When Lawrence had Thrown 4 ints in the first Half (or Quarter) - What were all of you Thinking?

JetBlue

I could not help but think if that was Zach Wilson could he have recovered and gone on play well the rest of the game?  Maybe before he was benched but afterwards he seemed to have lost all confidence...  Not to mention, Lawrences team seemed to rally around him and that is something I don't think I have ever seen the team do around Zach.   At this point of course, Lawrence (who could easily have been a Jet) has proven himself to be a potential franchise quarterback in getting his team to the playoffs in only his second season and playing very well down the stretch to get them there.   

Then of course to add injury to our already beaten and broken psyches, we have none other then Mr. Irrelevant himself, Brock Purdy, leading the 49ers to the playoffs (and by the looks of things) to the SuperBowl.    When is the last time you saw a rookie ( much less the last pick in the draft) look as composed and calm as this kid?? 

Least we think that is the end of it, we get to watch the Giants our crosstown rivals do a two year (some might say) one year rebuild with a quarterback we laughed at when he was drafted 6th a few years ago.  

Through all this, we get to consider the two top five quarterbacks this team has managed to draft in the last 6 years has been Zach Wilson and Sam Darnold.

The life of a Jets fan... I would not wish this sh*t on my worst enemy.  SMDH

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I know it does absolutely no good to think about 2020 but I can't get over how we probably screwed ourselves over for the next decade with those 2 wins.

I don’t think Lawrence is that good. He’s better than what we have, but I don’t see elite. Winning that game did not set the Jets back. Drafting Zach Wilson did. That pick will end up getting the whole building fired if they don’t pull a rabbit out of their ass this off-season. 

1st two ints were kind of bad luck, I wasn't thinking much.

Then the next 2, I thought, "He's losing it right now." and I turned the game off.

Few hours later I checked on the score, and was like, "WTF!!"

He's the real deal, if he had a real bad 1st post season game, that wouldn't change anything. 

Just now, JetsAddict said:

I don’t think Lawrence is that good. He’s better than what we have, but I don’t see elite. Losing that game did not set the Jets back. Drafting Zach Wilson did. That pick will end up getting the whole building fired if they don’t pull a rabbit out of their ass this off-season. 

You don't see "elite" in Trevor?  I couldn't disagree any more strongly.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, JetsAddict said:

Elite gets thrown out. My interpretation of elite is top 5 QB. I don’t see him as that yet 

I think he's already top 5.  Mahomes is the king right now and I guess it can be argued that Joe Burrow and Josh Allen are above him at the moment (though I think he'll surpass them both). 

Who else would you put above him though?  

Herbert is great but I'd take Trevor over him.  Who else?  Rodgers?  Brady?  Lamar?  Stafford?  I'd take Trevor over all of them.