. They’ve scored 16, 13, 17, and 29 in those losses. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. 

1 hour ago, MyFavoriteMartin28 said:

The Patriots only beat the Jets and the Texans Otherwise they’re 0-4. They’ve scored 16, 13, 17, and 29 in those losses. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. 

I think the only people getting ahead of themselves are those who are saying Zach would look better than Jones if they traded teams.… Then on the other hand they’re dismissing the Pats as a bottom feeder team who can only beat others like the Jets and Texans. 

They can’t have it both ways.

5 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

I think the only people getting ahead of themselves are those who are saying Zach would look better than Jones if they traded teams.… Then on the other hand they’re dismissing the Pats as a bottom feeder team who can only beat others like the Jets and Texans. 

Why can’t they? You don’t think Zach would benefit from going from a rookie coaching staff to a skilled veteran coaching staff? The big thing that people talk about here is Zach not having an experienced coaching staff/Qb on the squad. Mac has both those things. You put Zach on the Patriots I think he’d be performing better. You even said yourself “Belichick and McDaniels are putting on a clinic on how to develop a qb”. Zach Wilson is way more talented than Mac Jones and there’s no debating that. 

Now do I think Saleh and LaFleur are going to get better as a coaching staff and do I want to see them grow, 100%. I don’t believe they deserve to be fired this was expected and if you didn’t expect it you’re not thinking in reality. 

6 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

We just spent 3 years hearing how Darnold would be a player on a better team. Those of use who pointed out that it's possible for both the supporting class and QB to stink, were called "haterz" or whatever.

7 hours ago, jgb said:

We just spent 3 years hearing how Darnold would be a player on a better team. Those of use who pointed out that it's possible for both the supporting class and QB to stink, were called "haterz" or whatever.

Trust me, I know. I’ve got a new screen name to prove it… ?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, MyFavoriteMartin28 said:

Why can’t they? You don’t think Zach would benefit from going from a rookie coaching staff to a skilled veteran coaching staff? The big thing that people talk about here is Zach not having an experienced coaching staff/Qb on the squad. Mac has both those things. You put Zach on the Patriots I think he’d be performing better. You even said yourself “Belichick and McDaniels are putting on a clinic on how to develop a qb”. Zach Wilson is way more talented than Mac Jones and there’s no debating that. 

Now do I think Saleh and LaFleur are going to get better as a coaching staff and do I want to see them grow, 100%. I don’t believe they deserve to be fired this was expected and if you didn’t expect it you’re not thinking in reality. 

Good post, and I agree with a lot of it, because you seem to be one who took a reasonable approach to this. Most here didn’t.

They we’re convinced this CS, and the West Coast offense was tailor made for Wilson, and he would come out of the gate firing. Go back and read the TC threads, where Zach and Elijah Moore were being hailed as the second coming of Rodgers and Rice. People were eating it  up when Saleh dismissed the ints and bad throws as “Zach seeing how much he can get away with”.

The surest way to get down voted was to question any of this back then. Beat writers were scorned for pointing out a bad throw, for goodness sakes.

Then the season started, and it turned out Zach wasn’t nearly ready. Everything has morphed into it being the CS’s fault, or the OL, or that old favorite… the weaponzzz, ?

Its everyone but the QB, everyone needs time now. It’s Darnold 2.0 happening all over again, some just refuse to see or admit it.

5 minutes ago, jgb said:

It’s ok @nico002 be proud!

????

My battles with Nico (and Helen of Troy) had a lot to do with it. ?

I respected Nico though, as crazy as he was at times. The guy defended Darnold through thick and thin. He always said if Sam didn’t become elite, he would be done with the Jets. When he finally realized he was wrong about Sam, he admitted it, said goodbye and went quietly into the night.

I give him big props for that.

10 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

????

My battles with Nico (and Helen of Troy) had a lot to do with it. ?

I respected Nico though, as crazy as he was at times. The guy defended Darnold through thick and thin. He always said if Sam didn’t become elite, he would be done with the Jets. When he finally realized he was wrong about Sam, he admitted it, said goodbye and went quietly into the night.

I give him big props for that.

Darnold defenders never admit they were wrong. They just accuse people of beating a dead horse then go into hibernation and wait for a big game.