Josh Allen

Cyberjet

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The analytics nerds are all pointing out that Allen’s short accuracy, after the injury against the Jets, went straight to hell. I’m not sure how a UCL would impact accuracy on shorter timing routes (and not deeper routes), but apparently that’s what the stats show. 

Running Backs gonna Running Back

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Rochester Jets said:

Allen is definitely a good QB, I think we all agree on that, but there a mountain of excuses being made for him over the last 24 hours.  He plays the most important position in football so he should get the bulk of the criticism.  Like others have said, Burrow played in the same crap weather with a beat up o-line and played like a champion.  It could be that he’s just not THAT good.  

Joe Burrow may be better.   He also hasn’t gotten paid yet.

• Upvote 1

On 1/22/2023 at 7:09 PM, southparkcpa said:

We havent won 12 games since 1998 and that may be the only time.  I cant think of another time…. 

My point isn’t that Allen would be an upgrade for the Jets he would be a big upgrade - he just won’t carry a team to a SB win. Pretty simple point 

On 1/22/2023 at 6:32 PM, k-met57 said:

you must have watch a different game because their pass rush was non-existent today. you absolutely cannot win in today NFL without a pass rush.

Bingo.

Allen on Sunday was Mahomes in the SB against the Bucs. Nothing you can do at QB when you’re running around because your line sucked.

I actually didn’t realize how bad Buffalo’s o-line was until that game, but looking at the Bills board it sounds like it’s been a problem all season.

No QB does well when their line blows.

• Upvote 1

On 1/22/2023 at 6:43 PM, Cyberjet said:

That’s an opinion. BUFFALO is or might be the best complete team in the NFL. Josh Allen did not rise to the occasion. In my opinion he will not win a SB if he can’t win it with this team. Burrows seems a likely more candidate - ready- in my opinion 

This is silly.

Go listen to Chris Simms break down the Bills offense. He said it’s basically Josh Allen and Diggs vs the world. I think losing Daboll hurt too.

On 1/22/2023 at 7:33 PM, VJphillyfan said:

So? Burrow is probably better than any qb not named Mahomes 

I don’t see it. Burrow seems like he is carried more by his team than him carrying his team. Imagine an offense with Chase, Higgins, Boyd and Mixon. With that stacked offense, Burrow had the same amount of TD’s as Allen who only has Diggs. 

• Upvote 1

On 1/23/2023 at 7:55 AM, The Crusher said:

At the end of the day the Bengals have the best/healthiest QB in the league right now. They will topple the weakened Chiefs next week just like last year. Just the way it is. 

And then lose in the SB.

Book it.

On 1/23/2023 at 3:35 PM, Rochester Jets said:

Allen is definitely a good QB, I think we all agree on that, but there a mountain of excuses being made for him over the last 24 hours.  He plays the most important position in football so he should get the bulk of the criticism.  Like others have said, Burrow played in the same crap weather with a beat up o-line and played like a champion.  It could be that he’s just not THAT good.  

Where are people getting that Burrow played so great? We’re we watching different games? He was barely over 60% for 240 yards. Y’all are acting like he threw for 400 yards and 4 TD’s.

Burrow, with the talent on offense around him… he’s playing a system.

Several of the elite, all time great, Super Bowl winning, QBs didn’t win Super Bowls early in their careers.

I remember how Peyton was regarded when he kept getting knocked out of the playoffs.

Outside of Brady, elite QBs aren’t locks to “carry” their teams to Super Bowl wins every year. (And I’d argue Brady plus great coaching helped his sustained success).  Aaron Rodgers was GOAT level for several years in his career and has only won 1 title which is insane.

Any narrative about Allen feels premature.  He is a top 5 QB in the league.  Good chance he hosts a Lombardi before his career is over.

Of course, AFC also has Mahomes and Burrow so the road will always be tough.  

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Facts said:

Where are people getting that Burrow played so great? We’re we watching different games? He was barely over 60% for 240 yards. Y’all are acting like he threw for 400 yards and 4 TD’s.

