Which Off Free Agent would you take?

Which Off Free Agent would you take?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. If available, which player would you want the Jets to make an offer he can refuse?

• Brandon Scherff
    • Germain Ifedi
    • JuJu Smith Schuster
    • Chris Godwin
    • David Njoku
    • Mike Gesicki

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Which has absolutely nothing to do with what Lawson would or wouldnt have done here.  

Not a thing

Who said it did? The Jets would have been better off signing Hendrickson over Lawson. It's interesting to point out that Cinci let Lawson walk for the other pass rusher available. They made the right decision. Availability is the best ability.

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Who said it did? The Jets would have been better off signing Hendrickson over Lawson. It's interesting to point out that Cinci let Lawson walk for the other pass rusher available. They made the right decision. Availability is the best ability.

You did when in a comment about Lawson you said "The guy who the Bengals let Lawson walk for has 9.5 sacks."  Has absolutely nothing to do with Lawson.  And you double down with cinci let Lawson walk.  Thats a simplistic reply, they let him walk because he would have cost them money.  

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Godwin or Gisicki would help Zach tremendously.  I dont trust Sherff who's played 8, 11 & 13 games over the last 3 seasons.

He'd be like Lawson, we sign him, everyone applauds the signing, he gets hurt and then the  Kevins of the board come out and blame JD for signing him.  He should have know that Lawson would blow an Achilles tendon 

All of this. 

I voted Gesicki because of how badly we need a TE, but I would not be upset with Godwin at all 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Matt39 said:

This is just your speculation though. You don't know what Lawson's season would have been had he not suffered a fluky injury.

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah, whoever offers them the most money.  

How FA works, not the no one will sign here nonsense that some bring up every offseason.  

I think you missed my point. I’m not a SOJF, I’m not in the camp that players don’t want to come here because we’re the Jets. Duvetnay-Tardiff just dispelled that by waiving his no trade clause. 

My point was that even though we have gobs of FA $$, we’re 1 of 32 teams, many who have free agency $$ and guys are going to make decisions based on $$ but also family considerations lifestyle ability to win not wanting to leave a team they are comfortable with. We’re not getting the lions share of FAs, the exact guys we all assume we’re getting. The folks who assumed we were getting both Thuney and Linsley last year were a little too Jet-centric. 

4 hours ago, Uncle Nicco said:

Carl Lawson was the #1 edge and Davis was the #1 WR on the FA market 

Loved those signings. I really wanted at least one of the two IOLmen and I don’t think we got a sniff. 

• Upvote 1