Lamar Jackson Requests Trade

Maxman

45 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

You sound like a lot of fun at parties. 

I've never been to a party where some guy is sore about something he claimed years ago...  so he reminds everyone all night long ad nauseum.   Great party there.   I guess it's a 3- year old's birthday party?

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I've never been to a party where some guy is sore about something he claimed years ago...  so he reminds everyone all night long ad nauseum.   Great party there.   I guess it's a 3- year old's birthday party?

12 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Don't be a "don't be..."

stripes lighten GIF

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

16 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Lighten up, Francis. 

• Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Not sure where at all in my post I say Lamar sucks , My only gripe is him falling behind and not being able to deal with that so I'm not sure where you are taking that ? When Lamar wins some playoff games and learns how to win coming from behind like all the greats do I'll give him 100% of the credit he deserves but not until he proves he can do it. I said the same thing about Manning when he was losing in the playoffs every year also the same about Josh Allen. Prove you can win in the playoffs and then you get the label of being a great QB. 

Ok, did you not see the stats I provided when playing from behind?  And I get it, the playoff things.  Again, I used Peyton Manning as an example of another great w/ a bad playoff record until he won the big one but if that doesnt register, lets try it this way:

Do you think Mark Sanchez is better than Lamar Jackson?  Because he has a better playoff record. 

• Post of the Week 3

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

Aye, wasn't an accusation JiF, more just a "what's the point" question.  As noted, both scenarios means there was 0% chance that Lamar was ever going to be a Jet.  It was always akin to crying and being mad because you're not winning the lottery and you want to.  Ok, yeah, we all want to, but it isn't happening, so why the necro'd 28 page thread about it?  There is no "right" here, because again, there was no situation where he winds up a Jet, and no certainty that as a Jet he's what he is as a Raven, especially with our O-line.

Lamar doesn't suck, he's shown that in the regular season on a team designed around his talents, he is extremely effective and productive.  So far, in the post-season, he's trash, but he will get another chance this year to show that is no longer the case.

But it doesn't really have anything to do with the Jets.  As noted, if the league was colluding, he wasn't coming here.  If the league wasn't colluding, then clearly the combo of cost to acquire, risk of running QB injury/injury history, and the Ravens right of refusal scared everyone away, and he wasn't coming here.  There is no real world situation where he was coming here.  Like winning the lottery, it was never going to happen for us.

/shrug, just seems silly, but I think alot of the talk here similar to this (why didn't we tank for Lawrence, why didn't we pick Mahomes, why this, why that) is equally silly at this point.  Look forward, not backwards.  At least forward can still be changed/fixed.  Low odds, o' course, but still.

Again, I didnt bump this thread but since someone did and people obviously still want to talk about it, the point for me now is basking in my rightness...why else make "hot takes" if you cant enjoy when you nail it.

The problem w/ your lottery analogy is that you can clearly see in this thread, many people think Lamar wouldnt have been worth what it would take, which is where I disagree and many called me a fool for thinking the league colluded. 

The "so far in the post season he's trash" has been addressed and ignored so whatever.  I got a very good feeling this wont be a thing after this postseason.

I think this was one of the most unique situations in league history, so I find it extremely interesting and worth talking about today and it does have to do w/ the Jets because technically, the Jets should have been a team to make an offer and instead gave up an ass load for an injured 40 year old QB instead of an injured 26 year old...and many on this site agreed w/ that logic and said verbatim "Lamar is damaged goods, washed up and far from his MVP days".

If it seems silly to you, cool, you are heard.  I find it interesting and as long as others are willing to keep it going and Lamar continues to prove me right, I'll join in the conversation and enjoy it. 

I'm rooting for Lamar to win it all because like him, I enjoy shutting up the haters.

• Post of the Week 1

26 minutes ago, JustInFudge said:

The problem w/ your lottery analogy is that you can clearly see in this thread, many people think Lamar wouldnt have been worth what it would take, which is where I disagree and many called me a fool for thinking the league colluded. 

There was no "what it would take" tho.

If Collusion, there would be no effort.

If not, the price was so high no one could/would pay it.

So there is no "right" to humble brag about.

The "so far in the post season he's trash" has been addressed and ignored so whatever.  I got a very good feeling this wont be a thing after this postseason.

Certainly a possibility.  He and the Ravens seem to be heating up rat the right time.

I think this was one of the most unique situations in league history, so I find it extremely interesting and worth talking about today and it does have to do w/ the Jets because technically, the Jets should have been a team to make an offer and instead gave up an ass load for an injured 40 year old QB instead of an injured 26 year old...and many on this site agreed w/ that logic and said verbatim "Lamar is damaged goods, washed up and far from his MVP days".

