Discuss: Is Zach Wilson the Future? Y/N

Is Zach Wilson the Future?

He's the future in the short term, as he will be our starter, barring injury, the rest of this season.

I don't see him as the future unless he makes major improvements in several areas of his play.  Accuracy, field vision, production in almost every metric.

I don't think he'll do it, but I hope he proved my doubts wrong.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

Undecided. If you think you know after 17 games you are clueless

This is just wrong.  I said after last year I wouldn’t mind them deciding after 1 year if he’s not the one a la the Cardinals with Rosen.

You don’t need to put a timeline or amount of games on whether you decide if a QB has it or not.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, chirorob said:

We'll have a good idea in another 10 weeks.

Loom at the Giants.  Their QB has continued to improve after looking like hit crap his 1st couple years.

they just got a new CS with a new system. this one seem to fit his style. Zach has played now 1 1/2 years with this system. and its not going to change anytime soon. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

Ambiguous. I’ve seen enough flashes that show me its there (and the draft report did say he was raw and needed marinating). He's progressed IMO from last year in that he’s no longer the reason we lose games, hes not turning the ball over, he's mobile and can extend plays, is running the ball better. He’s 4-0 as the 2022 starter and is yet to realize his potential which hs been evident

makor caveats:

His lack of touch and accuracy are what concerns me. But I’ve gone from a harsh skeptic in 2021 to the equivalent of a patient gardener seeing the bud developing and knowing it can bloom brilliantly if properly tended to 

• Upvote 3