Most Unhappy NFL Fan Base after 5 Weeks?

Most Unhappy?  

134 members have voted

1. 1. The unhappiest NFL fans right now are probably fans of the.........

• Arizona Cardinals
    • Carolina Panthers
    • Cincinnati Bengals
    • Denver Broncos
    • Detroit Lions
    • Las Vegas Raiders
    • Los Angeles Rams
    • Pittsburgh Steelers
    • Other

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I know.  I sent a PM to Max to try to figure out what happened.  Maybe he can restore it.  

I can understand a thread getting locked, especially if the reason why gets provided, but outright deleted?  hopefully just a mistake.  

You're crying about s thread about another team?

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Steelers.

Haven't had a losing season since 2003.

Rookie QB future-hope is unimpressive.

Talent pool seems...inadequate.

This is a whole new world for a perennially good franchise.  

They're not taking it well.

I don’t know what Pickett is gonna become, but Belichick has a long history of completely destroying rookie QBs. But yeah, this has to be a rough year for a spoiled fan base. 

• Upvote 1

Broncos fans are what you get when a spoiled toddler suddenly has his favorite toy taken away from him.

Over a 30-year period they went from John Elway to Peyton Manning with some not-terrible QBs in between.  From 1996-2015 they finished either 1st or 2nd in their division 16 times.  

They’re not used to failure over a “lengthy” period of time like they’ve seen from 2016-present.  So I can see why they may well be the most miserable fanbase at the moment.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Broncos fans are what you get when a spoiled toddler suddenly has his favorite toy taken away from him.

Over a 30-year period they went from John Elway to Peyton Manning with some not-terrible QBs in between.  From 1996-2015 they finished either 1st or 2nd in their division 16 times.  

They’re not used to failure over a “lengthy” period of time like they’ve seen from 2016-present.  So I can see why they may well be the most miserable fanbase at the moment.  

The Broncos franchise, from top to bottom, as well as their forthcoming years of Cap-Hell, is

"Incomplete"

200w.gif?cid=82a1493b7d6f86qkhm57kq15i0c

• Haha 2

The Broncos are probably the correct answer based on expectations coming into the year (although I had Denver as an under this year - thought they were overhyped). 

However, I think Lions fans also have to be super disappointed. This was supposed to be the year they took a big step in the right direction. Everyone loved the coach after hard knocks. Had a good-looking draft on paper. And the season starts and it's just more of the same. Losing brutal games they should win over and over again and then they just have a total no-show yesterday. Just bad. Feel bad for that fanbase. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Of those choices, how could it not be the Lions? They're a 1 win team coming off a 29-0 shutout loss.  They have Jared Goff as their starting QB and look at their history.  

They're the Lions.  It's expected.

Broncos on the other hand, lordy, lordy.

24 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

However, I think Lions fans also have to be super disappointed. This was supposed to be the year they took a big step in the right direction. Everyone loved the coach after hard knocks. Had a good-looking draft on paper. And the season starts and it's just more of the same. Losing brutal games they should win over and over again and then they just have a total no-show yesterday. Just bad. Feel bad for that fanbase. 

At least they're a fun team and, until this past week, had been putting up points.  Even with the 0 they put up in Week 5, they're averaging 28.0 ppg (3rd in the league).  They've made a significant leap since last year on that side of the ball (19.1 - 25th).  Jared Goff is doing a lot better than I thought he would.  They also should get Swift back soon, possibly even Week 7 following their bye.

Campbell also comes from an offensive background so he at least has an excuse for the defense playing poorly.  If things continue to go terribly on that side of the ball, fire the DC, go heavy on D in the draft and free agency, and try again next year.

26 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

The Broncos are probably the correct answer based on expectations coming into the year (although I had Denver as an under this year - thought they were overhyped). 

We do not feel bad for other fanbases. We relsih in their disappointment until we eventually end up in the disappointment chamber with them.

There is no mercy in this dojo.

