Things I liked today

Maxman

I liked that Wilson seemed to be taking the play action/fake/RPO stuff seriously.  Less of him faking to the opposite side of the back, etc.  I don't think it had much to do with that stuff working, but it was still welcome.  Maybe because the run game was working he was encouraged, or maybe he learned something from his time off.

The Texans really are a bad team.  It's going to be tough overcoming not scoring after the big play by Berrios, or only coming up with 3 after the JFM INT.  Not many teams are going to go for -5 and -19 when they are in FG range in a close game, but the Texans pulled it off.  Mann shanking that punt could/should have been a backbreaker.  The Texans managed to lose a yard and miss the FG.  On one hand, it is good that they kept battling, on the other I don't expect to get give backs like that every week.

Again I hear people praising Hall.  He is okay, but he was getting beaten all over in the 1st half.  Burkhead beat him pretty badly in what looked like 1-on-1.  People acting like he is a shutdown CB are way off base IMO.  He seems to fit the scheme and is a nice player.

I like the interchangeable nature of the team.  Changing QBs hasn't stopped them.  The run game looked good even with a tiny practice squad back in there.  Missing some top targets did not seem to matter.  Elijah Riley played more than 3/4 of the snaps and they were fine.  I think he's been with the team 3 weeks   That isn't going to work every week, but as they build the roster, there will be more depth guys that know the system and can step in. 

I get that people are worried about LB, but they simply don't play them much.  They are in nickel or dime almost all the time.  I think that is why they want these dimebackers or whatever you call them.  From the chart I saw, Mosley played all 57 snaps.  Quincy played 40 and Jarrad Davis played 12.  That's it.  There couldn't have been too many plays with 3 LB on the field.  

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, JiFapono said:

They're better than the Jags too.  The Jags are atrocious and while Zach Wilson is looking like a mega bust, everything I said about Trevor Lawrence being the most overrated prospect, ever, is playing out.  Literally every flaw I pointed out in his game and was laughed at by this entire board for challenging his greatness, is 100% on full display.  He's better than Zach but he's sucks something awful too. 

Sorry but there were a number of us who didn’t see it with Lawrence so at the risk of upsetting your self-congratulatory party it might be nice of you to acknowledge that, absolute under appreciated genius though you clearly are, you are not alone 

thanks 

• Upvote 2

Since there are so many threads hitting us over the head with negativity, here are some things I liked today:
-Elijah Moore continues to show he is the real deal
-The offensive line. AVT is amazing, Van Rotten out of the lineup and they are improving. Can't wait for Becton to get back and move Fant to RT.
-The defense battled. Sure it was the Texans but they played tough, played physical. JFM OH MY, that was a game and a half. 
-LaFleur in the booth is very impressive. He makes adjustments and finds a much better flow with his play calling
What did you like today about the Jets game?
Do you think Fant is better than Moses? I have really been impressed by Fant but think moses has been good as well...definitely a good problem to have

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, frankiepapa said:

Do you think Fant is better than Moses? I have really been impressed by Fant but think moses has been good as well...definitely a good problem to have

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I think Fant is better, I have been real impressed with him this year. And I liked the signing a lot originally as well.

Moses seems like he is breaking down physically a bit to me. He seems hobbled a lot which has me convinced he is playing hurt.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Maxman said:

Since there are so many threads hitting us over the head with negativity, here are some things I liked today:

-The offensive line. AVT is amazing, Van Rotten out of the lineup and they are improving. Can't wait for Becton to get back and move Fant to RT.

-The defense battled. Sure it was the Texans but they played tough, played physical. JFM OH MY, that was a game and a half. 

-LaFleur in the booth is very impressive. He makes adjustments and finds a much better flow with his play calling

Enough of your positivity...... :)

LaFleur's nuts finally dropped once he went to the booth. Our offense has the tools, just need Becton back, Fant moved over and most importantly, Wilson to take that next step in game management. Moore is without question the real deal. Our WRs really have the potential to be a nightmare for defenses....... Wilson has gotta get in sync and stop feeling like every pass needs to be a game-winning toss. 

Loved what I saw of the defense. Loved seeing a win....and sick of hearing about how we should be tanking. Christ, enough with the tank talk already. Let's move forward for once. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Barton said:

Good stuff Max.

Thought here...has Fant given up a sack yet? Not sure but he looks really natural as a LT.

Moses has been ok overall but he gets beat right off the snap by playing too high. I'd consider playing Becton at RT and leaving Fant at LT until he falters (if he ever does). 

I wasn't sure if Fant gave up a sack yesterday or not. On one of the jail breaks I wasn't sure who the culprit was.

If they moved Becton to RT I would be the happiest person alive. What a way to send a message to the kid. Sign me up for that. I would bet he would show up next year in better shape.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, slats said:

Maybe, maybe not. Maybe you could focus a little less on baiting and trolling. That might help. 

