The best part of this picture

Doggin94it

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

Used to have some players around here who talked about being dawgs.  But now we actually seem to have some.

These kids will be easy to root for.  Can’t expect to see them all jump off the tape and develop immediately, but I have to say that Sauce and Wilson are already, clearly, the real deal to me.  Hall is obviously good and that’s a solid floor to have.  He’ll grow from here.  JJ has flashed too and already can tell that, at a minimum, he doesn’t seem to be a bust.  Could be a really fun year watching these guys develop…. And, they’re going to put pressure on some vets who have been loafing a bit.  These dudes are here to take jobs. That’s exactly what we want. 

Mitchell and Clemons also have contributed pretty well.

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Used to have some players around here who talked about being dawgs.  But now we actually seem to have some.

These kids will be easy to root for.  Can’t expect to see them all jump off the tape and develop immediately, but I have to say that Sauce and Wilson are already, clearly, the real deal to me.  Hall is obviously good and that’s a solid floor to have.  He’ll grow from here.  JJ has flashed too and already can tell that, at a minimum, he doesn’t seem to be a bust.  Could be a really fun year watching these guys develop…. And, they’re going to put pressure on some vets who have been loafing a bit.  These dudes are here to take jobs. That’s exactly what we want. 

Combine them with last years group of Elijah Moore, AVT, both Michael carters and we have a really solid core that we can build on which includes some blue chip players like Wilson and sauce. We just need to friggin see if Zach can be the guy at QB!!!!

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

i can't wait to see what the wilson to wilson connection will bring.  it could be awesome.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

Keyshawn was pretty good and we got a great trade for him.

He was but Toon was special and I think Wilson has that kind of potential.  Keyshawn to his credit did a lot of dirty work.   Toon and Wilson have a grace to their game that Key didn't have.

• Upvote 1

I love Wilson for the same reason I never really bought into Mims as a rookie.

Even when the latter was making plays as a rookie it really looked a struggle for him to separate - It felt like a flash in the pan. Any passes near the side-line would see CB's draped all over him. The plays he did make were often crossing routes or plays where he was schemed into the spaces in a zone. Rarely would he straight up beat his man.

Wilson is the opposite - He's putting these DB's on toast. The footwork on that fade was exceptional, just lined his man up and took his soul. He makes the most difficult aspects of the game look easy. Obviously teams will adjust to him as he produces more but he has talent that just can't be taught. Even when it was clear Flacco was zoning in on him he just kept getting open. The mark of a pretty special player. The drop didn't phase him - Came right back and won the game. Whatever "it" is I think this kid has it. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 3

5 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

I love Wilson for the same reason I never really bought into Mims as a rookie.

Even when the latter was making plays as a rookie it really looked a struggle for him to separate - It felt like a flash in the pan. Any passes near the side-line would see CB's draped all over him. The plays he did make were often crossing routes or plays where he was schemed into the spaces in a zone. Rarely would he straight up beat his man.

Wilson is the opposite - He's putting these DB's on toast. The footwork on that fade was exceptional, just lined his man up and took his soul. He makes the most difficult aspects of the game look easy. Obviously teams will adjust to him as he produces more but he has talent that just can't be taught. Even when it was clear Flacco was zoning in on him he just kept getting open. The mark of a pretty special player. The drop didn't phase him - Came right back and won the game. Whatever "it" is I think this kid has it. 

One of the best attributes a wide out can have is even when the defense knows the ball is going to him he still wins the matchup and gets the catch. Wilson has that potential, 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2