Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

Sure but there are lots of better QBs than Wilson.  This isn’t a good enough reason on its own to acquire Stafford vs other available QBs.
Stafford is the best option left if this deal flips like a turtle. One of us should call into the Carton show and say an anonymous source heard from an anonymous source that an an anonymous NFL stadium hot dog vender heard that the Jets have shown real interest on Stafford and may actually prefer that deal over the Green Bay deal. That is if there is anything to Green Bay operating in bad faith.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

there is a real threat of another team coming in (even if its not the 49ers) and stealing rodgers from us. this deal should have been done by now. it can't be this difficult to come to an agreement. someone (or both) is being unreasonable in this negotiation. 

2 hours ago, JETS SB said:

This Si.com article quotes "Green Bay Packers insider, Craig Carton." I cannot stop laughing. 

The 49ers Reportedly Could Trade for Aaron Rodgers if the Jets Don't

Take that, Robert Saleh.

In this story: San Francisco 49ers

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS

Aaron Rodgers says he wants to play for the Jets, but the Jets haven't traded for him yet.

And if the Jets fail to do so, the 49ers could swoop in and trade for him instead according to Green Bay Packers insider Craig Carton. Here's what Carton said Tuesday on FS1.

"Aaron Rodgers would absolutely want to play for this franchise, and the franchise is the San Francisco 49ers. They have Trey Lance coming off a broken ankle. They've got Brock Purdy, who's not going to be throwing the ball until August or September. And they signed Sam Darnold. They do not have a (franchise) quarterback right now. Maybe Trey becomes a stud -- we don't know. Aaron Rodgers is from the area and has always said he might want to go home one day. Now, he famously also said he wants to stick it to San Francisco for not drafting me. Well he already has done that. So here's the reality: San Francisco does not have a first-round draft pick in this draft -- they gave them all away to get Trey Lance. They do however, because of compensatory picks, have three third-round picks. So the conversation has been multiple third-round picks in this draft and a first-round pick in next year's draft."

Trading for Aaron Rodgers would make a ton of sense for the 49ers, because they see themselves as a Super Bowl contenders even though they don't have a franchise quarterback. Most Super Bowl contenders have franchise quarterbacks, and Rodgers certainly qualifies.

At the recent owners meetings, Kyle Shanahan and Jed York both said they want to have young quarterbacks on rookie deals so they can keep their dominant defense intact. I'm guessing they'll sacrifice their defense for Rodgers. And if they wouldn't, they should.

It sounds like a plant.  But it wouldn’t shock me if it were true.  Purdy May never throw right again after Tommie John and may not be right this season.   Rodgers would be a bridge for a year or two and they have a Super Bowl ready team now

there is a real threat of another team coming in (even if its not the 49ers) and stealing rodgers from us. this deal should have been done by now. it can't be this difficult to come to an agreement. someone (or both) is being unreasonable in this negotiation. 
Well .. the fact that the GB office has not put the kibosh on this yet leads me to believe that there is some truth to this pile of sh*t
If you are Joe D .. you act business as usual .. reactionary measures are for also rans.

8 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Well .. the fact that the GB office has not put the kibosh on this yet leads me to believe that there is some truth to this pile of sh*t
If you are Joe D .. you act business as usual .. reactionary measures are for also rans.

If it’s true it’s pretty scummy after JD’s “negotiating in bad faith” comments. We should just go for Lamar or Stafford and if that fails sign a cheap vet and draft a dude.

These clueless cheese fans like @ptismekill me thinking Zach Wilson is our only option. What a clown show org

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

if he loses rodgers he is probably fired, along with saleh, when the team sucks ass this year. and then we start over yet again

• Thumb Down 1

6 hours ago, GTB999 said:

My guess is the actual trade will be very close to this

So you’re ok with giving likely a a 2nd this year and a 1st next year for AR and a 4th? All while taking on all of his money and getting nothing in return if he retires after 1 year?

For me that 1st next year is a huge overpay unless the condition is SB

• Upvote 3

53 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

GB is the one who leaked this to scare the Jets into upping the offer. Why would they put the kibosh on it?

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

if he loses rodgers he is probably fired, along with saleh, when the team sucks ass this year. and then we start over yet again

No they're not fired. Because woody has been in all these meetings and discussions and is in lockstep with the plan. 

JD would get fired in 2024 however if he gave away significant future picks while incurring crippling cap charges in 2024 and 2025 for 1 decent year with AR. 

