Official 2022 Free Agency Thread

1 hour ago, Jetlife33 said:

Marcus Williams on a 5 Years $80 Million Contract with $45 Million Guaranteed.  Year 1 $5 Million Base Salary, $5 Million Roster Bonus, and $15 Million Signing Bonus.  $13 Million Dollar Cap Hit Year One

Allen Robinson on 4 years $64 Million with $30 Million guaranteed.  A base salary of $2 Million and signing bonus of $8 Million and a roster bonus of $8 Million.  Will make his cap hit $12 Million in year one.

A second tier Edge guy like Derek Barnett.

And suddenly, maybe trade for a La'el Collins for a 3rd rounder.  

That is a pretty good transformation.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Larz said:

Guys JD had too many holes to fill for coopet 

wait

Yeah, save the money for Scherf to be on IR. With the injury history this team has had, it’s madness to take players with injury histories like that. Zach Wilson had a damn replacement player roster the last game. Yep, Jets  be lifting him up! Clowns. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Bengals found a true franchise QB and the next hot young receiver. Sure signs of them taking a step back. Good eye, good eye. 

Collins to Bengals seems like the best FA move in NFL this season. They need to save Burrows. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Can we see the bengals put together 2 good seasons in a row before we crown them the smartest franchise in the league?

The bengals got hot at the end of the year.  Very similiar to the Giants team years ago.

I have the bengals finishing 3rd in their own division next year behind the steelers and ravens snd not even making the playoffs.

Im not following anything the bengals did.

This is stupid as hell.

Do you know that Gronk wants to play there because of Joe Burrow? They have tons of cap space, a powerhouse offense and you still babbling some nonsense.

Unreal.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jetlife33 said:

I'm not sure why people think the cap can not be screwed with to create room. The Packers are over the cap and just spent $68 million in cap space on two players. People in the front office get paid a lot of money to know how to manipulate the cap. Stop concerning yourself with the cap. The Jets have enough money to bring in any players they want in FA. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, hawk said:

Marcus Williams on a 5 Years $80 Million Contract with $45 Million Guaranteed.  Year 1 $5 Million Base Salary, $5 Million Roster Bonus, and $15 Million Signing Bonus.  $13 Million Dollar Cap Hit Year One

Allen Robinson on 4 years $64 Million with $30 Million guaranteed.  A base salary of $2 Million and signing bonus of $8 Million and a roster bonus of $8 Million.  Will make his cap hit $12 Million in year one.

A second tier Edge guy like Derek Barnett.

And suddenly, maybe trade for a La'el Collins for a 3rd rounder.  

That is a pretty good transformation.

I have no faith in JD securing a player like Marcus Williams..  maybe whitehead but I definitely dont see Marcus coming here he is gonna get paid. 

2 hours ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

Really?

Where/How do we get an edge? Who is there in FA?

Where/How do we help the defense?

Isn't the oline workable without spending a top pick at OT again? Really discouraging if we use #4 on o line.

I like McBride, a lot. Breece Hall is a stud, but the team might wait until later to grab a rb. 

Wilson could become what Cooper has been, the best (or top 2-3) route runner in the league.

Both our offense and defense are putrid. Ya can’t go all offense with the first 4 picks. That’s crazy. JD will grab an edge, a CB, an OL and a WR or TE with those first 4 picks. TE is very deep in this class so maybe you wait until round 3 or 4. But we just have so many positions with jags it’s impossible to improve this team overnight. But we got picks and cash so we should vastly improve this roster this year. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

I have no faith in JD securing a player like Marcus Williams..  maybe whitehead but I definitely dont see Marcus coming here he is gonna get paid. 

