Jets draft praise thread

Every reason to be excited about the improvement in this roster. The AFC arms race is hot, so the actual relative progress of the Jets vs. Dolphins, Pats, Bills is more about trying to keep up than pass anybody. In time, drafting beats enormous contracts for veterans, but for now we have a team to watch with some enthusiasm and hope. Let's see what our coaching staff can cook up with so much young talent.

• Upvote 1

A++++ Draft ....so stoked .... I was getting on a flight and literally had the #10 pick come through as they were telling us to Airplane mode/ turn off electronics.

Landed to see we nabbe JJ at 26 and didnt give up much to do it. WOW!!!

As a Jets fan super happy we picked up Breece.... however as a Michael Carter owner in DynastyFF I'm devastated as he was at the top of my shaky RB Depth Chart and is now an RIP candidate.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

A++++ Draft ....so stoked .... I was getting on a flight and literally had the #10 pick come through as they were telling us to Airplane mode/ turn off electronics.

Landed to see we nabbe JJ at 26 and didnt give up much to do it. WOW!!!

As a Jets fan super happy we picked up Breece.... however as a Michael Carter owner in DynastyFF I'm devastated as he was at the top of my shaky RB Depth Chart and is now an RIP candidate.

Dont worry.  Carter is going to play a ton.  The jets are going to run the heck out of the ball.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Dont worry.  Carter is going to play a ton.  The jets are going to run the heck out of the ball.

From your mouth to God's ears.

The dynasty community is quite literally in the process of lowering Carter into the grave and I'm like:

sad macaulay culkin GIF

• Haha 1

Not completely draft related but not worthy of starting a thread - I am in disney and next to me is a guy with a seahawks hat. We talk a bit and I apologize for Jamal. He responds you must be a jet fan - I run into alot of you guys lately. He was cool about it and i offered to buy him a drink to kind of make up for it. 

AVT is already on his way to being a solid pro. If Garrett pans out - that trade basically laid the foundation.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Not completely draft related but not worthy of starting a thread - I am in disney and next to me is a guy with a seahawks hat. We talk a bit and I apologize for Jamal. He responds you must be a jet fan - I run into alot of you guys lately. He was cool about it and i offered to buy him a drink to kind of make up for it. 

AVT is already on his way to being a solid pro. If Garrett pans out - that trade basically laid the foundation.

I remember when the trade went down, I had a Seahawk fan laugh in my face… The two pics they gave us were going to be worthless, because they’re so damn good…

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

It's nice to finally have a GM who understands you need to support your QB to give them the best opportunity to be good. We've been flailing for so long.

Agree. Most times these QBS are good enough but they get destroyed by a bad offensive line.  And then get him the weapons. And this GM is doing it. Now its up to the QB and the coaches to coach him up. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

2 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

The ONLY cold water I'll throw on this is that the Jets were positioned really, really well in this Draft.  Two picks in the Top 10 and then two early enough in Round 2 that you could use one as ammo for a guy who dropped (Johnson) and the other was in a position to get the best guy at a "non-premium" position with a slight trade up.  So again, the Jets had the best ammo in this Draft.... but they USED IT!  They executed really, really well and that's where they should get the praise.

I'd similarly say the Giants took the right guys at the right spots and had some high picks.  Baltimore also got some great risk/reward and value picks.  I mean... Hamilton at 14, Linderbaum at 25, Ojabo at 45 (injury issue), Travis Jones at 76, Faalele at 110?  Those are all really, really good picks getting some players a little bit later than they should have gone.

Huge credit to JD and the Jets for a few things:  Accumulating these picks in the first place (Jamal and Darnold trades), and then using them to maximum value in this Draft during a year in which they really needed to nail this.

• Upvote 3