Just envision this: you go to the playoffs ad lose with AR in 2023. It's now 2024, he retires, leaves you a massive cap hit so you can't sign anyone to help, you can't draft anyone cause you stupidly gave away a 2024 1st, you have no qb again, all your young talented guys are pissed and won't resign with the team, and even if they wanted to resign you can't because you have no cap space.

This is what JD is trying to avoid. And if the price is too high, I'm perfectly fine walking away from this deal and drafting someone/bringing in a journeyman.

Do you guys honestly believe 1 decent year with AR is worth all that? Another 5 years of sucking? Is one decent year with AR gonna wipe away the last 12 from your memory or make you forget that you still have no qb and will stink after he retires next year?

All of you NEED TO COME TO GRIPS WITH REALITY.

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

If it’s true it’s pretty scummy after JD’s “negotiating in bad faith” comments. We should just go for Lamar or Stafford and if that fails sign a cheap vet and draft a dude.

These clueless cheese fans like @ptismekill me thinking Zach Wilson is our only option. What a clown show org

You aren’t real bright.  I was quoting jets fans who say “let’s just run it back with Zach”

• Thumb Down 2

8 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

No they're not fired. Because woody has been in all these meetings and discussions and is in lockstep with the plan. 

JD would get fired in 2024 however if he gave away significant future picks while incurring crippling cap charges in 2024 and 2025 for 1 decent year with AR. 

Just envision this: you go to the playoffs ad lose with AR in 2023. It's now 2024, he retires, leaves you a massive cap hit so you can't sign anyone to help, you can't draft anyone cause you stupidly gave away a 2024 1st, you have no qb again, all your young talented guys are pissed and won't resign with the team, and even if they wanted to resign you can't because you have no cap space.

This is what JD is trying to avoid. And if the price is too high, I'm perfectly fine walking away from this deal and drafting someone/bringing in a journeyman.

Do you guys honestly believe 1 decent year with AR is worth all that? Another 5 years of sucking? Is one decent year with AR gonna wipe away the last 12 from your memory or make you forget that you still have no qb and will stink after he retires next year?

The price is reported to be big time swaying in GBs favor. For me that pushes me out. Keep our picks and go a different route. Look into Stafford for a fraction of the trade value and you know you'd have for 3 years.

The idea of giving up a 2nd this year (42 or 43) and likely a 1st next year for possibly a 1 year window and having to pay that same guy for that 1 year window for 4 years is just awful business. There's 1 and only 1 way it becomes worth it. And that's a SB win. And anytime to only way a move is ok is a SB win and the flip side of that is paying 10s of millions of dollars to a guy not even on your roster for 3 years... it's an awful move.

? 

I can’t believe how many of you got fished in by Carton!

It’s quite funny and sad at the same time. Says a lot about the Jets fan psyche, expect the worst because that’s what always happens.

Relax, Carton is just an entertainer and a good one at that. How else are you going to kill 4 1/2 of sports radio when there’s no new sports news happening?

Simple, stir up crap and give more “achitta”to Jets fans

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, neckdemon said:

Then let them have him

Sometimes the best deal is the one you don't make

• Sympathy 1

27 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

The price is reported to be big time swaying in GBs favor. For me that pushes me out. Keep our picks and go a different route. Look into Stafford for a fraction of the trade value and you know you'd have for 3 years.

The idea of giving up a 2nd this year (42 or 43) and likely a 1st next year for possibly a 1 year window and having to pay that same guy for that 1 year window for 4 years is just awful business. There's 1 and only 1 way it becomes worth it. And that's a SB win. And anytime to only way a move is ok is a SB win and the flip side of that is paying 10s of millions of dollars to a guy not even on your roster for 3 years... it's an awful move.

It has been awful from jump...

You take on a huge contract for a geriatric player and then give up high picks and mortgage the future...

AR at 40 is not a shiny object

Although we are treating him like one.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1
  • More Ugh 1

So is trading for Stafford's bloated contract and half dead arm. No thanks.
  • Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, TommyT said:

The second Green Bay no longer is negotiating in good faith, is the second we get reports the Jets contacted Lamar Jackson. 

Yea I don’t think it’s GB the Jets are afraid of. The only reason they aren’t checking in on Jackson is because they don’t want to upset Rodgers. 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, sciond said:

You take on a huge contract for a geriatric player and then give up high picks and mortgage the future...

I personally think it’s a worthwhile gamble. The upside is Tampa Bay with Brady. Would you not take a 2 year run like that?

Id much rather go this route than what Carolina did and what Tennessee is trying to do. 

• Upvote 3

44 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

?

I can’t believe how many of you got fished in by Carton!

