Watson to Browns

11 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Yes. He is significantly better.  Anyone with half an ounce of common sense knows that.

By significantly better are you saying that playing on a team that is has one of the best rosters in the NFL hes gotten the benefit of all those post season wins while Darnold hasent had that same success/big wins?

9 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

By significantly better are you saying that playing on a team that is has one of the best rosters in the NFL hes gotten the benefit of all those post season wins while Darnold hasent had that same success/big wins?

I’m saying he’s significantly better than Darnold. In every way.

You’re allowed to disagree, and bring up any reasons you can think of as to why. I’ll counter with the Browns we’re 0-29, and completely lost until Baker came off the bench week 3 against us and turned their franchise around the moment he did.
That is indisputable, and something Darnold never came close to doing. 4 years into his career.

Sam is famous for two things. Melting down when seeing ghosts, and breaking into tears after totally collapsing again last year.

I’m sure Darnold is a nice kid, but comparing him to Mayfield as a QB in any way or suggesting his team(s) made him a bad player is laughable.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

You know when they started winning? The night Mayfield came off the bench to play his first game. Against the Jets and Darnold, sitting at 0-2, down 14-0 and winless in 29 straight games.

Good players run from Stefanski’s offense as fast as they can. See Diggs and others in Minnesota. On the Browns, in just a few months, it’s been OBJ, Landry, Higgins, Hooper and now Mayfield.
You could start a Dream Team with the players who “aren’t a fit in his offense.”

Are you implying Baker forced his way out off the Browns? 

• WTF? 1

@More Cowbell and @Beerfish It’s hysterically funny that I’m debating the same Darnold fan boys Villain and I did four years ago all over again vis a vis Sam and Baker.

Here’s the thing. It’s over. Villain and I won. Darnold was a complete bust. We knew it back then, a lot of you thought you knew better. You didn’t.

Every once in a while, when I need a good laugh, I go back to @philc’s Mayfield Sucks thread. It’s one of my all time favorites.

Baker Mayfield. NFL Mega Bust. Picked first overall and possibly will be traded for a 6th. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

@More Cowbell and @Beerfish It’s hysterically funny that I’m debating the same Darnold fan boys Villain and I did four years ago all over again vis a vis Sam and Baker.

Here’s the thing. It’s over. Villain and I won. Darnold was a complete bust. We knew it back then, a lot of you thought you knew better. You didn’t.

Every once in a while, when I need a good laugh, I go back to @philc’s Mayfield Sucks thread. It’s one of my all time favorites.

You know what else us hysterically  funny, how you Baker fan boys are trying to defend him as he crashes and burns. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I’m saying he’s significantly better than Darnold. In every way.

You’re allowed to disagree, and bring up any reasons you can think of as to why. I’ll counter with the Browns we’re 0-29, and completely lost until Baker came off the bench week 3 against us and turned their franchise around the moment he did.
That is indisputable, and something Darnold never came close to doing. 4 years into his career, and Sam is famous for two things. Melting down and seeing ghosts, and breaking into tears after totally collapsing again last year.

I’m sure Darnold is a nice kid, but comparing him to Mayfield as a QB in any way or suggesting his team(s) made him a bad player is laughable.

I’m going with the bottom line is see used here.  What has he won with a roster that gives up nothing to others in the AFC.  
The turnaround is due to the Browns having a talented D.  A really good OL.  A top set of RBs with Chubb & Hunt providing him with a great run game.  Hell  he had OBJ & Landry along with Njoku .  
IMO it wasn’t Baker who should get the credit of changing the fortunes of the Browns, it’s the GMs who transformed the roster that carried Baker.  
The same GM who begged, pleaded and gave up a shlt ton of $$ to convince a total POS to come in and replace a player that turned his team around?  

I think I’ve said all I need to say to the Darnold fan boys trying to equate him to Mayfield.

The bottom line here is Baker Mayfield is an above average NFL QB, but DeShaun Watson is a phenomenal one, albeit with a ton of baggage.

The Browns decided to go with him over Mayfield, which is a smart move unless you have a moral compass. I’ll hope for Baker to land on a good team and will continue to follow him. The Browns and Watson? Meh.

Peace out, boys. Now let’s get back to hoping young Zach has what it takes.

5 hours ago, Lith said:

2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

15E379E9-4340-466D-9215-A1B57D454C09.thumb.jpeg.0931d24a185de90fbd8e35f69b6d771a.jpeg

No wayyy, I was told here by posters that the NFL investigated this very thoroughly and the fact they didn’t find any wrongdoing to suspend him yet proves that he’s innocent!!  Whaaaatt?! Noooo wayyyy, they can’t just lie like thattttt noooo, they wouldn’t do thattt!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

I think I’ve said all I need to say to the Darnold fan boys trying to equate him to Mayfield.

The bottom line here is Baker Mayfield is an above average NFL QB, but DeShaun Watson is a phenomenal one, albeit with a ton of baggage.