Burrow, with the talent on offense around him… he’s playing a system.

He has ice in his veins and always has.  Yes, it’s very clear to the rest of us you’re watching a different game as well.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, jNYC1 said:

Several of the elite, all time great, Super Bowl winning, QBs didn’t win Super Bowls early in their careers.

I remember how Peyton was regarded when he kept getting knocked out of the playoffs.

Outside of Brady, elite QBs aren’t locks to “carry” their teams to Super Bowl wins every year. (And I’d argue Brady plus great coaching helped his sustained success).  Aaron Rodgers was GOAT level for several years in his career and has only won 1 title which is insane.

Any narrative about Allen feels premature.  He is a top 5 QB in the league.  Good chance he hosts a Lombardi before his career is over.

Of course, AFC also has Mahomes and Burrow so the road will always be tough.  

Agreed.   Any Jets fan that wouldn't want him on the Jets his drunk with green spiked kool aid.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He has ice in his veins and always has.  Yes, it’s very clear to the rest of us you’re watching a different game as well.  

Where was that ice when he sucked ass in the Super Bowl last year? Or when his defense saved him from losing to the Tyler Huntley Ravens last week?

Dont get me wrong, Burrow is good and i’m taking him in an instant on the Jets. But i’d take Allen or Mahomes before him, if we had the choice. 

• More Ugh 2

13 minutes ago, Facts said:

Where was that ice when he sucked ass in the Super Bowl last year? Or when his defense saved him from losing to the Tyler Huntley Ravens last week?

Dont get me wrong, Burrow is good and i’m taking him in an instant on the Jets. But i’d take Allen or Mahomes before him, if we had the choice. 

he was 22/33 for 263 and a TD.  he was sacked 7 times.  and they still almost won the super bowl. he's a better QB than josh allen. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Cyberjet said:

My point isn’t that Allen would be an upgrade for the Jets he would be a big upgrade - he just won’t carry a team to a SB win. Pretty simple point 

What is your point?  He's in the top 5.  7th in Yards, 3rd in Passing TD's, 7th in Y/A. He's also 21st in rushing TD's and 3rd in rushing yards per attempt.  The rushing stats include all NFL running backs.  

The Bills have made the playoffs for 4 straight years.  He's 4 and 4 in 8 game starts in the playoffs.  He's likely to get into the playoffs another 5 to 8 years and depending on the quality and health of his team he has a great shot to win a SB.  

Payton Manning won his 1st superbowl in year 7.   Drew Brees in year 9.  Your point is ridiculous.  

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, heymangold said:

he was 22/33 for 263 and a TD.  he was sacked 7 times.  and they still almost won the super bowl. he's a better QB than josh allen. 

They didn’t “almost” win anything. They were losing at halftime and lost the game. The Rams lead almost the entire game and Burrow’s offense put up a total of 20 points.

- Burrow averages 1.5 TD per playoff game. Allen averages 2.5 TD per playoff game.

- Burrow has 0 playoff games with 3 TD’s. Allen has 4 playoff games with 3 TD’s.

- Burrow has 1 playoff game with 300+ yards. Allen has 6 playoff games with 300+ yards.

- Burrow’s offense averages 22.5 points per playoff game. Allen’s offense averages 26 points per playoff game.

The real difference is that Burrow’s defense is amazing in the playoffs. Burrows defense gives up 18 points per playoff game whereas Allen’s defense gives up 25.5 points per playoff game.

Allen has 2 playoff L’s where he put up more points in those game than Burrow averages in the playoffs. Allen with Burrows defense might be undefeated in the playoffs. 

Give me Allen over Burrow any day, since i’m able to contextually look at football and not be a prisoner of the moment like some of you. Not that we will have a chance at either of them anyway.

51 minutes ago, jgb said:

You can’t be serious with this.