If giving my good faith impression of the odds of likelihood of Jets players being a success is "trolling" then I'm happy to be under the bridge. People can find an alternate route across, if they wish using the ignore feature.

13 hours ago, Maxman said:

Moore, the 49'er RB's burst/speed, JFM earning his paycheck and the D not pooping themselves for a change.

There are some decent pieces on this roster, it's not as "talentless" as many posters here say.

Most of all, a win.  Wins are good.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Never thought I'd say these words.  But apart from Mac Jones, all the first year QBs look like warm garbage.

100% which is why I hated this QB class so much, even with advocating for Lance or Fields, my plan would have been to have him sit them entire year.  Wilson too, none of these dudes see the field if I had a say in it.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Hal N of Provo said:

They shed blocks so fast on some of those plays there wasn’t time to throw it away.  

Do you know how to get all 22 tape for games?

I think Zach is playing like a rookie and the Jets offense sucks and lots of players need to get better or get upgraded.  

You think it’s mostly Zach’s fault and everyone else is doing well?

Can we work well enough together to make discussion interesting?   Some haters and some fan boys can’t.

Yes, I do think it's mostly Wilson's fault. I also agree he is young and his future is not written -- which I have acknowledged at least 10 times on this very website -- but when I start talking about likelihoods some people just get red in the face and scream "HATER!"

13 hours ago, Maxman said:

Even the first 6 games on the sideline, I didn't feel that he was a big problem with the team. Could be that he was just getting used to the position being a first time OC and all.

Agreed though, since he's gone to the booth he's been a big bright spot on this team. This is not the thread to discuss the offense's struggles, but suffice to say that LaFluer's playcalling is near the bottom. I'll just say that it's been nice to watch a progressive offensive scheme for what feels like the first time in my life. Here's to hoping that the players can do better in executing!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, redlichtie said:

Sorry but there were a number of us who didn’t see it with Lawrence so at the risk of upsetting your self-congratulatory party it might be nice of you to acknowledge that, absolute under appreciated genius though you clearly are, you are not alone 

thanks 

There werent many of us but if you were one of the few posters who agreed with me then you probably shouldnt have taken offense to a simple comment.  I was obviously exaggerating when I said "the entire board" - would "majority" have made you feel better?

I am sorry for offending you.

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Yeah we are working on it because it is out of hand right now.

Yeah, don't mean to beat a dead horse but those couple of guys turning every thread into a "Wilson sucks and is the worst QB in the NFL" thread is just getting tiresome.  

We get it.  He hasn't been great or even good.

But the constant hammering home of the "Worst QB" in nearly every thread--some that have nothing to do with the QB--is making the board tough to read.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, jgb said:

If giving my good faith impression of the odds of likelihood of Jets players being a success is "trolling" then I'm happy to be under the bridge. People can find an alternate route across, if they wish using the ignore feature.

Sometimes the issue is bigger than ignore. On days like yesterday the site was painful. We are just making it clear that people are allowed to root for the Jets on a Jets site. Crazy concept.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

Sometimes the issue is bigger than ignore. On days like yesterday the site was painful. We are just making it clear that people are allowed to root for the Jets on a Jets site. Crazy concept.

I do root for the Jets. I root for my kids, too, and love them dearly. But if they disappoint me, they do hear about it.

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

I think Fant is better, I have been real impressed with him this year. And I liked the signing a lot originally as well.

Moses seems like he is breaking down physically a bit to me. He seems hobbled a lot which has me convinced he is playing hurt.

I made fun of Fant a lot after Becton went down, but he's definitely proven me wrong. This Oline is coming along very well. Once Zach learns to trust the line more I think the offense will be very successful. 

I just have a question, which is: the running game vs Houston was pretty good, would Becton really improve the rushing game much if he was in?

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

Nobody is saying that they won the Super Bowl yesterday.

Nor did I imply that anyone did.  I just pointed out how playing the Texans, helps. 

Personally, I dont care about wins or losses at all.  So, I couldn't careless about the win.  I would have preferred seeing Zach Wilson ball out of control and lose, rather than win with him continuing to play like the worst QB in the NFL.  So being that's all that really mattered to me, it's hard to find silver linings because the opponent was pure trash.  

Gun to head?  The only really encouraging thing I saw yesterday, was LDT being better than Van Rotten.  Fun seeing Walter's burst.  Otherwise, it was the most deflating win potentially of my life time as a Jets fan because Wilson is looking to be pure garbage.

2 hours ago, jgb said:

This reply reminds me of the guy who pulled Zach’s helmet off yesterday and then raised his hands to the ref as if to say, “wasn’t me!” 

• Haha 2