Bad news for the Jets, Woody is out!

Bronx

39 minutes ago, Jets Things said:

Wondering where two of those three losses came from. Also, how did you become a City fan? Because unless you're English, me smells a front-runner. 

regular season doesn't matter. still at the top of the table.

i went to a city game when i was young with my parents, that's how i became a fan.  you seem jealous though.

and the all time record against tottenham is 66-36-65.  so still winning there.

1 hour ago, heymangold said:

regular season doesn't matter. still at the top of the table.

i went to a city game when i was young with my parents, that's how i became a fan.  you seem jealous though.

and the all time record against tottenham is 66-36-65.  so still winning there.

I was brought to a Spurs game at White Hart Lane in 2007. And of course I'm jealous. I'm a Spurs fan. Getting to the UCL final and losing sucked. Wonder who we beat in the quarter finals that year. ??

On 3/24/2022 at 7:29 PM, Larz said:

They haven’t forgotten what an abject and embarrassing failure his ambassadorship was. 

2 scandals, 1 involving letting a diplomats wife leave the country to escape prosecution for manslaughter while driving drunk, and belittling staff with slurs   

You're being very kind to him.

Don't forget that, against the advice of his professional staff, he asked the Brits to move the British Open to one of his boss' golf properties over there.

59 minutes ago, kelticwizard said:

You're being very kind to him.

Don't forget that, against the advice of his professional staff, he asked the Brits to move the British Open to one of his boss' golf properties over there.

He’s truly a master of grace and etiquette ?

• Haha 1

The consummate loser, owner of my football team doesn't make the cut. But the breathing bowel movements that own my baseball team are front runners. Very happy to not care less about soccer, but feel bad for the Chelsea fan base if they get the team. 

True story:

About ten years ago while summering at the family home in croatia, my dad wakes me up early “Eric Eric look vake up vake up look who here, ur friend tom cruise on romans yacht!”

so i go out on the terrace and right there smack in the middle of our pretty little harbor is this huge crazy yacht. The morning paper had pics of them two from the night before. Now they were in front of me in my harbor.

I had my coffee, and jumped in for a swim to check it out. If I had seen cruise i would have harrassed the s out of him but i did not see him and at the time i didnt know what abromovic even looked like.

So i swam around the yacht. Huge. Had a helicopter up top and on the side it had this garage thing that was open and there was this second yacht, like at least 35 feet long if not low 40s hanging out to be used i guess as his dingy. It was facing down on a ramp. It was crazy.

now this dude gets a new yacht every year or two and his current fleet dwarfs the one i checked out

On 3/24/2022 at 10:52 PM, WestCoastMole said:

The last decent owner the Jets had was Sonny Werblin. Leon Hess met a fitting end. I wonder if Woody will see the light in time to bring a winner to the franchise before he kicks the bucket.

If Hess had lived Belichick would have stayed and history might have been very different. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, docdhc said:

If Hess had lived Belichick would have stayed and history might have been very different. 

Belichick ends up like Al Groh fired or forced to quit after alienating Vinny and the veterans.  However, no idea if Pioli still drafts Brady at 199

Hess was not a good owner but he was 1,000x better than our current knucklehead 

9 hours ago, docdhc said:

"If Hess had lived" You make it sound like Leon Hess's life was cut short prematurely. That Hess didn't goof around with the Franchise in the 1970s turning them into a laughing stock. Hess had plenty of opportunity to build the Jets in to an enduring franchise but he waited until his health began to fail. Then he hired Mister Quick Fix artist Bill Parcells. When the Jets went to the AFC Championship Game Parcells was smart enough to know the Jets had gone about as far as they could with the crop of talent Parcells had assembled. That's why he "stepped down" to be a titular GM and in the process unloading the operations of the franchise on to Mumbles. Parcells said he was through with coaching until Jerry Jones came calling two years later. Had Hess done the move to hire Parcells a few years earlier he would have been in health sufficient to exercise control over it when the operation peaked. In which capacity he could have dismissed both Parcells and Mumbles and brought in new leadership. Retaining Mumbles was not the issue. Mumbles really did not want to be with the Jets. The same way Tyreek Hill does not want to be with the Jets.

4 hours ago, Dwight Englewood said:

Belichick ends up like Al Groh fired or forced to quit after alienating Vinny and the veterans.  However, no idea if Pioli still drafts Brady at 199

Hess was not a good owner but he was 1,000x better than our current knucklehead 

If you stink you stink. The 1-15 Season came under the stewardship of Leon Hess

21 hours ago, WestCoastMole said:

If you stink you stink. The 1-15 Season came under the stewardship of Leon Hess

And have you seen our last 10 year sh tshow?

at least Hess acted like a man, admitted he was wrong and told Parcells he had carte blanche here after 1-15.  Woody could have done something similar with Jim Harbaugh but instead he’s hired 3 consecutive horrible head coaches after making Rex fall on the sword

1 hour ago, Dwight Englewood said:

And have you seen our last 10 year sh tshow?

at least Hess acted like a man, admitted he was wrong and told Parcells he had carte blanche here after 1-15.  Woody could have done something similar with Jim Harbaugh but instead he’s hired 3 consecutive horrible head coaches after making Rex fall on the sword

Ahhh Leon Hess was the Principle Owner of the Jets from 1968 until his death in 2000. Thats 32 Years. Prior to that Hess was a Minority Owner from 1963 until he purchased controlling interest in 1968 from Sonny Werblin. Sonny actually set up the business for Hess and it should have been a harbinger of what was to come there after when the Jets made only 1 Post Season Appearance after winning Super Bowl 3. So you say Hess manned-up in 1996. That was only 28 years after he took control. By that account you owe Woody Johnson 6 more years.