The Browns decided to go with him over Mayfield, which is a smart move unless you have a moral compass. I’ll hope for Baker to land on a good team and will continue to follow him. The Browns and Watson? Meh.

Peace out, boys. Now let’s get back to hoping young Zach has what it takes.

I mean I liked Baker when he came out but…

Are You Sure About That John Cena GIF by MOODMAN

Absolutely nothing he has done since 2018 says he’s anything other than “maybe average”.  Especially when you factor in how much talent the Browns put around him:

029C3276-26FF-4737-9FFE-8402CD630BA7.jpeg.4743ebe7f9eac82bd45350eb5d5a13cc.jpeg

22 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

No wayyy, I was told here by posters that the NFL investigated this very thoroughly and the fact they didn’t find any wrongdoing to suspend him yet proves that he’s innocent!!  Whaaaatt?! Noooo wayyyy, they can’t just lie like thattttt noooo, they wouldn’t do thattt!

18 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Home Alone Reaction GIF by Freeform

If you can’t trust Tony Buzbee, who can you trust? 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If you can’t trust Tony Buzbee, who can you trust? 

Whether or not it's true, I actually wouldn't expect any NFL team to contact Buzbee or the accusers in a situation like this, and only talk to the player. It's just how they do. My gif was meant to be sarcastic. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Mogglez said:

I mean I liked Baker when he came out but…

Are You Sure About That John Cena GIF by MOODMAN

Absolutely nothing he has done since 2018 says he’s anything other than “maybe average”.  Especially when you factor in how much talent the Browns put around him:

029C3276-26FF-4737-9FFE-8402CD630BA7.jpeg.4743ebe7f9eac82bd45350eb5d5a13cc.jpeg

I’m obviously biased Moggz. Baker has been my favorite player to watch since he was in college. ?

Here’s how I look at this, and I’m trying to be as objective as possible. The guy has had 3 HC’s (the current one has a run based offense) and 4 OCs in four seasons.

Rookie year… excellent (set the record for most TDs by a rookie despite not playing the first two games.

2nd year… not very good, yet not anywhere near bust level #’s. The new HC was way over his head and the entire team struggled.

3rd year… excellent, and his team made the playoffs at 11-5 and won a road playoff game against arch rival Steelers. His second half of that season was as good as it gets.

4th year… not good at all, but…. Played through a cracked rib in a padded vest and fractured numerous, and with a torn labrum in his non throwing shoulder. If anything he showed too much grit. The CS should’ve never let him go out there, he was hurt and not helping the team.

Summation… if you look at the total picture, you can’t say he’s a top 10 guy, but when healthy he’s slightly better than middle of the pack. Not elite, but not your 17 and down type either. I feel he’s in that 11-16 range.

Maybe I’m overrating him, I don’t know, but this is my honest opinion. I really don’t think we’re that far apart in our opinions here. I give him bonus points though for things that turn off a lot of people. He’s brash, and in your face. He also speaks out on social issues that I think are important.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

2 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

Whether or not it's true, I actually wouldn't expect any NFL team to contact Buzbee or the accusers in a situation like this, and only talk to the player. It's just how they do. My gif was meant to be sarcastic. 

This was probably the extent of their "extensive" inquiry:

Browns: "Deshaun, did you do it?

Deshaun: "No."

Browns:  "OPEN AND SHUT CASE BOYS, THAT'S ALL I NEEDED TO HEAR.  WELCOME ABOARD DESHAUN!  HERE'S A 230 MILLION DOLLAR CONTRACT FOR 5 YEARS.  FULLY GUARANTEED.  F*CK IT, HERE'S A $44,965,000 SIGNING BONUS TOO!"  

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I mean, the Browns haven't come out and disputed it.  It would pretty simple to prove, no?

Perhaps they spoke to the numerous law enforcement and judicial entities that don’t have a vested interest in suing Deshaun Watson I don’t know? But, sure, I guess you can just talk to the guy that’s actively trying to chisel a yacht out of Deshaun Watson’s bank account. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

15 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Perhaps they spoke to the numerous law enforcement and judicial entities that don’t have a vested interest in suing Deshaun Watson I don’t know? But, sure, I guess you can just talk to the guy that’s actively trying to chisel a yacht out of Deshaun Watson’s bank account. 

So what, how about speaking to the victims?  I don't care who is representing them, if the Browns truly gave a sh*t, like they claim they do, they would request to speak with the victims and hear them out.  Anything else is abhorrent negligence.  You don't get to claim that you did "extensive" inquiries if it turns out that you only listened to one side of the story.  Only 9 victims went ahead and pushed criminal charges.  What about the other 13 women?

You know, if at every turn there is a "yeah, but" and a "what if" or a "maybe", it kinda starts to look worse and worse.

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I mean, all you’ve heard is one side of the story.

I just edited it in but only 9 victims went ahead and pushed criminal charges.  What about the other 13 women?  Why not hear them out if you aren't interested in the 9?

