Should I egg and toilet paper my neighbor's house?

5 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

Social graces are just gone these days.

I have a theory. I don't think people are affirmatively rude. I think they just don't use a moment of their time to think about how their actions will impact others. They're the star of the show and they just assume that everyone will make way. It's like the ones who tie their shoe at the bottom of the escalator. They're not thinking "I'm gonna screw the people behind me over." They don't even consider them at all.

So when you have an issue with what a neighbor is doing, go talk to them. They probably just are completely oblivious. Most people will still default to keeping the peace if called out.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, JiFapono said:

hahahaha - another funny story, and I could totally see Nolder being this guy.

I have an unused baseball field turning into a useless pasture that is like 300 yards from my house.  When covid started and I was home all day, I would bring my dogs to the park every morning to throw the ball, run them to death and it was perfect because when they got home, they were knocked the F out for a good 4-5 hours after.  It was early, nobody out, we didnt bother anyone and they are command trained, so we cause no issues, ever.  Well, after about a year of this, one day I'm stopped by the cops.  Some Nolder like character started calling the cops on me and the dogs....and anytime I take them off leash now, the cops come.  It's ******* bullsh*t.  Pisses me off so bad.  And the real ****ed up part, he only calls the cops on me.  Plenty of people use the park for the same reason.

@Nolder - did you move to Florida?

That’s the one you need to confront 

28 minutes ago, jgb said:

I have a theory. I don't think people are affirmatively rude. I think they just don't use a moment of their time to think about how their actions will impact others. They're the star of the show and they just assume that everyone will make way. It's like the ones who tie their shoe at the bottom of the escalator. They're not thinking "I'm gonna screw the people behind me over." They don't even consider them at all.

So when you have an issue with what a neighbor is doing, go talk to them. They probably just are completely oblivious. Most people will still default to keeping the peace if called out.

That is the definition of rude…..       talking to them normally results in them thinking YOU are the a hole.   

11 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

That is the definition of rude…..       talking to them normally results in them thinking YOU are the a hole.   

I said "affirmatively rude."

What I describe is rude-by-omission.

Subtle, but important to understand the difference to seek a solution.

When being passive aggressive, you are sending a message. But are they receiving it? Highly unlikely since obliviousness is what led them to do what they're doing in the first place to piss you off. In fact, for all you know, their behavior is a passive-aggressive response to something you are doing that they don't like. Are you looking for a connection to your own actions? Of course, not. No one does. It's why -- perhaps counterintuitively -- passive aggression is an escalating behavior, not a de-escalating one.

Right now @JiFapono's neighbors are talking about the ahole down the street with the out-of-control Dobermanns and whether they have a responsibility do something to "keep the neighborhood kids safe." They're not thinking "Ah, we cracked the code! They are good dogs but he's allowed them to go wild to tell us that we should walk to other way in the morning!" 

Man up, knock on the door, work it out before it's too far gone. Come with scotch (or whatever) and a smile and you'll disarm them before you even present your ask. If you wait until you can't take it anymore and go banging on their door in a rage, I think we all know how that will end.

22 hours ago, jgb said:

I think I agree  but I kinda think it’s little more along the lines of most people think they got it the hardest. Like they are living their life and not realizing that everyone else  is dealing with shit in one way or another. I have people come in the office and tell me about things they are struggling with as if it’s unique to their existence. They can’t look above their own pity hedge to see everyone else stare beck across theirs. So they just try to get through their shit anyway they can forgetting the rest of us are trying to get through our shit too. Personally I go out of my way to be polite and courteous because 1. My mother Catholic guilted me ti death as a child 2. It actually works and makes me feel better to see other people feeling better. But I’m kinda next level. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

I think I agree  but I kinda think it’s little more along the lines of most people think they got it the hardest. Like they are living their life and not realizing that everyone else  is dealing with sh*t in one way or another. I have people come in the office and tell me about things they are struggling with as if it’s unique to their existence. They can’t look above their own pity hedge to see everyone else stare beck across theirs. So they just try to get through their sh*t anyway they can forgetting the rest of us are trying to get through our sh*t too. Personally I go out of my way to be polite and courteous because 1. My mother Catholic guilted me ti death as a child 2. It actually works and makes me feel better to see other people feeling better. But I’m kinda next level. 

Fully agree!  After all, how could these people have it the hardest when only one person can accurately make that claim, and that person is me.

