Lamar Jackson Requests Trade

Maxman

On 3/27/2023 at 10:20 AM, Smashmouth said:

Rodgers personality is developed by the Media not by Rodgers himself. He stated the truth when GB routinely let really good players walk and while very close to a SB contender signed Rodgers replacement that at the time offered the team nothing. Rodgers came out of his retreat and was told by the Packers he was no longer in their plans. If we are going to let the media dictate players personalities to the fans then sports fans are truly lost. 

In the case of Lamar, he's been the one outspoken on social media. The Ravens have always been a class organization and they offered Lamar a very good deal . The guy is pushing hard for guaranteed money because he's probably damaged goods and he knows it. Regardless how he got injured he did get Injured and if people think that wont have an effect on the better part of his game and longevity there nuts. Even if fully healthy he's a bad QB anyway but an electric runner. So tell me how many RUNNING QB's have won SB's ? The Answer is 0 and that includes Josh Allen who by running the football fumbled away a few playoff games and he can throw the football.

Family Feud Lol GIF by Steve Harvey

• Haha 2

On 3/27/2023 at 10:28 AM, JustInFudge said:

The idea that Jackson is entitled and ungrateful for wanting what he deserves is enough while youre fine w/ being held hostage by Aaron Rodgers is all I need, thanks.

You think that about Lamar but I think you're wrong.  He's an extremely underrated passer which I've proven w/ stats over and over again on this site only to be ignored by the ignorant and he's been successful in a more open system in college where he won a Heisman.  It's not his fault the Ravens hired a guy to install an antiquated system for him to run his second year (in who they fired for a guy who runs a more open system), when he was winning games under Mornhinweg when Flacco couldnt as a rookie.  You cant argue the results w/ his performances their record w/ him but it's very naive to think a player of his talent at his age cant continue to evolve as a passer.  This isnt some chump like Zach Wilson, we're talking rare elite athleticism that is truly unrivaled in the history of this league. 

Nicolas Cage Wink GIF

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, JustInFudge said:

This received, 22 reputation points.  22.

I'm not sure who's worse at judging QB, JN or the Jets. 

Lots of JN posters are blind to how good Lamar is.

Only like a handful of us said he’s the mvp in that thread from like a week ago.

Lots of people still in denial.

On 3/28/2023 at 7:08 AM, jetblue95 said:

considering your "superstar" has missed 11 games in the last 2 seasons with injuries, i'm not so sure you will have him for the next decade.

also, his play the last 2 years isn't exactly "superstar" level.  on a per game basis over the last 2 years, he averages 213 yards passing, 1.375 TDs and 0.833 Ints, which over a theoretical 17 game season is 3416 yards, 22 TDs and 13.3 Ints.  add in about 1000 yards and 3.3 TDs for rushing.  certainly good, but not sure it's superstar level worthy of a huge guaranteed contract and two 1st rounders, especially given he's only played 24 of 34 regular season games these last 2 years.

as a point of comparison, justin herbert on a 17 game season over the last 2 years would be 4,589 yards, 29 TDs, 11.7 Ints, plus another 211 yards and 1.4 TDs rushing.  and he's played 34/34 games over these last 2 seasons.  and i'd put herbert in the category just below "superstar QB," although i'd love to have a player like him as the franchise QB for the jets. 

Season 9 Lol GIF by The Office

On 3/28/2023 at 7:15 AM, Matt39 said:

It feels like Jackson peaked in 2019. With the way he plays and the missed games it’s a huge risk to give him the whole guarantee. If he gets hurt or flames out you can’t pivot to another draft pick. With Wislon at least we know to move off.

Laughing Out Loud Lol GIF by Minions

• Haha 3

On 3/28/2023 at 7:25 AM, Dcat said:

You may have addressed the concerns but you surely didn't prove your case in any of those threads.  And I agree there is no need to repeat the counter arguments unless you've changed them significantly. As for the importance of draft picks, salary cap and guaranteed money...  these are vital to the development of the team, so Jets fans should care about that stuff.  When you say stuff like that stuff doesn't matter, then your pleas for Jackson just seem like a blind grab for Jackson and reckless as well.

Blushing I See You GIF by Dyo

On 3/28/2023 at 7:28 AM, JustInFudge said:

Funny but it's pretty ridiculous and that would be a disaster for the Jets but whatever.  The only reason why I want Lamar is because it's the best thing for the Jets.  I could give 2 sh*ts about him otherwise.  I'm not sure I've ever posted a single thing about him before this all percolated.  And I've said I'm fine w/ Rodgers but in comparison to going for Lamar, it's stupid.  Pretty simple.  I'm great w/ disagreeing but there isnt much conversation to be had if it's some form of dar dar dar Lamar sucks. 

