Some 2022 Player Predictions. What are yours?

24 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

7. Denzel Mims will be traded during training camp to a team that is a better fit in exchange for quality LB or DT depth.

This is your boldest prediction. We’ll see. Have to say, it’s certainly plausible. Jeff Smith getting some love in these OTAs, too. I think Mims is on the 53 this year, though. 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, slats said:

This is your boldest prediction. We’ll see. Have to say, it’s certainly plausible. Jeff Smith getting some love in these OTAs, too. I think Mims is on the 53 this year, though. 

I’ve had major doubts about his ability at this level since observing a lack of separation in his draft day highlight reel.  It kind of jumped out.  Big catch radius and was very good winning jump balls, which he also showed year 1 here.

Maybe he catches on elsewhere but seemingly not a good fit for the quick passing game that relies on crisp route running, separation and yards after the catch.  Last year’s tape was horrendous!  Kudos to him for getting in tip top shape.  Not sure why that was an issue last year and not completely buying the sushi excuse.  Sounds fishy, pun intended.

Good luck to the kid.  Hope he proves his doubters wrong.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Most excited about the roster in at least 10 years.

1. Zach Wilson will take the next step and become an average NFL starting quarterback in year 2.  Completion % in low 60s; 2 TD to 1 INT ratio.  Well positioned to take off in year 3.

2. Elijah Moore will stay healthy and reach my defined threshold for #1 WR = 70 catches, 1000 yards receiving, 8 TDs.  In the last 3 years, only about 7-11 receivers each year have hit this mark.

3. Mekhi Becton will start at RT and get his career back on track, silencing doubters with a dominant showing as a run blocker and an above average showing as a pass blocker.  The light has finally come on, being a new father + a raging competitive desire to prove heckling fans wrong.  We don't know the entire story here but it seems plausible that he had lost some trust in the organization as a result of last year's injury.  Who's to blame?  No idea but read between the not so subtle line from Coach Saleh when he directed the words 'trust us' to Becton via the media.

4, Tyler Conklin will become Jets TE #1 and considered one of the most underrated signings of ALL free agency.  Plays faster in pads than suggested by his 'ok' 4.7 second 40, I encourage you to watch his tape from last year.  Shows burst, gets open, has trust of his QB.  So so hands and undersized so won't get a lot of YAC.  Willing and effective blocker.

5. The Jets will lean on their run game early & often.  Hall/Carter will live up to their billing running behind 4 very good run blockers in Tomlinson, McGovern, AVT & Becton.

6. Garrett Wilson will flash big time skill and become an integral part of the Jets most dynamic WR core in decades.  50 catches, 700 yards, 5 TDs.  

7. Denzel Mims will be traded during training camp to a team that is a better fit in exchange for quality LB or DT depth.

8. Carl Lawson will need some time to work off the rust & recover.  Might lose some burst but still quick & talented enough to net 8 sacks

9. Of the rookies, Sauce Gardner and Breece Hall make the biggest impacts, both establishing themselves as future stars.  JJ has an up and down rookie year.  Good setting the edge, 4 sacks.

10. Jason Pinnock wins the Free Safety competition and becomes one of the best value draft picks of the JD era

Well done analysis and Agree with your predictions with the exception of Mims. 
It might be wishful thinking on my part but Hoping he gets the mental aspect of the game down cause he sure has the physical tools to be a force in the league 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Waka Flocka Flacco said:

Stillll waitinggggg

Hey, if anyone can decode this and vet as he’s up for a $20k bet, then please reply herein.

If anyone else can credibly hold both our funds acting as an escrow, then please reply herein.

I’m assuming this is a joke and since I’m kinda new here, I don’t know all the personalities.

If this is real, I’d like to donate my winnings to Maxman in care of his wife, who I know is going thru something serious provided he has a monetary need.  Otherwise, I can donate to funding a watch party at a Jet bar.  Open tab (food/alcohol) for Jetnation members up to a $20k limit.

@Maxman

• Sympathy 2

1. Zach Wilson takes a big 2nd year leap. 65% cmp%, 4,000 yards, 2:1 TD:INT.

2. Jets have a top 5 rushing attack led by Becton and AVT on the right side creating huge holes for Breece Hall and MC.

3. Jets defense improves but not enough. Bottom 10 unit. CJ Mosley gets cut after the season. 

16 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Hey, if anyone can decode this and vet as he’s up for a $20k bet, then please reply herein.

If anyone else can credibly hold both our funds acting as an escrow, then please reply herein.

I’m assuming this is a joke and since I’m kinda new here, I don’t know all the personalities.

If this is real, I’d like to donate my winnings to Maxman in care of his wife, who I know is going thru something serious provided he has a monetary need.  Otherwise, I can donate to funding a watch party at a Jet bar.  Open tab (food/alcohol) for Jetnation members up to a $20k limit.

@Maxman

Leave them out of this. Send me your lawyer's iolta or go wash your snatch.

Just now, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Hey dude, again please watch how you speak.  I’m pretty confident you wouldn’t speak to me that way in person. 

I have no idea what an iolta is.  

Your confidence in everything is misplaced. You are clearly very old, you should have more money, stop wasting everyone's time. Don't say bet if you don't mean bet.

Just now, Waka Flocka Flacco said:

Your confidence in everything is misplaced. You are clearly very old, you should have more money, stop wasting everyone's time. Don't say bet if you don't mean bet.

You’re a weird guy.  

1. I just looked up Iolta and can have my financial planner look to set up so the bet is on.

2. I’m a 47 year old black belt in taekwondo (seriously) which gives me about an 80% confidence level you most likely wouldn’t tell me that in person.  And I’d love to show that to everyone here if you join us at the group tailgate.  With taekwondo, it’s a self defense discipline so there is no implied threat here.  Just that you’d be foolish to push the envelope too far, which seems to be your MO.

I’ll be back in touch tomorrow after speaking with my planner who might have an attorney that can help.

This should be fun.  Good luck, glad you are game and glad this is for a good cause.

3 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

You’re a weird guy.  

1. I just looked up Iolta and can have my financial planner look to set up so the bet is on.

2. I’m a 47 year old black belt in taekwondo (seriously) which gives me about an 80% confidence level you most likely wouldn’t tell me that in person.  And I’d love to show that to everyone here if you join us at the group tailgate.  With taekwondo, it’s a self defense discipline so there is no implied threat here.  Just that you’d be foolish to push the envelope too far, which seems to be your MO.

I’ll be back in touch tomorrow after speaking with my planner who might have an attorney that can help.

This should be fun.  Good luck, glad you are game and glad this is for a good cause.

but can you play right tackle

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Waka Flocka Flacco said:

7 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

You’re a weird guy.  

Guys.  Enough with the bet talk -- pretty sure that is a no-no on this site.  I don't want to have to lock the thread.

7 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

I’m sorry, should have thought of that.  We’ll try to think of a legal structure since my intent was to donate toward a good cause.

Stop donating your balls to Wocka's tonsils.

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1