• Haha 2

On 12/9/2021 at 1:37 PM, JiFapono said:

Here's the thing, it's not used.  Ever!  There is a back stop, no clay, no bases, no baseline, it's literally just a field of grass/weeds that goes completely unused, every single day.  Pisses me off so bad.  And the cops dont care.  Every time they're called, they are like, "dude, we dont want to be doing this" ...lol.  One of them said they cant stay this guy and he was going to come throw the ball with them one day to piss him off. Anywho, 1st world problems. 

purchase it from the city and make it a dog paradise for your two.

• Upvote 1

On 12/8/2021 at 6:51 AM, JiFapono said:

Because I dont know what else to do.  I guess I could have just like a simple conversation but I dont think it would register because they're clearly morons.

You're probably asking, what's the issue JiFapono?  Well, let me explain.

I own 2 Dobermans.  Jackson and Minzi.   Consistent with the breed, they're very protective.  Especially Minzi, the female, any dogs she sees or hears, sets her off.  Jackson, not so much.  Just a few dogs in the neighborhood, not sure why but they trigger him big time.  Otherwise, he couldnt care less.   Well, a couple of the dogs that do are a 2 little sh*t yapper dogs that belong to neighbors 2 doors down.   He hates them, he wants to eat them and quite frankly, the couple is weird and I dont really enjoy interacting with them either.  Maybe he feels that, I dont know.  

So here is the issue, these ****ers, walks their dogs in the pitch dark, with flashlights between 5:00-5:30am every morning.  These dogs, bark at the wind.  So, every morning walking down the street is this couple, flashlights in hand, with 2 dogs that bark their faces off the entire walk....and guess what it does in my house?  Holy sh*t!  You would think my house is getting broken into.  My dogs go ******* crazy and there is no possible way these assholes, dont hear that they set my house off every ******* morning while we're asleep.  I'm an early riser but 5:00am?  **** you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's the thing, they can walk the other direction.  I'm not on a dead-end street.   In fact, if they walk opposite of my house, there is a nice little park at the end of the road that they can walk their dogs around.  Now, I live at the beach and if they want to get to the beach, they will have to walk past my house but they don't!!!!!!!!!!!  They're not going to the beach, they walk them down the street, cover every angle of my house and then they double back, directly pass my house again!!!!!!!!!

My only solution is to toilet paper and egg their house every week for the rest of their lives.  Reasonable response?  Please advise.

Short answer, yes.

Longer answer, definitely yes.

• Haha 1

On 12/9/2021 at 8:00 PM, Fantasy Island said:

That’s the one you need to confront 

Update to that story; there is a man who drives his dog to this park now every day at various times, sometimes in the morning while I'm walking my dogs and throws the ball with him, off leash, for a while and the police have yet to called and this has been happening for about a month.  So, I'm going back to letting them off leash and if the police come, it's official, this person has a problem with me and I will proceed to go door to door to anyone who can see this park from their house and threaten their lives.  Seems appropriate. 

• Upvote 1

On 12/10/2021 at 5:46 AM, jgb said:

I said "affirmatively rude."

What I describe is rude-by-omission.

Subtle, but important to understand the difference to seek a solution.

When being passive aggressive, you are sending a message. But are they receiving it? Highly unlikely since obliviousness is what led them to do what they're doing in the first place to piss you off. In fact, for all you know, their behavior is a passive-aggressive response to something you are doing that they don't like. Are you looking for a connection to your own actions? Of course, not. No one does. It's why -- perhaps counterintuitively -- passive aggression is an escalating behavior, not a de-escalating one.

Right now @JiFapono's neighbors are talking about the ahole down the street with the out-of-control Dobermanns and whether they have a responsibility do something to "keep the neighborhood kids safe." They're not thinking "Ah, we cracked the code! They are good dogs but he's allowed them to go wild to tell us that we should walk to other way in the morning!" 

Man up, knock on the door, work it out before it's too far gone. Come with scotch (or whatever) and a smile and you'll disarm them before you even present your ask. If you wait until you can't take it anymore and go banging on their door in a rage, I think we all know how that will end.

So, what I've done is, I'm waking up slightly before they start their walk and I let the dogs out back and just them go F'ing crazy at 5:30am.   Usually, I'll grab them and bring them in when they're barking that early but instead, I'm encouraging it and calling them good dogs loud enough for them to hear it.  I felt this was the only way for them to realize how obnoxious they are, a talk wouldnt work.  Did this for a few days last week and they have not walked by the house since.  So maybe it worked, hopefully.