Lamar Jackson Requests Trade

Maxman

3 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

The brilliant logic (appreciate the acknowledgement) means focus your efforts on the front office, scouting department and coaching staff ... Then turn your attention to build.a team the right way .. retaining young affordable talent, bringing in new college talent targeted by the new scouting team, and signing younger monster free agents when fiscally possible. This is not rocket science.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

but but but Dunnie!!!!  What if they're not good here on the NY Jets like they were on their old team?   That is sooooo scary!?!?!?!?!?  Why would you do that?????

but but but Dunnie!!!!  What if they're not good here on the NY Jets like they were on their old team?   That is sooooo scary!?!?!?!?!?  Why would you do that?????
No reason they would not be good here .. If there is a foundation at the level of where they are coming from ... In Lamar's case.. that would be excellent coaching, coordinating and offensive line.

1 minute ago, Dunnie said:

No reason they would not be good here .. If there is a foundation at the level of where they are coming from ... In Lamar's case.. that would be excellent coaching, coordinating and offensive line.

Britains Got Talent No GIF by Got Talent Global

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Lamar is an elite talent behind a steel wall OL. His game breaking running combined with accuracy from the pocket when protected is a formidable combo.

He has taken his passing game to a new level.

Subtract the OL he becomes average to below average ... Like other QBs.

Your OL fetish has been taken to new levels my guy.

What happened to "elite escapability" having an impact?  Zach Wilson supposedly had that yet got sacked all the time, lmao.  Lamar Jackson DEFINITELY has it yet you don't give him credit for it. 

He's about to win his 2nd MVP.  His 2nd.  Yet you're like "Oh yeah Offensive Line eliteness that's what's done it"

Stop having QB opinions.

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, JustInFudge said:

Britains Got Talent No GIF by Got Talent Global

The idea that QB's are fully or even mostly molded by their environment has been disproven by data time and time again yet here's Dunnie in yet another thread trying to keep hope alive for his boy Zach while downgrading a QB who's about to win his 2nd MVP before he turns 27.  

Cringeworthy.  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

What happened to "elite escapability" having an impact?  Zach Wilson supposedly had that yet got sacked all the time, lmao.  Lamar Jackson DEFINITELY has it yet you don't give him credit for it. 
He's about to win his 2nd MVP.  His 2nd.  Yet you're like "Oh yeah Offensive Line eliteness that's what's done it"
Stop having QB opinions.
Your wrong ... I actually gave Lamar props .. but like every other QB alive he needs an OL to thrive .. plain and simple.

• Post of the Week 1

The idea that QB's are fully or even mostly molded by their environment has been disproven by data time and time again yet here's Dunnie in yet another thread trying to keep hope alive for his boy Zach while downgrading a QB who's about to win his 2nd MVP before he turns 27.  
Cringeworthy.  
Nah ... I've just referenced Zach, Darnold and Sanchez... as three super high draft picks in a row ...that this sad sack organization has failed to develop... No OL for Darnord or Wilson ... And Sanchez vs the Ravens destroyed any hope of home becoming anything.

Failure to realize the fact that the war is won in trenches is a mistake the organization has made repeatedly since forever ... The OL was good with Brick, Faneca and Mangold ... But the DL sucked ...

You need to build.this from the inside out ...if you can't see this ... You are part of the problem.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Lamar wouldn't have brought Hackett in as the OC.   You have no idea what Super Friends and coaches he would have insisted on. He might have wanted contemporaries that still had a pulse.

• Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Cringeworthy.  

Well that and the narrative beforehand, specifically from Dunnie is that Lamar only was successful because they built a gimmick system around him and no other team can do that and now he's going to win MVP his first year in a more open system that he supposedly couldnt handle.

The funny part about the Ravens are carrying Lamar nonsense is that even if you want to make that argument, it's not because of this amazing OL he has in front of him.  Sure, they're good like they always are upfront but the reason why it's all working this year is because they finally added actual WR's who can get open and he's not completely reliant Andrews.  Flowers, OBJ, Agholor, Likely, Bateman is the best receiving group he's played w/ and he can now spread it all around while they lose a different RB every week. 

