LeFleur: Terrifying analysis by Kurt Warner

14 minutes ago, Irktusk1957 said:

C'mon Tom, he's not in the pocket for 3.1 seconds which is the basis of your complaints. The long scrambles bloat the time, he was under duress quite a bit.

I think he—like a lot of young QBs—creates a lot of his own problems. Long scrambles that yield nothing are problems. We have evidence of this with Zach. Fourth quarter, gets the ball out in 2.4, looks like a star. Prior to the fourth, squeezes the ball, looks like Hackenberg. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

well that to me is in direct conflict to everything they been saying in these interviews as far is "if your 1st read is there take it and stop trying to play hero ball" so in one of those clips Warner pointed out his 1st read was wide open running right in front of him only for a couple yards from LOS and Warner was saying "take it" but maybe that is bad play design and was not even his 1st read but just so happen to get open 1st...so Zach is waiting for his other option downfield to get open because it needs more time and it is his 1st read.

I guess what I am saying are they totally ******* with this kids head or does anything they do have any consistancy

What I took from those quotes was that LaFleur and Calabrese were encouraged that Zach made an in-game adjustment to get it to an open guy.

IMO, the same way a basketball team looks disjointed when the point guard is a ball-dominant mess, receivers on teams with bad QB play develop bad habits—drops, cutting off routes, not looking for the ball on the scramble drill, etc. Classic behavioral conditioning. Ball is snapped, you make your cut, look for the QB and the QB is running an arc fifteen yards behind the line of scrimmage on the opposite side of the field? **** it. Pull out your phone and start making dinner reservations. 

That was their 1st game together this year. Are you suggesting in their limited time together this year that players are quitting on the play, the Jets and on Wilson because he is scrambling for his life.

Or maybe it was because the player was lazy, knew the play wasn’t going to him and quit on his route. Occam’s Razor

3 hours ago, Claymation said:

That was their 1st game together this year. Are you suggesting in their limited time together this year that players are quitting on the play, the Jets and on Wilson because he is scrambling for his life.

Or maybe it was because the player was lazy, knew the play wasn’t going to him and quit on his route. Occam’s Razor

Moore played with, and struggled with, Zach last season. He had his better games and most of his production in non-Zach games. The one “good” game he had with Zach was six catches on 12 targets for 67 yards. They have never really clicked. 

On 10/8/2022 at 6:25 PM, T0mShane said:

Moore played with, and struggled with, Zach last season. He had his better games and most of his production in non-Zach games. The one “good” game he had with Zach was six catches on 12 targets for 67 yards. They have never really clicked. 

Moore didn't play the last 5 games last year.