2022/23 NY Rangers thread (Rebuild's Over)

TBJ

1 hour ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

It's great how much winning is being done but let's face it last night wasn't pretty. Vancouver is terrible and we let them stay in it.

This team makes a habit, almost a religion of playing down to their opponents level.

Need to tighten it up for the Oilers next game

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

McDavid is so amazing to watch. I hope our “Kids” line feels the competitive juices flowing and puts on a show. 

That team are the kings of putting on a show. over there  The trap for us lies in trying to to go toe to toe with them and get into a goal-fest track meet.  What we need here is a boring mechanical grind-it-out playoff style win where we give them no power plays and win it 2-0 in regulation.

A win like that would be good practice for our seemingly inevitable playoff series with the Devils and that is the way to beat the Devils

Plus tonight is the first of a back to back and we need save some energy for the Flames on Saturday

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

McDavid is so amazing to watch. I hope our “Kids” line feels the competitive juices flowing and puts on a show. 

I watched some of the Red Wings Oilers game a couple of nights ago and it looked to me like Seider did a good job on McDavid. Fox needs to do the same for us. 

• Upvote 2

As for power rankings I prefer under the radar.  If NHL.com has us at #2 there seems to be a real bias against the Rangers on ESPN.com where we are once again at #8  this week and to be honest it took a long time for us to even get that high.  We were at #15 or #16 s couple of weeks ago. Pretty odd considering how regularly we have handed the top teams their lunch this season.

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/35673480/nhl-power-rankings-1-32-poll-every-team-best-trade

Still, let's just complete this western Canada swing and reassess what more may be needed, if anything, at the trade deadline.

Eventually ESPN will be forced to adjust and if history is a guide they will give the trade activity as their reason while conveniently leaving out that the change in results predated those trades by a long way.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Well, the Rangers certainly could not match the Oilers energy in that 1st period. F-L-A-T

Kreider keeping us in it.  3rd period about to start. I’d like to get at least 1point tonight 

Rangers are out shooting and out chancing the Oilers now.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, TBJ said:

Another bad start, another comeback for a point, another penalty in OT and the winning streak is over.

18 points out of a possible 20 in the last 10 games.

The Rangers have traded for Tyler Motte for the second straight year.

Motte is coming back to Broadway, with the Rangers sending Julien Gauthier and a conditional 2023 seventh-round draft pick to Ottawa, the Senators announced on Sunday.

Great bottom 6 addition! 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

14 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

The Rangers have traded for Tyler Motte for the second straight year.

Motte is coming back to Broadway, with the Rangers sending Julien Gauthier and a conditional 2023 seventh-round draft pick to Ottawa, the Senators announced on Sunday.

Great bottom 6 addition! 

Hopefully we can afford to keep him around next season.  Heck of a bottom 6 player!

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, hawk said:

The Rangers dominated the offensive units tonight, and just couldn't beat the Jets Goalie.  However, 18 shots and 4 goals is sad.

Igor has been playing very poorly lately. Not just middle of the road, he's playing bad and needs to figure it out. Goaltending was the difference last night and when you have a Vezina winner and goaltending decides the game you expect it to go your way.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, TBJ said:

UPDATE: Vitali Kravtsov and Jake Leschyshyn will not be available to play tonight due to roster management reasons.

Another trade is coming, hopefully for Patrick Kane.

After Boston traded for Orlov & Hathaway, Rangers need more Weapons! 

We need to make the move for the Stanley Cup now. Panarin, Zibs, Kreider, Tarasenko window is closing. 

Losing 2 straight is not good if trying to catch Devils, Carolina

12 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

After Boston traded for Orlov & Hathaway, Rangers need more Weapons! 

We need to make the move for the Stanley Cup now. Panarin, Zibs, Kreider, Tarasenko window is closing. 

Losing 2 straight is not good if trying to catch Devils, Carolina

Seems like the Hawks really trying to do Kane a solid and get him to the Rangers. I’ve been a Devil fan since they got here and had tix from 1997-2004. Saw them win 2 of the 3 cups. Devs have been mentioned as being in on Timo Meier. Great point on NHL network last night. Blues may be after him and have the draft capital and cap space to get him. Have three 1st rd picks now with the trade of O’Reilly and you guys. One name I’ve heard Devs are interested in is Max Domi. Add a little grit which we need. Could also use one more physical defenseman. We have lots of speed and skill, but grit wins in the playoffs.