Adams out for season.

18 hours ago, Larz said:

Sorry, I just have to get this off my chest 

this guy can eat a bag of d’s. 

oh mr. 1st team all pro, 27 on NFL TOO 100 wants to win or get paid ?

what a joke. 

This franchise has a fan base with a history of being patient with 1st round picks and very supportive of players getting big contracts. The media is made up of fair minded journalist’s.  The weather is great. Low taxes. Jets own this market.  Highly respected owner that built a business from nothing. What’s not to like? 

This dummy shot his way out of town as the jets were on the cusp of greatness  

the hilarious part is the hawks didn’t extend him, and now look at him  great timing Jamal lol  

Maye kept his mouth shut and played nice and he’s got a huge guaranteed contract  to protect him from his injury 

that’s how you act if you want the fat stacks. the jets defense is so good they don’t miss him at all  

I bet he kicks himself for tweeting that crap every day  he could be here with magic Mike  

sucker

Marcus Maye should have taken the offer he earned from the Jets. He likely should have not gotten his DWI as well. 

Jamal did a great job of getting well beyond maximum value for himself. From a pure life achievement point of view it’s honestly impressive what he accomplished. As a fan of this abysmal organization the fact we are the ones who didn’t pay him to do it is one of the rare things we’ve done right. I do hope we eventually do draft players worth a second contract one day. 

Jamal  shot his way out of town and into the Seattle franchise that had been winning consistently for almost a decade. Let’s see who the dummy is over the next 5 years. Will the draft Capital and savings on that huge contract benefit the Jets and possibly help them become a better team? Or will Jamal’s contributions to Seattles defense put them over the top and allow them to win another Super Bowl? I guess we have 3 more years to see. 

But we can all agree Jamal Adams is 100% not the dummy here. 

• Post of the Week 2

8 hours ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

I remember him talking about how after certain Jets losses he would just "sit" in his dark room and think.  I think his dad? said he took the losing pretty hard.  Not sure he goes through real depression or not but LOL serves him right.  He got what he wanted $$.

I don't think his sadness comes from losing.  It comes from no one acknowledging his perceived greatness.

He should be used to losing by now.  Dude hasn't won a thing in his life.  LSU was far better before his arrival and far better after him.  And I think @T0mShane found somewhere that he didn't win anything of significance in HS either, lol.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I love the part where Adams asked Carroll why he couldn’t blitz more and Carroll was like “it’s because you’re not really good at it and you get stonewalled by running backs.” 

"Plus you get hurt all the time when you blitz heavily, which was highly predictable to anyone other than @Pac"

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

For getting the contract he got, absolutely no dummy.  But in my experience, people with NPD aren't always very good with being careful with their spending (perhaps @ZachEY has data on this).  I'm still holding out hope we end up hearing stories about him being bankrupt by his late 30s/early 40s.  I want the schadenfreude to last long after his playing days are done.

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

For getting the contract he got, absolutely no dummy.  But in my experience, people with NPD aren't always very good with being careful with their spending (perhaps @ZachEY has data on this).  I'm still holding out hope we end up hearing stories about him being bankrupt by his late 30s/early 40s.  I want the schadenfreude to last long after his playing days are done.

It’s too much money.  Won’t happen.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Guys who go bankrupt have massive entourages. In every social media video post Jamal pukes up, it looks like he doesn’t have any friends. No way he can go broke by himself.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

star s reactions GIF

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Same guy who, after getting yakked by the Rams to get his team knocked out of the playoffs, posted pictures of his finger surgery as an excuse for why he couldn’t deflect passes or tackle people

Well he only has one hand 

6 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Marcus Maye should have taken the offer he earned from the Jets. He likely should have not gotten his DWI as well. 

Jamal did a great job of getting well beyond maximum value for himself. From a pure life achievement point of view it’s honestly impressive what he accomplished. As a fan of this abysmal organization the fact we are the ones who didn’t pay him to do it is one of the rare things we’ve done right. I do hope we eventually do draft players worth a second contract one day. 