Which part are you talking about? The part where he only put up 20 points in the SB and lost or the part where he needed his defense to have a 99 yard fumble return to beat the Tyler Huntley led Ravens?

6 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Joe Burrow in the playoffs last year, 68.3% completion, 276 yards per game, 5 TDs, 2 Int thrown, despite an O Line that got him sacked 19 times in 5 games. 

Yeah, he shows up small in big games...

5 TD’s in 4 games? Woof! Blow my socks off. Those are some Mike White numbers.

Allen in the playoffs last year was 77% for 385 yards per game, 9 TD’s and 0 INT … in only 2 games.

Which leads me back to my point about the defenses…

50 minutes ago, Biggs said:

What is your point?  He's in the top 5.  7th in Yards, 3rd in Passing TD's, 7th in Y/A. He's also 21st in rushing TD's and 3rd in rushing yards per attempt.  The rushing stats include all NFL running backs.  

The Bills have made the playoffs for 4 straight years.  He's 4 and 4 in 8 game starts in the playoffs.  He's likely to get into the playoffs another 5 to 8 years and depending on the quality and health of his team he has a great shot to win a SB.  

Payton Manning won his 1st superbowl in year 7.   Drew Brees in year 9.  Your point is ridiculous.  

My point is not ridiculous. This board is so melodramatic. It’s my opinion that he is a very good QB who won’t win a SB. The horror. 

22 minutes ago, Facts said:

They didn’t “almost” win anything. They were losing at halftime and lost the game. The Rams lead almost the entire game and Burrow’s offense put up a total of 20 points.

- Burrow averages 1.5 TD per playoff game. Allen averages 2.5 TD per playoff game.

- Burrow has 0 playoff games with 3 TD’s. Allen has 4 playoff games with 3 TD’s.

- Burrow has 1 playoff game with 300+ yards. Allen has 6 playoff games with 300+ yards.

- Burrow’s offense averages 22.5 points per playoff game. Allen’s offense averages 26 points per playoff game.

The real difference is that Burrow’s defense is amazing in the playoffs. Burrows defense gives up 18 points per playoff game whereas Allen’s defense gives up 25.5 points per playoff game.

Allen has 2 playoff L’s where he put up more points in those game than Burrow averages in the playoffs. Allen with Burrows defense might be undefeated in the playoffs. 

Give me Allen over Burrow any day, since i’m able to contextually look at football and not be a prisoner of the moment like some of you. Not that we will have a chance at either of them anyway.

all that typing and yet burrow is still the better qb.

13 minutes ago, Facts said:

Which part are you talking about? The part where he only put up 20 points in the SB and lost or the part where he needed his defense to have a 99 yard fumble return to beat the Tyler Huntley led Ravens?

For a guy who claims to worship at the altar of facts, you should be better at putting them into proper context.

On 1/24/2023 at 5:23 AM, neckdemon said:

i feel like he is sorta like ben already but a better runner

I was referring to as he gets older he needs to run but collide less with defenders and use his ability to run to extend plays and use his strong arm to throw the ball as the receivers come open. Ben was a master at this. Yes, Josh showed up 10X's better runner Ben was. 

17 minutes ago, jgb said:

For a guy who claims to worship at the altar of facts, you should be better at putting them into proper context.

I did. Look at my post above. 

Burrows defense has carried him in almost every playoff game. He has 0 games with 3 TD’s. Only 1 game over 300 yards. He averages 1.5 TD per playoff game. 

Mahomes and Allen blow those numbers out of the water. But their defenses aren’t as good in the playoffs as Burrows is.

If Burrows defense gave up 34 points to the Chiefs like Allen’s defense did, does Burrow go to the Super Bowl? No. THAT is context.

1 minute ago, heymangold said:

i respect allen - he's my 8 year old son's favorite qb.  but burrow just happens to be better and that's ok!

I wanted to draft Allen so bad. I wish he wasn’t on a divisional team because i’ve kinda become an Allen stan, and he is better than Burrow.