It’s quite funny and sad at the same time. Says a lot about the Jets fan psyche, expect the worst because that’s what always happens.

Relax, Carton is just an entertainer and a good one at that. How else are you going to kill 4 1/2 of sports radio when there’s no new sports news happening?

Simple, stir up crap and give more “achitta”to Jets fans

Calling Carton and Roberts Sports Talk Radio is a bit of a stretch... Its closer to TMZ then actual sports talk.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, sciond said:

Ummm.... If you think that giving up a 1st next year and 2nd this year and 30 Mill is mortgaging the future I have a bridge to sell you....

He may be false hope for the Jets fans but he is still a good bridge for whoever comes next.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

GB is the one who leaked this to scare the Jets into upping the offer. Why would they put the kibosh on it?
Because the Jets came out last week and said they were negotiating in good faith, working on the deal with GB and there were no other players in the game if GB breaks that confidence .. bad bad look..

I

6 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Ummm.... If you think that giving up a 1st next year and 2nd this year and 30 Mill is mortgaging the future I have a bridge to sell you....

He may be false hope for the Jets fans but he is still a good bridge for whoever comes next.

The fact that you don't see that it does damage to the building process is a typical SOJF position.

The giving away of draft capital to make bad short term decision is one of the primary ways to derail a rebuild..anybody knows that.

It's these fan pressure that have cause multiple NY/NJ teams to make poor decisions and mortgage their future and suck donkey balls long term

.....Why do you think Carr would not approve a trade to the Saints BTW......common sense

• WTF? 1

22 minutes ago, BelarusJetsFan said:

I personally think it’s a worthwhile gamble. The upside is Tampa Bay with Brady. Would you not take a 2 year run like that?

Id much rather go this route than what Carolina did and what Tennessee is trying to do. 

Only if its a low round pick 

!) AR is 40! He was going to retire..He said 90% sure

2) Draft capital is precious

3) Brady cost them nothing

4)Where re the teams lining up for this hot item?

5) Worst Contract in the NFL possibly and eats up your salary space

6) Could be a 1 year and out, then you throw more draft capital at another quick fix?

7) As a Jet fan are you not tired of getting QB retreads?

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

1 minute ago, sciond said:

The fact that you don't see that it does damage to the building process is a typical SOJF position.

The giving away of draft capital to make bad short term decision is one of the primary ways to derail a rebuild..anybody knows that.

It's these fan pressure that have cause multiple NY/NJ teams to make poor decisions and mortgage their future and suck donkey balls long term

.....Why do you think Carr would not approve a trade to the Saints BTW......common sense

The fact that you think the Jets are not building something the last 3 years and think that this is the SOJ is a short sided thought...

All good teams see that when they are close you push the chips all in to win... See Rams... See Tampa Bay ... Otherwise you end up like Bengals or Bills or numerous other teams that should be SB contenders but lacked the extra piece.

Don't be a SOJF... When is the last time the Jets had a QB of Rodgers caliber... Favre... They were the best team in the league that year till Favre decided to hide his injury to protect his consecutive game streak.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, neckdemon said:

why do you think there is a real threat of another team coming in NOW, when there hasn't been another team interested in the last couple of months?  if anything, the universe of teams potentially interested has shrunk with moves made this off-season (raiders and panthers, for example).

1 hour ago, Sammybighead said:

what you posted above has no basis in reality.  while there would be some dead cap space if rodgers is 1-and-done (or 2-and-done for that matter), it won't be crippling, and it will have no impact on signing guys like wilson, sauce, AVT, etc..., long-term as their contract extensions will be after the "tab" for rodgers has been paid.

and since we don't know the conditionality of the 2024 pick flipping to a 1st, let's hold off on the sky is falling posts...at least if you want to be someone who's posts ARE BASED ON REALITY!!!

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

The fact that you think the Jets are not building something the last 3 years and think that this is the SOJ is a short sided thought...

All good teams see that when they are close you push the chips all in to win... See Rams... See Tampa Bay ... Otherwise you end up like Bengals or Bills or numerous other teams that should be SB contenders but lacked the extra piece.

Don't be a SOJF... When is the last time the Jets had a QB of Rodgers caliber... Favre... They were the best team in the league that year till Favre decided to hide his injury to protect his consecutive game streak.

,,,And you think building is done?

Remind me what was traded for Favre?

You want to go on record now saying with AR the Jets win the SB?

Who is gonna block for him? DT is really thin too as is the LB position

Bengals went to the SB....I would be ok with that

When you say caliber..do you mean a 40 yr old past his prime QB with over  100 mil owed to him?....Never before.

• WTF? 1