Jets draft praise thread

2 hours ago, Dwight Englewood said:

The two biggest mistakes were giving Santonio the extension and the tebow trade which turned the Jets into a 3-ring circus.

The tebow trade also meant no Russell Wilson in round 2 who Terry Bradway had been pounding the table for.

The Tebow trade was baffling and one of the least excusable moves in franchise history. It's the exact moment I lost all faith in the Rex/Tanny administration.

If anyone is wondering if JD is a good GM, this and last year's draft should put that to rest. He did his thing and shows he's not afraid to go up or down when needed. He has the b@lls to get what he wants done. He will never be perfect and those who give him a bad rap should now STOP lol...

• Upvote 1

On 5/1/2022 at 1:42 PM, Marshmello said:

FRrlRJRWYAAlDBt.thumb.jpg.56b76ca999322258bf7d3442205b984e.jpg

This is pretty hilarious. 

Of course no one truly knows until we see how the players pan out, and Saleh brought up a great example where Seattle was given a D for the Russell Wilson draft when he was there, plus I remember so many drafts where anything BB touched got an A+ like their '06 draft where it was given great grades all around for his masterful scheming & in the end everyone sucked except their kicker (who was graded as the worst pick, or at least worst value pick, of the bunch). 

But seeing some people give one team like Houston an A/A- and someone else gives them an F.

Or A couple B-range grades for New England who otherwise had the most D and F grades (literally 9 of 18 gave them D/F range grades). 

NFL.com & USA Today both give the Rams an A for their draft; twice that number of graders give them Ds and Fs. 

For that matter, NFL.com didn't give anyone a horrid grade. The Colts got a C, which isn't even tragic, and 3 others got C+ grades; the other 28 were in the A & B range. That alone makes their grades pretty worthless. 

Truthfully none of it matters, though. But it's interesting and, for some of the disparities, pretty funny. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

@slats

Just curious why this got a "Confused" reaction/emoji bud.  :(

Lol, no offense, but you being happy about this football team was confusing to me. :)

But I get it, this draft went largely the way we both wanted it to go. Just have to hope now that we were right! 

16 minutes ago, slats said:

Lol, no offense, but you being happy about this football team was confusing to me. :)

But I get it, this draft went largely the way we both wanted it to go. Just have to hope now that we were right! 

Oh.  Gotcha.

17 minutes ago, Marshmello said:

Yea. Whoever wants to listen.

I am one of the few but I always liked Mike.  Blowhard for sure, but his show was always interesting.  Never listened to his podcast, didn't even really know he had one.  Thanks for posting.

Just now, FidelioJet said:

I am one of the few but I always liked Mike.  Blowhard for sure, but his show was always interesting.  Never listened to his podcast, didn't even really know he had one.  Thanks for posting.

I spent a lot of time in my car in the late 90's and tried listening to him over a week.  

He basically had a 20 minute show and repeated it over and over.  The forced jokes and everything.  

I guess he wasn't expecting anyone to listen longer than that. 

• Haha 1