9-23 vs 11-22

If Saleh loses next week he’s 11-23.

Same amount of losses as Adam Cornelius Gase. 

What reasons do you have for moving forward with Saleh and his merry crew other than not wanting keep changing head coaches? 

Keep Saleh and fire LaFleur? We’ve done that before with these defensive head coaches. No good OC is going to want to come to a staff that is on thin ice. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, JonMcgraw38 said:

What reasons do you have for moving forward with Saleh and his merry crew other than not wanting keep changing head coaches? 

Keep Saleh and fire LaFleur? We’ve done that before with these defensive head coaches. No good OC is going to want to come to a staff that is on thin ice. 

Cornelius?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

"Keep Saleh and fire LaFleur? We’ve done that before with these defensive head coaches. No good OC is going to want to come to a staff that is on thin ice. "

Agree that firing OC doesn't make sense, but could see an infusion of new assistant coaches or an assistant HC coming in to finally be what Knapp was supposed to be.  Situation to watch is Miami, in my opinion.  Don't think that Tua is gonna get that big contract... too risky.  Ross is perhaps worse than Woody.  Could easily see him bringing in Payton and Brady like had been rumored last year.  If they screw McDaniels over, I could see him joining the staff with a trumped up title.  McDaniels as always the prize on that Shanahan staff.

I don't see Payton or Harbaugh coming here.  Frank Reich is the only other coach I'd want. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

I want to know what @Green Ghost thinks about this. 

I’m trying to reconcile watching Schoen and Daboll taking a 4 win team to the playoffs in one season with a roster that was probably worse than the one the Giants had last year, as opposed to a fan base like ours buying into the bullsh*t narrative that Douglas would need 4 or 5 seasons to turn the Jets around.

Honestly, I’d be fine with it if Woody fired everyone tomorrow, from JD down to Calabrese. When was the last time you felt Saleh out coached the guy he was facing? Hell, when was the last time you felt this staff made any good adjustments at the half?
The guy is all slogans and no results, but I still think Douglas is as big an issue. He’s the one I’m most angry with.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I’m trying to reconcile Schoen and Daboll taking a 4 win team to the playoffs in one season with a roster that was probably worse than the one the Giants had last year as opposed to a fan base like ours buying into the bullsh*t narrative that Douglas would need 4 or 5.

Honestly, I’d be fine with it if Woody fired everyone tomorrow, from JD down to Calabrese. When was the last time you felt Saleh out coached the guy he was facing? Hell, when was the last time you felt this staff made any good adjustments at the half? The guy is all slogans and no results.

This team is nowhere near ready to contend for a title, buddy. We’re still a mess.

Never. Frankly, I can't recall a single time in the past decade where in the aftermath of a Jets win I thought, "Wow, the coaching staff really won their battle today"

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Can Miami get in if they beat us next week?

The Pats beat us twice, and beat Miami today. Out of 3 bad teams, they have proven they suck the least. They deserve to go, if they do.

Pats beating us twice in the way they did was the factor that the AFC literally turned on

14 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Can Miami get in if they beat us next week?

The Pats beat us twice, and beat Miami today. Out of 3 bad teams, they have proven they suck the least. They deserve to go, if they do.

Personally, I want the Steelers to beat the Ravens and win next week then the Bills to beat the Pats so  both of the Pats and Dolphins miss out. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

How much would it set this franchise back to fire Joe Douglas and Robert Saleh? I think it would set them back more to stay the course and have another year of this crap. Especially if Joe Douglas feels like his job is on the line and goes hog wild this coming off-season and sets this franchise back even further with a GM and HC who are desperate. Do you really want JD picking the next quarterback? Perhaps JD's past draft will keep him alive, but how hard is it to pick players when you're picking that high at that many times in the first round? His free agents he's brought here leave a lot to be desired. A lot of his draft picks either have busted because they can't play or busted because they can't stay healthy. The one thing JD has done really good, has been trading away Mike Maccagnan players (Jamal Adams and Sam Darnold) for draft picks. In the end Joe Douglas' mistakes of the 2020 draft and 2021 draft are a big reason why the Jets look like crap right now. That to me should give Woody enough of a pause to consider cleaning house. 

I think Douglas has don’t a good job. The GM job is different. He has executed a plan that has made sense. If you want to fire him for the 2020 and 2021 drafts that’s fine, but I would make the decision based on whether or not you think he’s the right guy moving forward. 

Saleh to me hasn’t really shown anything. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

That’s what I thought. 
Imagine losing to Skylar Thompson and watching Miami celebrate getting in? This team… this season… what a nightmare! ?

I'd rather watch the Dolphins get in than the Patriots. I'm not one of those fans who hate the Dolphins more than the Patriots. 

2 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I'd rather watch the Dolphins get in than the Patriots. I'm not one of those fans who hate the Dolphins more than the Patriots. 

Don’t tell anyone, but we’ve sucked for so long I don’t hate either of them. Do I want to beat them? Sure, but how often has it meant anything whether we did or not?
The last time we had a “rivalry game” was back when Rex and Sanchez were here and we beat the Pats in the playoffs. I didn’t even have any grey hairs back then.

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Yes. If the Bills beat the Patriots next week and we lose to the Dolphins.

The Steelers win over the Ravens means if the Pats and Dolphins lose.. and Steelers beat the Browns.. the Steelers make the playoffs and both NE/Miami miss the playoffs. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, JonMcgraw38 said:

but he has 2 more wins.

because Gase went from 7 wins to 2 and Saleh went from 4 to 7or 8. 

because he took the worst defense to a top 5. 

because winning 7-8 games with the bad QB play we had is something.

who is replacing him? Sean Payton? who wasnt all that good without Brees, who will cost multiple #1s which i rather use on a QB. Frank Reich who got fired for winning 3 games with no QB to replace a guy who won 7 without a QB.

were all pissed at how this ended but we would all have signed up for 7-8 wins before the season started. firing a HC who just double his wins in 2 years deserves a 3rd. 

3 hours ago, JonMcgraw38 said:

Bring Frank Reich here. Let him find a QB to develop.  LaFleur has to go. 

8 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Bring Frank Reich here. Let him find a QB to develop.  LaFleur has to go. 

As a HC or a OC?
Either way he’s not going to be given the authority to “find” a QB. That’s the GM’s job.

@jeremy2020 this reply is applicable to your post just above this one also. ? Your question to him is a very good one btw