Game Thread - CTM Search Party (GAME OVER)

Game came down to the very end, so tough to hate on anything when it ended pretty much exactly how the best games do.  This was never a runaway for anyone.

While you see in the DT I certainly had plenty of thoughts throughout the day once I knew what was going on, I will very freely admit I would've been 100% completely lost if I was part of that final 4.  Everyone had some degree of vet and there was nothing to believe anymore.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Game came down to the very end, so tough to hate on anything when it ended pretty much exactly how the best games do.  This was never a runaway for anyone.

While you see in the DT I certainly had plenty of thoughts throughout the day once I knew what was going on, I will very freely admit I would've been 100% completely lost if I was part of that final 4.  Everyone had some degree of vet and there was nothing to believe anymore.

Commendable. Awesome having you back.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Ape has been surprisingly magnanimous, lol.

Its JiF who might be a rage monster tomorrow…

Was just busting chops great game all around for those who hung in and played their hands til death, defeat, or victory.

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Oh and despite his vitriol, shout out to @Smashmouth for having a little fun with his sh*t role lol.  I was crying when people started voting him left and right and he had to OMGUS all of them lol.

I don't remember who it was, but I was definitely pretty hysterical when someone unvoted and revoted him just to make him do it again lol

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

image.thumb.png.789615282db01879bf2f3838d20d23c1.png

37 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Oh, that's right, now Obi-Wan Kenobi shows up and transitions this directly into the Star Wars Mafia #3 this game was built on top of.

Hal?  Now that’s a name I haven’t heard in a long, long time…

49 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Star Wars 80S GIF

• Haha 1

I’ll admit I made @HessStation basically invincible, lol, but I have zero regrets.  Town had a 17-5 edge and tons of fun power roles so the scales had to be tipped a bit to make things close.  This setup would have been a massacre in favor of town 8/10 times, I would think.  

@JiFields got unlucky RC-ing Hess.  Luck does play into these games after all.

In the end I was the real winner because this game was thoroughly fun to mod.  Thank you everyone.  

• Upvote 2

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

I’ll admit I made @HessStation basically invincible, lol, but I have zero regrets.  Town had a 17-5 edge and tons of fun power roles so the scales had to be tipped a bit to make things close.  This setup would have been a massacre in favor of town 8/10 times, I would think.  

In the end I was the real winner because this game was thoroughly fun to mod.  Thank you everyone.  

Hess’ role was powerful but nothing could stop a lynch. He played an extremely clean game.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Gfy

• Haha 1

So I’m sure folks will need a break until the next game but….who’s running the next one?  lol.

@Stark mentioned in the scum thread he can’t run an Archer game until mid-March so we’d need at least one in between.

@Smashmouth - Deadwood?

Someone else - Yellowstone?  Or some alternative?

@GATA keep the good times and momentum rolling. 

6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I mean, you also mod killed 3 townies.  Lmfao.   Haha too funny.  Good stuff though, fun game 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

Oh man, how could I forget one final obligation in honor of @CTM?

8 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The pied piper had summoned a massive wave that crashed onto the beach, engulfing the surfer and ape and dragging them over the edge of the cliff.

image.thumb.png.0ae7005ca7fd9570db5e2c7fa23b789d.png

The townsfolk had watched in horror as their beloved surfer and ape had been swept away by the wave, and they knew that the strange piper had been the cause.

The strange man had come to their town, and he had led their beloved surfer and ape to ruin.

8 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Ape @Integrity28 has been lynched.  He was….

image.jpeg.5f93a874b521ba380cdd09e1b7bb2a97.jpeg

Town Hacky Sack (Vanilla Town)!

@Integrity28

• Post of the Week 1

Really fun game 80, thanks for running. And thanks for putting a mechanic in there  to make sure I didn’t have to make it to endgame and make a fool of myself. And on a similar note thanks to @HessStation (masterful performance) for shooting me and @Bleedin Green for revealing when he did and saving me from finishing the very long case I was typing up at that exact moment explaining how @Integrity28 must be scum

• Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Really fun game 80, thanks for running. And thanks for putting a mechanic in there  to make sure I didn’t have to make it to endgame and make a fool of myself. And on a similar note thanks to @HessStation (masterful performance) for shooting me and @Bleedin Green for revealing when he did and saving me from finishing the very long case I was typing up at that exact moment explaining how @Integrity28 must be scum

I'm starting to feel like 80 makes games, just to **** w/ me.  He's partnered me w/ scum, he's given me the dumbest roles in the history of mafia and he just gave me a role cop that gave me a false peak.  lmfao.  That's not how the role works but, it was for me!  lmfao

Actually, now that I think about it, I'll mod the next game.  I've got some great ideas!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, JiFields said:

I'm starting to feel like 80 makes games, just to **** w/ me.  He's partnered me w/ scum, he's given me the dumbest roles in the history of mafia and he just gave me a role cop that gave me a false peak.  lmfao.  That's not how the role works but, it was for me!  lmfao

Actually, now that I think about it, I'll mod the next game.  I've got some great ideas!!!!!!!!

The night before I died Ape posted a list of everybody and all claimed/peeked roles. I was gonna ask if we were sure hacky sack = vanilla TOWN or if it could just mean vanilla, like a scum goon would also turn up as hacky sack. Not that that’s what happened, but I wonder if just throwing the thought out there might have been enough to not totally clear Hess or the other hacky sacks. Got distracted by something and never wound up posting it.

Just now, jvill 51 said:

The night before I died Ape posted a list of everybody and all claimed/peeked roles. I was gonna ask if we were sure hacky sack = vanilla TOWN or if it could just mean vanilla, like a scum goon would also turn up as hacky sack. Not that that’s what happened, but I wonder if just throwing the thought out there might have been enough to not totally clear Hess or the other hacky sacks. Got distracted by something and never wound up posting it.

I mean, a role cop, finds peoples roles, like their actual roles.  lol  A cop, finds alignment.  There was no reason to think that my info wasnt legit, it's not how the role works, 99.99% of the time.  

The hilarity behind this is, if BG didnt reveal, I was going to peak him to see if he was the GF, which, wouldnt have worked in 80's mind.

27 minutes ago, JiFields said:

I mean, a role cop, finds peoples roles, like their actual roles.  lol  A cop, finds alignment.  There was no reason to think that my info wasnt legit, it's not how the role works, 99.99% of the time.  

This game had a pair of cargo shorts, a whore, 4 post restrictions, a bunch of inv roles, a framer and a ninja…..and you didn’t stop once to consider not all roles might be traditional?  Lmao.

I thought maybe you’d start to re-consider the Hess clear knowing that Ape had been basically vetted by BG.  

28 minutes ago, JiFields said:

Remember when you and me were only scum and you were an Usurper? Just figure this was revenge lol  

• Haha 1