Maybe.  I personally believe Williams or the Badger will be a Jet come Monday (or officially the first day of the league year).  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, choon328 said:

Something that stands out to me every time I watch one of the front office people or a member of the coaching staff do an interview is that they always mention how the Bengals were built last off season after Burrows Rookie year.  On offense the only notable FA Signing was a starting RT in Reiff. They really built the defense up last off season in FA with the biggest Signing being Hendrickson. They brought in 2 starting caliber CB's in Hilton and Awuzie and the rest of the additions on defense were just role players.  They only gave out multi year contracts to 4 players out of the 15 they signed.

Then in the draft they spent a premium pick to draft the best WR in the draft in Chase.  Jamarr Chase, solidifying the offensive line, and improving the defense is what sent Burrow on his current path.  They didn't go out and spend big money on weapons to surround Burrow, they stayed with their plan and it worked. Will it work for the Jets? I don't know. But I do think it gives us a glimpse into what they may be thinking heading into FA and the draft. 

I think the focus will be solidifying the offensive line,  specifically RG, build up the depth and quality of the defense in the front 7. Sign a premium playmaking safety as the big "splash" on defense. Saleh always talks about having a premium player on all 3 levels of the defense and they currently don't have one in the secondary.

I think the coaching staff likes the young CB's and linebackers they drafted last year and I don't think they'll make any moves that will hinder their development. 

That's my 2 cents anyway.

But we need to get away from the idea that there's anything in the same zipcode as a Jamar Chase in this Draft.  In fact, there's not even an Elijah Moore in this Draft.  This isn't the year to take a WR in Round 1.  Teams need to "take what the Draft gives you."  This year that is primarily defenders, especially Edge defenders.  It's also fairly deep at OL.

In fact, I'd argue that the linebacker group is even better than the WR group this year, particularly in the first 3 rounds.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jetlife33 said:

Geez.  Maybe I need to look at more mocks and analysis because I feel almost the complete opposite, especially early (first two rounds).

Maybe Leger is truly referring to depth, like the total # of WRs being taken through 7 rounds?  In that case perhaps he's right.  But I simply don't see anywhere near as many starting caliber WR prospects as we have in years past.  I don't see a single guaranteed Top 10 WR (although a Wilson or someone maybe sneaks in there).

In fact, if you talk about skill positions on offense (QB, WR, RB, TE) there are no more than maybe what.... 2 or 3 guys worthy of going in the Top 15? When was the last time that happened?

This Draft is bringing the D!

Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Jetlife33 said:

LT Becton LG AVT C McGovern RG Scherff RT Fant 

Nooooo to much for an aging guard with his injury history. No way Jose. Draft is very deep in OL. And is McGovern safe? I think he gets cut. JD is going to have to get 2-3 new OL guys thru draft and FA. 

8 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Geez.  Maybe I need to look at more mocks and analysis because I feel almost the complete opposite, especially early (first two rounds).

Maybe Leger is truly referring to depth, like the total # of WRs being taken through 7 rounds?  In that case perhaps he's right.  But I simply don't see anywhere near as many starting caliber WR prospects as we have in years past.  I don't see a single guaranteed Top 10 WR (although a Wilson or someone maybe sneaks in there).

In fact, if you talk about skill positions on offense (QB, WR, RB, TE) there are no more than maybe what.... 2 or 3 guys worthy of going in the Top 15? When was the last time that happened?

This Draft is bringing the D!

Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

I can't get a read on this class. I don't think any of the players are a Jamarr Chase level. I think the value at WR is the top of round 2. 

Garrett, London, and Olave feel like locks before 20. Burks, Williams, and Dotson would be the next 3 IMO with Watson and Pickens not far behind. 

Personally I'm hoping one of Burks or Williams fall to 35 (even with the ACL). I'd be happy with any of those 8 guys.

• Upvote 1

It’s not like the Texans traded for Cooper.  The Browns have the best analytics staff in the league.  

Very few teams can get very good without overpaying for some key players.   By not trading for Cooper I think the Jets almost have to pick G Wilson at 4.  They need to guarantee Z Wilson better weapons.  At 10  I don’t know who that is.  They need WRs who get separation.