They didn't give up even half of a baseline offer for Lamar would have been.  Take Rodgers comp (both to acquire and pay) and triple, that was your starting point for a real offer Balt. might have had trouble matching/not accepting.

And again, Lamar-on-Ravens isn't Lamar-on-Jets.  Him being good there doesn't mean by default he'd have been good here.  Start with the system and O-line if you like.  We'll never know how he'd have been here, it's all pure, unsupported speculation.

I'm rooting for Lamar to win it all because like him, I enjoy shutting up the haters.

What happened to all that Jacksonville love?  Well, at least now maybe you'll have a postseason rooting interest to make things interesting for you, congrats on that.

5 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Peyton Manning started his playoff career 0-3, and the 3rd loss was the 41-0 disaster to our Jets. 

Also, the "running quarterback" you speak of has a 102.7 passer rating this season and a 98.0 passer rating for his career. As some of us tried to tell you LAST offseason, Lamar is a very good passer. 

To date, he has completed 64.5% of his passes, with 7.5 yards/attempt, 125 TDs, and 45 INTs (TD/INT ratio = 2.8)

This tired notion of Lamar being a "running QB" is soooo lazy. 

Plus he's had 4 playoff games and was the best player in the game in the playoff game they won against TN.  The narative he has sucked in the playoffs is amazingly dumb.  He was so good as a rookie and in year 2 they actually made the playoffs.  

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, Warfish said:

There was no "what it would take" tho.

If Collusion, there would be no effort.

If not, the price was so high no one could/would pay it.

So there is no "right" to humble brag about.

Certainly a possibility.  He and the Ravens seem to be heating up rat the right time.

They didn't give up even half of a baseline offer for Lamar would have been.  Take Rodgers comp (both to acquire and pay) and triple, that was your starting point for a real offer Balt. might have had trouble matching/not accepting.

And again, Lamar-on-Ravens isn't Lamar-on-Jets.  Him being good there doesn't mean by default he'd have been good here.  Start with the system and O-line if you like.  We'll never know how he'd have been here, it's all pure, unsupported speculation.

What happened to all that Jacksonville love?  Well, at least now maybe you'll have a postseason rooting interest to make things interesting for you, congrats on that.

There was no "what would it take" because nobody tried.  Some desperate team could have made a ridiculous offer and forced the Ravens hand.  If Collusion, well again, people told me I was wrong.  So I'll brag up about being right.  If not, people told me he wasnt worth, so they were wrong as well and I'll brag about being right.

They didnt up the same offer because the deal was shorter and Rodgers is older.  We dont know what the draft comp would have been but it would have been well worth it and I dont care about his contract, every other team w/ a superstar Qb figures it out and it's not like Rodgers is cheap.

Lamar not being Lamar on the Jets is just more dumb narrative, just like "he cant play in an open system"...well, he is, and he's going to win MVP.  So I'm comfortable w/ taking the chance that a 26 year old superstar would continue to be a superstar anywhere he went.

When I became a Jags fan, they lost 3 straight games, I turned back to the Jets and they won.  It's not fair to the Jags to ruin their team too.  Rather my toxicity only ruin the Jets @FidelioJet

• Post of the Week 3

1 hour ago, JustInFudge said:

There was no "what would it take" because nobody tried.  Some desperate team could have made a ridiculous offer and forced the Ravens hand.  If Collusion, well again, people told me I was wrong.  So I'll brag up about being right.  If not, people told me he wasnt worth, so they were wrong as well and I'll brag about being right.

They didnt up the same offer because the deal was shorter and Rodgers is older.  We dont know what the draft comp would have been but it would have been well worth it and I dont care about his contract, every other team w/ a superstar Qb figures it out and it's not like Rodgers is cheap.

Lamar not being Lamar on the Jets is just more dumb narrative, just like "he cant play in an open system"...well, he is, and he's going to win MVP.  So I'm comfortable w/ taking the chance that a 26 year old superstar would continue to be a superstar anywhere he went.

When I became a Jags fan, they lost 3 straight games, I turned back to the Jets and they won.  It's not fair to the Jags to ruin their team too.  Rather my toxicity only ruin the Jets @FidelioJet

OMG somebody get me a witness!! That’s just beautiful!!! Preach!!!!!

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, JustInFudge said:

You still have no evidence of collusion. 

Same way there is no evidence of the Jet Blue Conspiracy.  But that's America these days.

We dont know what the draft comp would have been

2x #1 picks at minimum.  We do know.

but it would have been well worth it and I dont care about his contract,

Which is why this take is so silly.  Of course we care about the contract.

every other team w/ a superstar Qb figures it out

Fans gonna Fan.

