Ok, I believe.

16 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You have no clue who you’re arguing with do you?  All I said is the QB of team that hangs 40 pts on the board gets the credit just the same as he would have with some of the TDs being via the air.  You’re just a hater and can’t bring yourself to admit it.  You sound like a dolt to argue that

Sometimes, the smart thing for a QB to do is protect the ball and let the dawgs run. 

• Sympathy 1

One play that few people are talking about was the 3rd-1 pass and catch to Garrett on the out in the 4th quarter. The score is still 19-17 and the game is still in question. Garrett makes a nice catch on the ball that is to his inside shoulder. It's a play that the Jets don't convert early part of last year because of Zach and his receivers. It's a play that has to be executed for them to win, Garrett wins his one on one battle and Zach puts the ball on him. It was also a nice 3rd down play call. It's what winning teams/QBs do to win games.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Mogglez said:

In all seriousness T0m, it was a good time.  I’m tryna attend more this year, hope to finally put a face to the name one of these days :).

I've only seen a couple pictures myself, but that's good enough to know what he looks like.

Did you ever see Stranger Things? There's an actor in it who's the spitting image of him.

...Winona Ryder.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Zach Wilson only has 2 thumbs and 9 of his 14 completions went for first downs on Sunday.

Yea I saw that. You challenged my posts about pushing back on player “absolutism” by leveraging one dimension as the reason to dismiss everything. The irony wasn’t lost on me ?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Yea I saw that. You challenged my posts about pushing back on player “absolutism” by leveraging one dimension as the reason to dismiss everything. The irony wasn’t lost on me ?

Yeah @JiFapono tends to do that.  You're either all in or you're all out and there's no room for nuance.  That's his same philosophy with the fellas in the bedroom, too.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

I’m not looking to get into it with anyone here, but the ground game with Breece Hall, after a certain point, became dominant.  The guy averaged 5.4 yards per carry, on 18 touches, on the ground.  You should ALWAYS stick with what is working.  Zach only threw the ball 21 times.  He averaged 10 yards per attempt.  Realistically, they probably could have passed more and still won the game.  They could have tried to fluff his stats and pass at the half yard line when two of his completed passes got stopped there.  That being said, why in the world would they do that?  The goal right now is to see growth and win football games.  They already saw the growth via the drives and completions.  There’s no need to pull a Seahawks at the half yard line for the sake of stat padding.  Just play a balanced game and win.  Joe Flacco threw the ball 155 times during his time starting. The offense did not play well in 2 of those 3 games.  Would those of you upset rather us go back to those game plans?  I know I wouldn’t.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yeah @JiFapono tends to do that.  You're either all in or you're all out and there's no room for nuance.  That's his same philosophy with the fellas in the bedroom, too.

Fact but I honestly had no idea what he was talking about.  I just responded with that gif because he's always super sensitive when I ever "challenge" him.  lol  But it looks like I neg rep'd 2 of his posts, one about Zach "not playing very good" nothing to do with "absolutims' or whatever. lol I disagree, he played great. I then neg rep'd a post for saying middle age sucks because my middle age has been awesome!  I also neg rep'd every single person in this thread who even remotely was negative because PVO and I was ******* piss drunk yesterday.  lol  So...okay, but I also pointed to some other thing as well I just repeated that one thingy over and over again because, I repeat, I was piss drunk.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, JiFapono said:

Fact but I honestly had no idea what he was talking about.  I just responded with that gif because he's always super sensitive when I ever "challenge" him.  lol  But it looks like I neg rep'd 2 of his posts, one about Zach "not playing very good" nothing to do with "absolutims' or whatever. lol I disagree, he played great. I then neg rep'd a post for saying middle age sucks because my middle age has been awesome!  I also neg rep'd every single person in this thread who even remotely was negative because PVO and I was ******* piss drunk yesterday.  lol  So...okay, but I also pointed to some other thing as well I just repeated that one thingy over and over again because, I repeat, I was piss drunk.

Expresses belief in Positive Vibes, by downvoting everything in sight. ;) 

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Lesson:  Use rep sparingly, whether drunk or sober.  

JetNation.com:  Rep responsibly.   ™️

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I’m not looking to get into it with anyone here, but the ground game with Breece Hall, after a certain point, became dominant.  The guy averaged 5.4 yards per carry, on 18 touches, on the ground.  You should ALWAYS stick with what is working.  Zach only threw the ball 21 times.  He averaged 10 yards per attempt.  Realistically, they probably could have passed more and still won the game.  They could have tried to fluff his stats and pass at the half yard line when two of his completed passes got stopped there.  That being said, why in the world would they do that?  The goal right now is to see growth and win football games.  They already saw the growth via the drives and completions.  There’s no need to pull a Seahawks at the half yard line for the sake of stat padding.  Just play a balanced game and win.  Joe Flacco threw the ball 155 times during his time starting. The offense did not play well in 2 of those 3 games.  Would those of you upset rather us go back to those game plans?  I know I wouldn’t.

Totally Agree. The QB's job is to lead the offense to scoring points and to not turn over the ball. Criticizing a QB who leads his Offense to 38 points with zero turnovers while keeping drives going by converting 9 passing first downs is the height of Same Old Jet Fandom -- no matter what happens, these fans are compelled to find something to complain about.  Perhaps they are energy vampires like Colin Robinson?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

I was saying in the early part of the season that the entire future of this team as it's constructed (including the coach and GM) is dependent on whether Zach is the real deal or not.

After two weeks, so far so good.  He's been pretty damn solid in both games and is clearly improving on his level of play from last season.  Last week, he put the team on his shoulders and won the game in the 4th quarter.  This week, he had zero turnovers, made a number of clutch throws, and oh by the way, had a crucial and far from easy rushing TD himself on a third down when it was still anybody's game.

I think he still needs to prove he's the franchise QB by continuing to grow for the remainder of the season, but he is certainly trending in the right direction.  Just keep winning, baby!

• Upvote 2