Jump to content

Which Off Free Agent would you take?


Which Off Free Agent would you take?  

62 members have voted

  1. 1. If available, which player would you want the Jets to make an offer he can refuse?

    • Brandon Scherff
      24
    • Germain Ifedi
      0
    • JuJu Smith Schuster
      0
    • Chris Godwin
      18
    • David Njoku
      2
    • Mike Gesicki
      18


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

Why is everyone so dead set on getting a center? McGovern has been a top 10 center these past 6 or so weeks and was also a top 10 center in 2019 in Denver who ran a similar system with scangarello who also came from SF.  

I think he’d be even better at G.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

Based on? He’s already a top 10 center and you want to switch him to guard. Plus he’s only 28 should have a good 5 years left in him. 

Based on him being a really good RG in Denver, too?

But fine, I won’t fight you on this.  Add a G instead if you’d like.  We end up with Godwin I’m ecstatic either way. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

Why is everyone so dead set on getting a center? McGovern has been a top 10 center these past 6 or so weeks and was also a top 10 center in 2019 in Denver who ran a similar system with scangarello who also came from SF.  

nostalgia. 

we had Mawae and Mangold last few times we were great so people think we need that anchor in the middle. and he has to be the best of the best. just good wont cut it. and some people cant forget that MGV wasnt good when he first got here.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

Based on? He’s already a top 10 center and you want to switch him to guard. Plus he’s only 28 should have a good 5 years left in him. 

He was a mediocre guard, as soon as he switched to center his play vastly improved. 

B87E7F55-AB21-4C53-BBE1-D785FD61F65A.png

3EAAF3D9-CD24-403B-9178-358C969311B2.png

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Based on him being a really good RG in Denver, too?

But fine, I won’t fight you on this.  Add a G instead if you’d like.  We end up with Godwin I’m ecstatic either way. 

Look at the post above. I quoted myself by accident. I’d like Godwin too, but doubt TB let’s him go. Dude is fantastic 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, doitny said:

nostalgia. 

we had Mawae and Mangold last few times we were great so people think we need that anchor in the middle. and he has to be the best of the best. just good wont cut it. and some people cant forget that MGV wasnt good when he first got here.

Yea I loved our centers too, but you don’t need a HOF center to be successful. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

Look at the post above. I quoted myself by accident. 

If it matters, football-reference.com gave him the same AV grade (6) as he got at C.  

But whatever.  Add a G instead.  I don’t care that much about it.  Just go get Godwin. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

We’re not getting any top free agents.

Last year everyone here assumed, no, took for granted we were signing Thuney AND Linsley.

You know, because we had a billion dollars in FA money. 

So once we locked up Thuney and Linsley it was just a matter of which top end FA WR and edge rushers we were going to sign. 

You know, we’re the Jets. With a billion FA dollars. Everyone was dying to get here. 

Guess what, we’re not getting any top FAs next year regardless of our cap situation. 

There are 32 teams in this league, a third of them with a ton of FA cash. 

We’d be lucky to get 2 second tier FAs.

Free agent football players are not Jet fans.  They are “ME” fans. Whatever works for them is where they will sign. 

 

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

We’re not getting any top free agents.

Last year everyone here assumed, no, took for granted we were signing Thuney AND Linsley.

You know, because we had a billion dollars in FA money. 

So once we locked up Thuney and Linsley it was just a matter of which top end FA WR and edge rushers we were going to sign. 

You know, we’re the Jets. With a billion FA dollars. Everyone was dying to get here. 

Guess what, we’re not getting any top FAs next year regardless of our cap situation. 

There are 32 teams in this league, a third of them with a ton of FA cash. 

We’d be lucky to get 2 second tier FAs.

Free agent football players are not Jet fans.  They are “ME” fans. Whatever works for them is where they will sign. 

 

Idk man, last year was a brand new coaching staff and they needed to evaluate the roster.  Lawson was fairly highly regarded. I’m hoping and praying that bates/Marcus Williams are given a solid look. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BurntDice said:

Idk man, last year was a brand new coaching staff and they needed to evaluate the roster.  Lawson was fairly highly regarded. I’m hoping and praying that bates/Marcus Williams are given a solid look. 

If Zach Wilson can finish the season strong, it will go a long way towards making us a more attractive FA destination.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If Zach Wilson can finish the season strong, it will go a long way towards making us a more attractive FA destination.  

100% agree with you. Guys may actually WANT to play here, which hasn’t happened in a long time. Players seem to like saleh a whole lot too. Like carter and Moore were saying if you play well here then your name will be all over the place. Nowhere better to get exposure. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd generally say offensive line, but Gesicki is phenomenal. He's made that offense work with no offensive line and has been an impressive safety blanket for Tua and he can stretch the field. His blocking could improve, but it's good enough that he's not a complete liability. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Leery of the big-time contracts but if I had to take one it'd be Scherff with Godwin/Gesicki a close second.

AVT, Linerbaum, Scherff would be an insane interior.

Eh scherff is always hurt. The injury bug usually doesn’t improve after 30. Connor Williams (cowboys guard) should be available. He’s only 24 and has been playing well. His biggest red flag is that he gets a ton of yellow flags. Can that be fixed? I’m not sure, but he’s young so probably 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

I'd generally say offensive line, but Gesicki is phenomenal. He's made that offense work with no offensive line and has been an impressive safety blanket for Tua and he can stretch the field. His blocking could improve, but it's good enough that he's not a complete liability. 

TE might be the Jets biggest need on offense, and signing Gesicki provides the extra bonus of stealing from a hated division rival. I’d love it. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

We’re not getting any top free agents.

Last year everyone here assumed, no, took for granted we were signing Thuney AND Linsley.

You know, because we had a billion dollars in FA money. 

So once we locked up Thuney and Linsley it was just a matter of which top end FA WR and edge rushers we were going to sign. 

You know, we’re the Jets. With a billion FA dollars. Everyone was dying to get here. 

Guess what, we’re not getting any top FAs next year regardless of our cap situation. 

There are 32 teams in this league, a third of them with a ton of FA cash. 

We’d be lucky to get 2 second tier FAs.

Free agent football players are not Jet fans.  They are “ME” fans. Whatever works for them is where they will sign. 

 

Yeah, whoever offers them the most money.  

How FA works, not the no one will sign here nonsense that some bring up every offseason.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

We’re not getting any top free agents.

Last year everyone here assumed, no, took for granted we were signing Thuney AND Linsley.

You know, because we had a billion dollars in FA money. 

So once we locked up Thuney and Linsley it was just a matter of which top end FA WR and edge rushers we were going to sign. 

You know, we’re the Jets. With a billion FA dollars. Everyone was dying to get here. 

Guess what, we’re not getting any top FAs next year regardless of our cap situation. 

There are 32 teams in this league, a third of them with a ton of FA cash. 

We’d be lucky to get 2 second tier FAs.

Free agent football players are not Jet fans.  They are “ME” fans. Whatever works for them is where they will sign. 

 

Carl Lawson was the #1 edge and Davis was the #1 WR on the FA market 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Uncle Nicco said:

Yea Carl Lawson was a bottom of the barrel FA. You’re right.

He wasnt the top pass rusher that's all. Hendrickson was. And he's proving it. The Jets would be in a better spot if they signed him instead.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...