Lamar not being Lamar on the Jets is just more dumb narrative

No, "Lamar here is exactly the same as Lamar there" is the truly silly narrative.  

So I'm comfortable w/ taking the chance that a 26 year old superstar would continue to be a superstar anywhere he went.

No other NFL GM agreed with you at Lamar's cost demands and the comp required to the Ravens.  So yeah, easy to say, harder to do in real life.

Lol.

9 hours ago, JustInFudge said:

Ok, did you not see the stats I provided when playing from behind?  And I get it, the playoff things.  Again, I used Peyton Manning as an example of another great w/ a bad playoff record until he won the big one but if that doesnt register, lets try it this way:

Do you think Mark Sanchez is better than Lamar Jackson?  Because he has a better playoff record. 

I'll make it even simpler for you ...Lamar Jackson has one of the top 2 or 3 rosters in football and a complete team so cut the bullsh*t and go win a SB and don't sh*t the bed in the playoffs. I really don't care about any of the stats you posted ..not in the least. His playoff stats stink and unfortunately sh*tty stats wont win you a SB. And yes when you play for a team that good and that well rounded it is ALL ABOUT THE PLAYOFFS. 

Stop going to extreme levels to prove a point seriously mark sanchez ? jesus christ 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

I'll make it even simpler for you ...Lamar Jackson has one of the top 2 or 3 rosters in football and a complete team so cut the bullsh*t and go win a SB and don't sh*t the bed in the playoffs. I really don't care about any of the stats you posted ..not in the least. His playoff stats stink and unfortunately sh*tty stats wont win you a SB. And yes when you play for a team that good and that well rounded it is ALL ABOUT THE PLAYOFFS. 

Stop going to extreme levels to prove a point seriously mark sanchez ? jesus christ 

lol

19 hours ago, slimjasi said:

What are these "playoffs" you speak of? 

They sound fun!

They are out there somewhere....but in order to get there, you have to achieve these touchdown thingies that people always talk about.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, JustInFudge said:

I don't hate Lamar Jackson. I didn't agree with giving him a Deshaun Watson type contract, because that's what it would have taken to get the Ravens to not match the Jets offer, and on top of that the Ravens take the Jets first round pick in 2023 and 2024. I wouldn't mind Lamar Jackson for just the contract the Ravens gave him without giving up two first round picks, but that's not reality.

Should Lamar Jackson continue to perform in the playoffs like he has in the past, he'll be viewed as a choker. Champions raise their game in the playoffs, they don't throw 3 touchdowns 5 interceptions and fumble the ball 5 times. You seem to think Peyton Manning is the career comparison. I don't see it. They're totally different styles of quarterbacks. Until Lamar wins in the playoffs, he's just an entertaining quarterback in the regular season like Philip Rivers during his time with the Chargers.

Should Lamar win the Super Bowl, I will be happy for you and Lamar, but if he stinks ass like he has in the past, I'm gonna stunt on you. Ya dig? 

11 hours ago, Warfish said:

You still have no evidence of collusion. 

Same way there is no evidence of the Jet Blue Conspiracy.  But that's America these days.

2x #1 picks at minimum.  We do know.

Which is why this take is so silly.  Of course we care about the contract.

Fans gonna Fan.

No, "Lamar here is exactly the same as Lamar there" is the truly silly narrative.  

No other NFL GM agreed with you at Lamar's cost demands and the comp required to the Ravens.  So yeah, easy to say, harder to do in real life.

Lol.

I dont need hard evidence or the smoking gun, sir.  I just like, idk, use my brain and watched a Superstar, 26 year old MVP become available and then watched the same league that's is entirely predicated on the success of your QB proactively say they are not interested in changing their franchises pathetic fate by publicly claiming they are not interested in said player, which has literally, never happened in the NFL.  One of the teams who made such claim, has been looking for a Superstar QB for over 50 years and has the longest playoff drought in the 4 major sports in this country.  You want play the cute naive game where old powerful rich white men are all on the up and up, cool, I guess I just grew up in a different world.

No offense, the idea that you dont sign a Superstar because you fear that said player wont be the same here as they were there, is the dumbest of dumb sh*t I've ever heard.  By that ridiculously stupid logic, why does any team ever try to upgrade their roster w/ players from other teams? Lets just keep the same pathetic players and hope they get better or every year you nail the draft and ignore free agents altogether!  That will work out really well!  Imagine if the Dolphins or Bills, were like, "idk guys, jeez, should we sign Diggs or Hill?  They were great in Minn and KC but what if they idk, suddenly suck here?  I'm so scared!!!".   With that logic, I certainly hope the Jets dont try and upgrade their team through FA!!!!  Screw Mike Evans, screw DeVante Adams, they might not be good here!!!!   So dumb, dumbest of dumb.