Cobra Kai GIF by NETFLIX

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

At least they're a fun team and, until this past week, had been putting up points.  Even with the 0 they put up in Week 5, they're averaging 28.0 ppg (3rd in the league).  They've made a significant leap since last year on that side of the ball (19.1 - 25th).  Jared Goff is doing a lot better than I thought he would.

Campbell also comes from an offensive background so he at least has an excuse for the defense playing poorly.  If things continue to go terribly on that side of the ball, fire the DC, go heavy on D in the draft, and try again next year.

Sure, but they still have an incredible knack for losing winnable games that seems to transcend the players and coaches who wear those colors. That organization just finds ways to lose. They should not be 1-4 right now, but just like last year, have lost several games they easily could have won. 

And yesterday, they were pretty embarrassing. 29-0 loss to the Pats and Zappe? Not good. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

We do not feel bad for other fanbases. We relsih in their disappointment until we eventually end up in the disappointment chamber with them.

There is no mercy in this dojo.

Cobra Kai GIF by NETFLIX

I'm generally of the mindset to hate every team not named the Jets and relish in other teams failures. 

But, imagine rooting for a team that has one playoff win since 1957?

Also, imagine having a guy like Stafford for his entire career, and then he wins a ring the second he's no longer associated with your team? IDK, I'm not sure I would still be watching. 

14 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I'm generally of the mindset to hate every team not named the Jets and relish in other teams failures. 

But, imagine rooting for a team that has one playoff win since 1957?

Also, imagine having a guy like Stafford for his entire career, and then he wins a ring the second he's no longer associated with your team? IDK, I'm not sure I would still be watching. 

Considering I was playing against Dallas D/ST yesterday all I will say is Stafford is trash and he can die a slow death in a trash compactor where trash belongs. Every time he gets sacked he fumbles... I mean JFC Matt hold into the GD Balll $%#@!

Also Tee Higgins could have saved me but Zac Taylor played games with his status told me he was healthy and then didn't play him .... there is a special circle in hell for people who play games with injury status...  I now have a 14 point lead and will surely be hewn down by Kelce and Jacobs tonight.

The Jets win will carry me through.

2 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Sure, but they still have an incredible knack for losing winnable games that seems to transcend the players and coaches who wear those colors. That organization just finds ways to lose. They should not be 1-4 right now, but just like last year, have lost several games they easily could have won. 

And yesterday, they were pretty embarrassing. 29-0 loss to the Pats and Zappe? Not good. 

Oh for sure.  I'm just looking at things from a relative standpoint.  When you're a fanbase used to failure, any glimmer of hope is better than nothing, and Detroit's offense (despite their Week 5 performance) qualifies.

Broncos fans, meanwhile, have only been used to success, especially in that 1996-2015 period.  Going from one of the elite teams in the NFL year in and year out to what they've become (the team with the 2nd-longest playoff drought in the league) is worse for them in comparison.  

But they have multiple rings, recently, and we don't.  So f**k em.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Denver by far and away.
Carolina might push them as the year goes on. They hate Mayfield. Mayfield hates them and Rhule just flat out sucks as a coach
Sucked as a coach. The tense has changed since you posted!

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

From "The Raiders are going to the Super Bowl" to "This is all part of the process".  It's been a fun ride in 2022.  Can't wait to see what happens tonight in Kansas City.  

At least we start from a position of “we are a national joke” — only upside possible!

• Haha 1

Just now, jgb said:

At least we start from a position of “we are a national joke” — only upside possible!

I picked against the Jets in my survivor pool each of the first 4 weeks of the season (you're allowed one mulligan), to the surprise of no one.  Happy to be knocked out.  

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I picked against the Jets in my survivor pool each of the first 4 weeks of the season (you're allowed one mulligan), to the surprise of no one.  Happy to be knocked out.  

You want the jets to fail so you can win your office survival pool, you scoundrel.

• Haha 1