Jamal  shot his way out of town and into the Seattle franchise that had been winning consistently for almost a decade. Let’s see who the dummy is over the next 5 years. Will the draft Capital and savings on that huge contract benefit the Jets and possibly help them become a better team? Or will Jamal’s contributions to Seattles defense put them over the top and allow them to win another Super Bowl? I guess we have 3 more years to see. 

Eh. His career is effectively over. Seattle is going to be a full-on rebuild for the next three years and Jamal is already in steep physical decline. Seattle might as well be Siberia as far as TV markets are concerned, and he’s going to play the rest of his games in deep anonymity. Kudos to him for getting paid, but the next time anyone sees or hears from Jamal Adams will be when the Seahawks waive him in two years. 

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, Larz said:

I gotta admit, it’s nice playing meaningful games in December. 

the impact of the Adams trade is tangible and real. 

I mean, it's tangible in that we'd be down to maybe 5 players who are above replacement level instead of the 6 that resulted from that trade.

• Sympathy 2

9 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Jamal and Revis, 2040

See the source image

• Thumb Down 1

3 hours ago, ZachEY said:

I mean, it's tangible in that we'd be down to maybe 5 players who are above replacement level instead of the 6 that resulted from that trade.

Bodies ?   Meh

the jets won 5,4,7 games with him and 

2, 4?  Without. 

Finished 4th,4th, 3rd with him

4th, 4th without 

the defense is historically atrocious. 

The smear campaign against him was so absurd, he was given a W/L record 

show me the wins. 

He’s not the same player now he was with Bowles and Williams.  He’s making business decisions now.  Really surprised how Carrol uses him. It’s not to his strengths. 

it’s just a shame all the lies that were spewed here daily became truth for some people. 

It really came down to gas lighting, lied told often enough becoming the truth and tweets  

I find it pretty laughable how people are still triggered by him

20 minutes ago, Larz said:

Bodies ?   Meh

the jets won 5,4,7 games with him and 

2, 4?  Without. 

Finished 4th,4th, 3rd with him

4th, 4th without 

the defense is historically atrocious. 

The smear campaign against him was so absurd, he was given a W/L record 

show me the wins. 

He’s not the same player now he was with Bowles and Williams.  He’s making business decisions now.  Really surprised how Carrol uses him. It’s not to his strengths. 

it’s just a shame all the lies that were spewed here daily became truth for some people. 

It really came down to gas lighting, lied told often enough becoming the truth and tweets  

I find it pretty laughable how people are still triggered by him

Jamal has been a regular John Q. Winz for Seattle, however.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Larz said:

All kidding aside

the back end of this defense is awesome. Who needs a guy that leads the league in 3rd down stops and can pressure the QB 

Who is this player you speak of?  Certainly it can’t be Jamal Adams, as the last I checked he finished this season with 0 sacks, 2 QB Hits and 1 QB Knockdown on 44 blitz attempts.

He can’t rush the passer anymore.  He gets hurt every 10 blitz attempts or so and that rate is only going to increase over the remainder of his career.  Meaning he’s now exactly what several of us said he is:  A WLB who sucks in coverage and occasionally makes a few nice tackles on RBs.  

Jamal Adams sucks.

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Who is this player you speak of?  Certainly it can’t be Jamal Adams, as the last I checked he finished this season with 0 sacks, 2 QB Hits and 1 QB Knockdown on 44 blitz attempts.

He can’t rush the passer anymore.  He gets hurt every 10 blitz attempts or so and that rate is only going to increase over the remainder of his career.  Meaning he’s now exactly what several of us said he is:  A WLB who sucks in coverage and occasionally makes a few nice tackles on RBs.  

Jamal Adams sucks.

It’s the shoulders, too, which is wear and tear stuff. It’s not like he’s getting his knee clipped or spraining ankles. It’s just breaking down, Bob Sanders-style.

• Upvote 1