This board and specifically, I have proved that my personal analysis is more accurate then the bozo's who scout and run teams, so I dont care what GM's think or did, beside the whole collusion part, I'm better then them and I enjoy gloating in how often I'm better then them.

Lamar is an elite talent behind a steel wall OL. His game breaking running combined with accuracy from the pocket when protected is a formidable combo.

He has taken his passing game to a new level.

Subtract the OL he becomes average to below average ... Like other QBs.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

I dont need hard evidence or the smoking gun, sir.  I just like, idk, use my brain and watched a Superstar, 26 year old MVP become available and then watched the same league that's is entirely predicated on the success of your QB proactively say they are not interested in changing their franchises pathetic fate by publicly claiming they are interested in said player, which has literally, never happened in the NFL.  One of the teams who made such claim, has been looking for a Superstar QB for over 50 years and has the longest playoff drought in the 4 major sports in this country.  You want play the cute naive game where old powerful rich white men are all on the up and up, cool, I guess I just grew up in a different world.
No offense, the idea that you dont sign a Superstar because you fear that said player wont be the same here as they were there, is the dumbest of dumb sh*t I've ever heard.  By that ridiculously stupid logic, why does any team ever try to upgrade their roster w/ players from other teams? Lets just keep the same pathetic players and hope they get better or every year you nail the draft and ignore free agents altogether!  That will work out really well!  Imagine if the Dolphins or Bills, were like, "idk guys, jeez, should we sign Diggs or Hill?  They were great in Minn and KC but what if they idk, suddenly suck here?  I'm so scared!!!".   With that logic, I certainly hope the Jets dont try and upgrade their team through FA!!!!  Screw Mike Evans, screw DeVante Adams, they might not be good here!!!!   So dumb, dumbest of dumb.
This board and specifically, I have proved that my personal analysis is more accurate then the bozo's who scout and run teams, so I dont care what GM's think or did, beside the whole collusion part, I'm better then them and I enjoy gloating in how often I'm better then them.

It's ok to be wrong ... Take a great player from a great organization with a great OL ... Put them in the worst organization with the worst OL ... The result probably won't be near the same.

8 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

I know Smash, I know....first it was, he's a running QB and cant pass.  Then it was, he wont stay healthy because he runs.  Then it was, he cant play while trailing.  Then it was, his team is stacked and they can win without him (3rd best Offense in the league drops to 31st w/out him).  And now you're joining the, he sucks in the playoff smooth brains.  And now you've doubled down on that and are saying, you cant win SB"s w/ sh*tty stats!!!!  

So lets continue w/ the same example because "unfortunately sh*tty stats wont win you a SB".   Here is Peyton Manning when he won his last SB.   Dude had Zach Wilson like #'s.  lmfao  Waive the white flag, Smash.  Give it up.  You lost.

PASSING RUSHING

POSTSEASON 51 92 539 55.4 5.9 2 1 34 9 47.9 28.4 5 10 2.0 0

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

I don't hate Lamar Jackson. I didn't agree with giving him a Deshaun Watson type contract, because that's what it would have taken to get the Ravens to not match the Jets offer, and on top of that the Ravens take the Jets first round pick in 2023 and 2024. I wouldn't mind Lamar Jackson for just the contract the Ravens gave him without giving up two first round picks, but that's not reality.

Should Lamar Jackson continue to perform in the playoffs like he has in the past, he'll be viewed as a choker. Champions raise their game in the playoffs, they don't throw 3 touchdowns 5 interceptions and fumble the ball 5 times. You seem to think Peyton Manning is the career comparison. I don't see it. They're totally different styles of quarterbacks. Until Lamar wins in the playoffs, he's just an entertaining quarterback in the regular season like Philip Rivers during his time with the Chargers.

Should Lamar win the Super Bowl, I will be happy for you and Lamar, but if he stinks ass like he has in the past, I'm gonna stunt on you. Ya dig? 

Got it.  So Lamar sucks because he hasnt been good in the playoffs....yet....at 26 year old but it was ok that Manning sucked throughout the playoffs and sucked ass during his final SB because you have hindsight to benefit from.  Got it.  Brilliant take. So deep.

I hope you can stunt on me because you need it but I got a very good feeling, I'll be the one revisiting this thread and once again, celebrating how right I was yet again.

