Official 2022 Free Agency Thread

Just a reminder, most of the stuff you’re going to read from sports writers over the next few weeks comes from guys that had a 1.9 GPA and majored in being dbags.

Most of them have no idea what they’re talking about, don’t do research snd report to people that don’t either.

E63D12FC-5022-4401-B90B-3F8E4BF27385.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

You wouldn't be dumb enough to compare the trading for and 20 million dollar contract of Amari Cooper to the signing of Connor Mcdermott to a cheap 1 year deal for depth on the OL? 

I think he’s referring to the Scherff rumors posted in this thread 

1 hour ago, NYSportsKing said:

I would've done this in a heartbeat. Almost no risk. Could easily get out after 1 year if need be, but more than likely Jets could have locked down a borderline number 1 receiver for the next 3 years.

So why didn't more times want Cooper? Why didn't any team offer a 4th? 

I mean, if he's a borderline 1 and the contract is so good.......

Because we are under the cap? Maybe we are under the Cap because our GM didn't go out last year and give another borderline #1 WR in Kenny Golladay a 4 year 72 million dollar deal. 

Cap space is great. But if you go around and spend it on aging WRs at the back half of their careers, you pretty much never look back and think it was a good deal. 

• Sympathy 1