Super Bowl Game Thread

3 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Three other random thoughts...

Kadarius Toney looked like a different player than the one that the Giants gave up on.

Jalen Hurts played an amazing game, but he looked an awful lot like Tua on that last desperation throw.  That ball died about 15 yards short of the nearest player.  Ouch.

If Bolton got to keep that second TD (to go with 9 tackles), he would have made it at least interesting in terms of picking the MVP.  Hell of a game for him.

That Hail Mary was embarrassing.  Way better than Chad Pennington (who threw 2 yard passes as his Hail Mary's) but that's not saying anything.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Warfish said:

NFL needs to have a long hard think about it’s rules and officiating, before it’s too late.

Bro, what are you even talking about right now. 

the commissioner already told us the NFL officiating has never been better. Try and pay attention. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, nycdan said:

One more random thought that needs more discussion another day.

Siriani may be changing the way the NFL looks at 4th downs the way that Rick Pitino changed the way the NBA looks at 3-pointers.  He absolutely crushed it tonight on those plays.  It's going to be hard for the hard-liners to keep arguing that it's bad football.  Of course it really helps with you have the players to execute and convert.

On that note, who has a better job than the Eagle's punter.  the guy barely works for a living and makes good money.

If it’s 4th and 1 and you’ve crossed the 50, it should be automatic. Go get a fn yard. 

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Kadarius Toney, is now a world champion. Chiefs couldn't have done it without him. Only had to give up a 3rd and a 6th round pick for him. That's a worse trade than Leonard Williams thus far. Am I right @Green Ghost? LMAO

You talking about the same play Sky Moore scored on later because everyone on the Eagles followed Kelce both times, or the punt return after a lousy punt behind such a perfectly set up wall that you could’ve gotten those same 63 yards?

Take another look at what Leo has done on the Giants, and what Toney has done for the Chiefs. (and where would we be without the 3rd and 5th we got for Williams? Game changer trade for the Jets!)

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, CSNY said:

Get rid of the rule that you can now push the ball carrier forward. Personally I hate that they changed it to make it legal 

15 minutes ago, Maxman said:

They have to get rid of that.

I like it.  Why shouldn't it be legal?  

• Ugh 1

14 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Both played big roles helping their teams win a chip. Props to them. 

BTW do you think Toney thought that goal line route up by himself? Or that it works without Kelce along side him? If so, he taught it to Sky very quickly.

OBJ and Toney are/were bit players on championship teams coached by excellent offensive minds who can’t get along with anyone and will never be accepted on any team longer than a year or two. 
They’re the football equivalent of lemons. Squeeze them, accept the bitter taste  they can add to a drink, then discard them when you’ve had enough.

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

Not cheap. Three tickets were aftermarket, two others at face value. Me, my wife, her mom and two sisters. All eagles fans except for me. $20K+ day.

And they didn't even win.  OMG.  What a disaster.  I hate the Eagles but I feel for you.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Wow, that's fun to go to a Super Bowl, especially in AZ.  How much did you spend on the tickets (if I may ask)?

Did you also go a few years ago when the Eagles beat the Pats?

I’ve been fortunate enough to see three of these now, all out here in Arizona. Have a few connections. I’ve seen the Patriots lose to the Giants, beat the Seahawks, and now tonight. It’s truly a unique event, but very corporate. I’m honestly not sure I’d want to go to the game if the Jets played. Would be a traumatic experience! lol 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I like it.  Why shouldn't it be legal?  

Just waaay to much of an advantage for offense If you remember the Ice Bowl in Green Bay when the running back behind Bart Starr threw his hands up to make sure he wasn’t called for pushing Starr into end zone just keep that rule the way it was. Just makes those QB sneaks one big rugby scrum defense has virtually no chance 

• Upvote 2