• Post of the Week 1

40 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

It's ok to be wrong ... Take a great player from a great organization with a great OL ... Put them in the worst organization with the worst OL ... The result probably won't be near the same.

So you're part of the, "lets not sign good players because maybe they will suck here" crowd.  Solid, Dunnie!  Great approach to roster building!  I too wouldnt want Patrick Mahomes because omg what if he sucks here?

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Lamar is an elite talent behind a steel wall OL. His game breaking running combined with accuracy from the pocket when protected is a formidable combo.

He has taken his passing game to a new level.

Subtract the OL he becomes average to below average ... Like other QBs.

Sad Tim Robinson GIF by The Lonely Island

• Haha 1

So you're part of the, "lets not sign good players because maybe they will suck here" crowd.  Solid, Dunnie!  Great approach to roster building!  I too wouldnt want Patrick Mahomes because omg what if he sucks here?
No ... I'm in favor of rooting out the cause of the disease first and foremost.

11 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

No ... I'm in favor of rooting out the cause of the disease first and foremost.

Got it.  In the meantime, let’s not try to improve the roster with better players because it’s scary to think they might not be as good here then they were with their old team.  

Curious, does this brilliant logic apply to college players too?  

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, JustInFudge said:

Got it.  So Lamar sucks because he hasnt been good in the playoffs....yet....at 26 year old but it was ok that Manning sucked throughout the playoffs and sucked ass during his final SB because you have hindsight to benefit from.  Got it.  Brilliant take. So deep.

I hope you can stunt on me because you need it but I got a very good feeling, I'll be the one revisiting this thread and once again, celebrating how right I was yet again.

Lamar is not Peyton Manning. You're comparing apples to oranges when it comes to quarterbacks and style of play. It's about as stupid as saying Mark Sanchez is better than Lamar Jackson because he has more playoff wins. 

"How right I was yet again," said JustInFudge

What are you right about? The Jets were never giving Lamar the Deshaun Watson contract and giving up two first round picks. Until Lamar does something in the playoffs, what have you been right about?

The Ravens are a quality franchise that has a great team surrounding the quarterback. Hell, last year Tyler Huntley almost beat the Bengals on the road in the Wild Card round if not for that 14-point swing goal-line fumble that was returned for a touchdown.

Hope you're wrong, because I want to stunt you baby.

Got it.  In the meantime, let’s not try to improve the roster with better players because it’s scary to think they might not be as good here then they were with their old team.  

Curious, does this brilliant logic apply to college players too?  
The brilliant logic (appreciate the acknowledgement) means focus your efforts on the front office, scouting department and coaching staff ... Then turn your attention to build a team the right way .. retaining young affordable talent, bringing in new college talent targeted by the new scouting team, and signing younger monster free agents when fiscally possible. This is not rocket science.

Start with the trenches and build out.

43 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Lamar is not Peyton Manning. You're comparing apples to oranges when it comes to quarterbacks and style of play. It's about as stupid as saying Mark Sanchez is better than Lamar Jackson because he has more playoff wins. 

"How right I was yet again," said JustInFudge

What are you right about? The Jets were never giving Lamar the Deshaun Watson contract and giving up two first round picks. Until Lamar does something in the playoffs, what have you been right about?

The Ravens are a quality franchise that has a great team surrounding the quarterback. Hell, last year Tyler Huntley almost beat the Bengals on the road in the Wild Card round if not for that 14-point swing goal-line fumble that was returned for a touchdown.

Hope you're wrong, because I want to stunt you baby.

Lamar is not Peyton and Peyton is not Tom Brady and Tom Brady is not Aaron Rodgers...but they play the same position in the NFL, so the example is apples to apples.  It's why people compared positions and specifically, QB's.  Peyton Manning sucked in the playoffs before he won a SB, so in your estimation, Manning was not great, and actually sucked until he finally won a SB, then he became great.  I'm just showing you how stupid it sounds.

I'm right about everything and he didnt get Watson's contract and your playoff talk is dumb AF as I've shown you in 100 different ******* ways.

And the Ravens went from the 3rd overall offense w/ Lamar, to the 30th overall offense w/ Huntley.  They went from averaging 28pts a game to 13 pts a game w/  Huntley.  Huntley, lost 3 straight division games to close out the season, back to back vs. the Bengals.  The Ravens lost 4 games total w/ Lamar.  Huntley is ******* horrible but you're giving him cred and sh*tting on Lamar? 

Bro.  Brah.  Bruh.  Just stop.  It's like you like taking it on the chin over and over again.  And my brother, you aint going to be stunting on me...I hate this for you but I'll be doing another victory lap.  It's just how it is, stud.  Your boy is the Oracle.