It's mind boggling the length's these dudes are going to move the goal post over and over again only be proved wrong but yet, still try.  Like, why?  Just admit.  Dudes a baller, probably should have made an offer and move on.  I would be absolutely shocked if we dont see the Ravens in the SB so just give it up and hope that doesnt happen because otherwise you're just feeding the beast.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

44 minutes ago, JustInFudge said:

Lamar is not Peyton and Peyton is not Tom Brady and Tom Brady is not Aaron Rodgers...but they play the same position in the NFL, so the example is apples to apples.  It's why people compared positions and specifically, QB's.  Peyton Manning sucked in the playoffs before he won a SB, so in your estimation, Manning was not great, and actually sucked until he finally won a SB, then he became great.  I'm just showing you how stupid it sounds.

I'm right about everything and he didnt get Watson's contract and your playoff talk is dumb AF as I've shown you in 100 different ******* ways.

And the Ravens went from the 3rd overall offense w/ Lamar, to the 30th overall offense w/ Huntley.  They went from averaging 28pts a game to 13 pts a game w/  Huntley.  Huntley, lost 3 straight division games to close out the season, back to back vs. the Bengals.  The Ravens lost 4 games total w/ Lamar.  Huntley is ******* horrible but you're giving him cred and sh*tting on Lamar? 

Bro.  Brah.  Bruh.  Just stop.  It's like you like taking it on the chin over and over again.  And my brother, you aint going to be stunting on me...I hate this for you but I'll be doing another victory lap.  It's just how it is, stud.  Your boy is the Oracle. 

JiF, he didn't get the Watson contract because the Ravens placed the non-exclusive franchise tag on him, and NOBODY in the entire league was going to give Lamar the Deshaun Watson contract. For the Jets to pluck Lamar Jackson from the Ravens, they would have had to give him an insane contract like the Watson one. You wanted Lamar Jackson and ANY COST. It could have been a terrible situation with the Jets if he comes here and gets wrecked behind Joe Douglas sh*tty offensive line. I mentioned how Huntley almost won on the road in Cincinnati last season to illustrate how good the entire Ravens team is, not to mention they have great coaching. Unfortunately, the Jets are not on the Ravens level. This team has a lot of issues, and it's not a Lamar Jackson away from competing for a championship. You keep on acting like you were right about something. I don't know what it is. I never said I hated Lamar Jackson. I would take him right now on the Jets if we didn't have to gut our future to acquire him AND give him an even more insane contract than the one the Ravens gave him. Anytime someone mentions to you the cost it would have taken for the Jets to acquire Lamar Jackson you don't want to hear it. You seem too emotional about this whole Lamar Jackson topic. Relax buddy. No need to make this personal as you tried to in the above post. Have a great day, "Oracle." 

Well that and the narrative beforehand, specifically from Dunnie is that Lamar only was successful because they built a gimmick system around him and no other team can do that and now he's going to win MVP his first year in a more open system that he supposedly couldnt handle.
The funny part about the Ravens are carrying Lamar nonsense is that even if you want to make that argument, it's not because of this amazing OL he has in front of him.  Sure, they're good like they always are upfront but the reason why it's all working this year is because they finally added actual WR's who can get open and he's not completely reliant Andrews.  Flowers, OBJ, Agholor, Likely, Bateman is the best receiving group he's played w/ and he can now spread it all around while they lose a different RB every week. 
It's mind boggling the length's these dudes are going to move the goal post over and over again only be proved wrong but yet, still try.  Like, why?  Just admit.  Dudes a baller, probably should have made an offer and move on.  I would be absolutely shocked if we dont see the Ravens in the SB so just give it up and hope that doesnt happen because otherwise you're just feeding the beast.  

I did hold this to be true prior to this year ... And I agree that Lamar has exceeded that restriction ... But the Raven's offense was specifically geared to only his game prior to this season.

Lamar has outgrown that restriction and really shown out this year. Something I have repeatedly mentioned. Good for him. He is having a stellar season behind a stellar OL.

He deserves all the credit he gets.

37 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Stop having QB opinions.

The Ravens OL is led by Linda Baum.  The Jets have no such beast protecting their QB.