Furthermore, no, we already know Watson's defense, so it's not just one-side of the story.  His defense has always been "Yes, some sexual encounters occurred, and they were consensual":

image.thumb.png.610cf3bd36723a0a2b51fa950da59c80.png

If that's the case, and it's truly a matter of "he said-she said", only getting Watson's "I already said everything was consensual, and I plead the 5th to any further questioning." is, again, abhorrent negligence.

11 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I just edited it in but only 9 victims went ahead and pushed criminal charges.  What about the other 13 women?  Why not hear them out if you aren't interested in the 9?

Furthermore, no, we already know Watson's defense, so it's not just one-side of the story.  His defense has always been "Yes, some sexual encounters occurred, and they were consensual":

image.thumb.png.610cf3bd36723a0a2b51fa950da59c80.png

If that's the case, and it's truly a matter of "he said-she said", only getting Watson's "I already said everything was consensual, and I plead the 5th to any further questioning." is, again, abhorrent negligence.

And talking directly to Tony Buzbee fixes this how? 

19 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

And talking directly to Tony Buzbee fixes this how? 

You get access to his clients...aka the victims accusing him?

The better question you should be asking is what did the Browns possibly get out of talking to Watson or investigating the criminal cases from his point of view?  He "plead the fifth" to further questioning over 100 times.  All we got was, and still is, "It was all consensual." 

Are you seriously gonna sit here with a straight face and tell me that's all you should need to hear?  You wouldn't hear out the victims, simply because you think Buzbee is a slimeball.  Hardin is too, so where is the villification for him? 

You know better than this.  You have to.

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

You get access to his clients...aka the victims accusing him?

You know better than this.

These women, through Buzbee, are actively suing Deshaun Watson for a financial settlement, and this after they were kneecapped by the grand jury. Do you feel like you’re going to get unbiased testimony from him or any of his clients? You know who doesn’t think the Browns should have called Tony Buzbee? It was…Tony Buzbee:

The Browns organization did not reach out to me,” Buzbee told John Barr of ESPN.com. “I didn’t expect them to do so, and can understand why they didn’t. But, knowing what I know, they probably should have.”

14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

These women, through Buzbee, are actively suing Deshaun Watson for a financial settlement, and this after they were kneecapped by the grand jury. Do you feel like you’re going to get unbiased testimony from him or any of his clients? You know who doesn’t think the Browns should have called Tony Buzbee? It was…Tony Buzbee:

The Browns organization did not reach out to me,” Buzbee told John Barr of ESPN.com. “I didn’t expect them to do so, and can understand why they didn’t. But, knowing what I know, they probably should have.”

Did you glance over the "...they probably should have?" at the very end of that quote?  The context of that quote is "I have information that would look really bad for anyone that wanted to acquire Watson for their football team so, if that is all they care about doing, then no, they shouldn't speak to me or my clients, nor do I expect them to."

More edits didn't make it in time, but I will reiterate them:  Hardin is just as big of a slime-ball as Buzbee.  It was you, who told me the other day, "don't root for scumbags" so I, honestly, don't get why you have glanced over that fact multiple times.  Are you, again, going to sit here and tell me with a straight face that Watson/Hardin's defense of "It was consensual, and I plead the fifth when it comes to further questioning" is the only "unbiased" one?

8 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

I’m going with the bottom line is see used here.  What has he won with a roster that gives up nothing to others in the AFC.  
The turnaround is due to the Browns having a talented D.  A really good OL.  A top set of RBs with Chubb & Hunt providing him with a great run game.  Hell  he had OBJ & Landry along with Njoku .  
IMO it wasn’t Baker who should get the credit of changing the fortunes of the Browns, it’s the GMs who transformed the roster that carried Baker.  
The same GM who begged, pleaded and gave up a shlt ton of $$ to convince a total POS to come in and replace a player that turned his team around?  

The GM who made this trade, Andrew Berry, is not the GM who drafted , signed, or traded for the players you named Jet nut.

The GM who did was John Dorsey.

What Berry has done is get rid of OBJ, Landry, Hooper, and Higgins and very shortly Mayfield. Why? Because the HC (who ran Stefan Diggs out of Minnesota) wants a run oriented offense.

How he’s going to coincide that with DeShaun Watson, I have no idea, and I really don’t care. The Browns made their bed here, and their fans aren’t happy about it.

18 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Did you glance over the "...they probably should have?" at the very end of that quote?  The context of that quote is "I have information that would look really bad for anyone that wanted to acquire Watson for their football team so, if that is all they care about doing, then no, they shouldn't speak to me or my clients, nor do I expect them to."

More edits didn't make it in time, but I will reiterate them:  Hardin is just as big of a slime-ball as Buzbee.  It was you, who told me the other day, "don't root for scumbags" so I, honestly, don't get why you have glanced over that fact multiple times.  Are you, again, going to sit here and tell me with a straight face that Watson/Hardin's defense of "It was consensual, and I plead the fifth when it comes to further questioning" is the only "unbiased" one?

The context of “they probably should have” is Buzbee dropping a thinly veiled threat like the bogus Bensonhurst mobster from a bad 70’s flick that he is.