4 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

JiF, he didn't get the Watson contract because the Ravens placed the non-exclusive franchise tag on him, and NOBODY in the entire league was going to give Lamar the Deshaun Watson contract. For the Jets to pluck Lamar Jackson from the Ravens, they would have had to give him an insane contract like the Watson one. You wanted Lamar Jackson and ANY COST. It could have been a terrible situation with the Jets if he comes here and gets wrecked behind Joe Douglas sh*tty offensive line. I mentioned how Huntley almost won on the road in Cincinnati last season to illustrate how good the entire Ravens team is, not to mention they have great coaching. Unfortunately, the Jets are not on the Ravens level. This team has a lot of issues, and it's not a Lamar Jackson away from competing for a championship. You keep on acting like you were right about something. I don't know what it is. I never said I hated Lamar Jackson. I would take him right now on the Jets if we didn't have to gut our future to acquire him AND give him an even more insane contract than the one the Ravens gave him. Anytime someone mentions to you the cost it would have taken for the Jets to acquire Lamar Jackson you don't want to hear it. You seem too emotional about this whole Lamar Jackson topic. Relax buddy. No need to make this personal as you tried to in the above post. Have a great day, "Oracle." 

Sir, the Jets went out and gave an arm and a leg for a 40 year old QB and are now quite literally, ****ed.  The entire organization is being run by a nut job QB who was on the brink of retirement and about to go do some ayahuasca to figure out his life again.  So yes, for **** sake, yes, I'd have gladly made a generous offer, 3 first rounders for all I care, to the Ravens and given a much more lucrative contract to a 26 year old instead of the situation they are currently in, because I like entertaining Football and I like when my team wins and Lamar is all of that in one.  So again, this idea that I'm crazy for suggesting "hey, maybe the Jets should have tried", idk, doesnt really seem all that crazy now that every single narrative has been shredded into an oblivion and all you haters are hanging onto right now is "Lamar needs to win a SB".

• Post of the Week 1

14 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The Ravens OL is led by Linda Baum.  The Jets have no such beast protecting their QB.

One of the T's is Morgan Moses.   Guess what team he was on and what OL everyone complained about while he was on it before he joined the Ravens? 

• Haha 4

19 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

I did hold this to be true prior to this year ... And I agree that Lamar has exceeded that restriction ... But the Raven's offense was specifically geared to only his game prior to this season.

Lamar has outgrown that restriction and really shown out this year. Something I have repeatedly mentioned. Good for him. He is having a stellar season behind a stellar OL.

He deserves all the credit he gets.

Come On Please GIF by NBA

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, JustInFudge said:

Sir, the Jets went out and gave an arm and a leg for a 40 year old QB and are now quite literally, ****ed.  The entire organization is being run by a nut job QB who was on the brink of retirement and about to go do some ayahuasca to figure out his life again.  So yes, for **** sake, yes, I'd have gladly made a generous offer, 3 first rounders for all I care, to the Ravens and given a much more lucrative contract to a 26 year old instead of the situation they are currently in, because I like entertaining Football and I like when my team wins and Lamar is all of that in one.  So again, this idea that I'm crazy for suggesting "hey, maybe the Jets should have tried", idk, doesnt really seem all that crazy now that every single narrative has been shredded into an oblivion and all you haters are hanging onto right now is "Lamar needs to win a SB".

If you remember, I didn't want Aaron Rodgers. Too old and too expensive. I would have taken Derek Carr, Gardner Minshew, Baker Mayfield, Jacoby Brissett etc etc. I wanted to keep our premium draft picks and bring in a decent quarterback and let the chips fall where the may. You keep wrongfully labeling me a Lamar Jackson hater. That's bullsh*t. I also never said "Lamar needs to win a SB". He needs to step his game up in the playoffs. He's played poorly in the playoffs and the Ravens lost because of it.

5 hours ago, JustInFudge said:

I don't need hard evidence or the smoking gun, sir.

Conspiracy theorists never do.

No offense, the idea that you dont sign a Superstar because you fear that said player wont be the same here as they were there, is the dumbest of dumb sh*t I've ever heard.

It's also not what I said.  I said presuming he's be as good/productive here, as he was this year there, is speculation.  They are very different situations.

Not that you don't attempt to trade/sign him for that reason.

Not the same arguments.

I have proved that my personal analysis is more accurate then the bozo's who scout and run teams

Truly shocking you haven't been offered a GM job yet.

I enjoy gloating in how often I'm better then them.

I can see that.  I am glad you're happy, thought, someone should be these days.

2 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

If you remember, I didn't want Aaron Rodgers. Too old and too expensive. I would have taken Derek Carr, Gardner Minshew, Baker Mayfield, Jacoby Brissett etc etc. I wanted to keep our premium draft picks and bring in a decent quarterback and let the chips fall where the may. You keep wrongfully labeling me a Lamar Jackson hater. That's bullsh*t. I also never said "Lamar needs to win a SB". He needs to step his game up in the playoffs. He's played poorly in the playoffs and the Ravens lost because of it.

David Bowie Dance GIF

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Conspiracy theorists never do.

It's also not what I said.  I said presuming he's be as good/productive here, as he was this year there, is speculation.  They are very different situations.

Not that you don't attempt to trade/sign him for that reason.

Not the same arguments.

Truly shocking you haven't been offered a GM job yet.

I can see that.  I am glad you're happy, thought, someone should be these days.

David Bowie GIF

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

You keep wrongfully labeling me a Lamar Jackson hater. That's bullsh*t. I also never said "Lamar needs to win a SB". He needs to step his game up in the playoffs. He's played poorly in the playoffs and the Ravens lost because of it.

So, he needs to play better, so his team can win? Heavy.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Your wrong ... I actually gave Lamar props .. but like every other QB alive he needs an OL to thrive .. plain and simple.

How’s Tyler Huntley doing behind that OL tonight bud.  

6 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

No one gives a f**k.  Linda Baum wasn’t there when Lamar won his first MVP.  

Up until ~ Week 6 of 2023 the line was mostly OK during the Zach Wilson era.  The QBs just sucked sh*t so no one noticed. 

6 hours ago, JustInFudge said:

Not one lick of credit given by these tools for Lamar continuing to succeed without Mark Andrews, either.  

6 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Nah ... I've just referenced Zach, Darnold and Sanchez... as three super high draft picks in a row ...that this sad sack organization has failed to develop... No OL for Darnord or Wilson ... And Sanchez vs the Ravens destroyed any hope of home becoming anything.

Failure to realize the fact that the war is won in trenches is a mistake the organization has made repeatedly since forever ... The OL was good with Brick, Faneca and Mangold ... But the DL sucked ...

You need to build.this from the inside out ...if you can't see this ... You are part of the problem.

All those QBs sucked and continued to suck at their next stops, too.  4 other franchises gave Sanchez a shot before he was out of the league by the age of 28. 

The Jets absolutely suck but a huge part of that suck is making horrid decisions when picking QBs and refusing to move on quickly when it’s clear they suck.  This development angle you keep pushing is just window dressing to bigger problems. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Not one lick of credit given by these tools for Lamar continuing to succeed without Mark Andrews, either.  

That stacked Ravens team really carried their QB today.  That 10 point effort was a site to behold. 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

So, he needs to play better, so his team can win? Heavy.

You need flash cards? He's been on good Ravens teams and he's 1-3 in the playoffs, due in large part to his crappy quarterback play. He's thrown 3 touchdowns, 5 interceptions and fumbled the ball 5 times in 4 playoff games. That's very relevant to why the Ravens have had no success in the playoffs with him as their starting quarterback. The quarterback's legacy with most on the line these playoffs is Lamar Jackson. If Lamar doesn't play well in these playoffs with the #1 seed, and a week off to prepare for the divisional round, then he's a playoff choker. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

You need flash cards? He's been on good Ravens teams and he's 1-3 in the playoffs, due in large part to his crappy quarterback play. He's thrown 3 touchdowns, 5 interceptions and fumbled the ball 5 times in 4 playoff games. That's very relevant to why the Ravens have had no success in the playoffs with him as their starting quarterback. The quarterback's legacy with most on the line these playoffs is Lamar Jackson. If Lamar doesn't play well in these playoffs with the #1 seed, and a week off to prepare for the divisional round, then he's a playoff choker. 

Thank you for elaborating. I was afraid your initial point was painfully stupid. I was wrong. It’s worse.

• WTF? 1