Bow Thank You GIF by Out of Office

• Post of the Week 1

On 3/28/2023 at 8:09 AM, slats said:

I guess it’s a matter of coming around to your superstar status regarding Jackson that I currently don’t share. He’s a talented, exciting player -no doubt- but the next QB utilizing his style of play to win a championship will be the very first. Jackson has clearly demonstrated the primary issue when it comes to QBs who rush for 1000 yards a season: they get hurt, and miss games. Josh Allen is probably the first guy I’ve seen who’s been able to make something of the transition, but he’s still below average in comp%, still relies on his legs (over 700 yards the last two years), and still hasn’t reached the Super Bowl. He’s been to the playoffs four years in a row and has a 4-4 record. 

Lamar Jackson isn’t nearly as far along as a passer as Allen, and is 1-4 in the playoffs with a 55% comp, 3 TDs, and 5 ints. You can say MVP as many times as you like, but the harsh reality is that he hasn’t really come close to his MVP performance since that magical 2019 season (when they were the #1 seed and went 1 & done in the postseason). 

I get that you’re a huge fan, but no way is he worth the current asking price. He’s still more potential than sure thing. I continue to not be surprised by the lack of interest. 

I'll stop bumping if you just want to apologize...

• Haha 1

On 3/28/2023 at 8:54 AM, nycdan said:

I still can't fathom that people are using the MVP season as a basis for any debate on Lamar?  In what world is "he was really great 4 years ago" relevant to a football discussion about this upcoming season?  Ironically, some of the same people are perfectly willing to dismiss Rodgers' back-to-back MVP seasons from the following two seasons because...well I don't know why exactly.

Nick Offerman Laughing GIF

On 3/29/2023 at 7:52 AM, jetblue95 said:

burrow tore his ACL/MCL his rookie year and hasn't missed a game since.  he's also a vastly better player than jackson and has a 5-2 career playoff record...for the freakin bengals...

hurts is the better comparable in terms of style to jackson.  since becoming a starter, he's missed 2 games in each of 2021 & 2022.  he's also been significantly better than jackson the last 2 seasons and just took his team to the super bowl.

so sure, lamar can sit out and wait for these guys to get new deals.  it will set a ceiling for what he should be paid, which is less than either

I'll off you the same, want to apologize?  Or  keep bumping.  lol

On 3/29/2023 at 9:18 AM, jetblue95 said:

of course, part of the reason for the disparity in record from when lamar plays and when he doesn't is that (i) they need to craft a specific offense around his unique skill set, and (ii) they don't have a suitable replacement to run said offense when he misses games with injuries, something that has happened with increasing frequency the last 2 years.

so the question is - do you want to commit such a large, guaranteed contract (and give up two 1st rounders) for a player who needs a specific offense crafted around him, largely to take advantage of his mobility, while also factoring in that he has ended on the injured reserve for each of the last two seasons.  furthermore, his production has declined somewhat dramatically from his MVP level in 2019, and given his value is greatly enhanced by his mobility, will he continue to decline as wear and tear and injuries continue to take their toll?

Steve Harvey Wow GIF by NBC

On 3/29/2023 at 9:51 AM, slimjasi said:

Honestly? The last thing Lamar should be doing is sitting out. He needs to get back on the field ASAP and remind people how good he is. 

I think what you are missing in a lot of your pro-Lamar rants is that Lamar isn't trending in the right direction. Burrow and Hurts are. It's all about "what have you done for me lately "- I know you know this. You bring up Burrow's injury history, but the fact is, after a brutal season ending injury in his rookie year, he hasn't missed a game since and has led his team to back to back AFC title games and a SB. He's trending up. Hurts has missed 4 games in the past two years, but also just had an MVP caliber season and led his team to the SB. He's trending up. Meanwhile, Lamar has failed to finish the last two seasons with his team in a playoff race (in 2021, his team was the #1 seed in the AFC when he got hurt and in 2022 they were in position to win the AFC North when he got hurt) and his numbers have steadily declined since his MVP year. He's trending down. 

If Lamar was the MVP this past season, I think he'd have a deal right now. 

Cracking Up Lol GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Haha 1

On 3/29/2023 at 7:50 PM, Beerfish said:

213, 318, 218, 144, 174, 210, 120, 238, 133, 209, 254

Mahomes hardly had a murders row of WRs, Rodgers had two rookies.

Deshaun watson worst full passing year for houston was like 700 yards more than lamars best year.

Lamar is a rare talent and would make a lot of teams better, the whole issue is his play style vs injuries vs contract.

To be 'Lamar' he has to run like lamar, once he starts protecting himself or having a team protect him imo he becomes a middle of the road Qb in this league and this not worth the massive contract.

Laughter Laughing GIF

On 3/30/2023 at 4:55 PM, JohnnyLV said:

Pure and simple, Lamar Jackson is an idiot. Flat out. He is completely delusional thinking that in any world a team is going to guarantee him $250 million. Just is not happening.

But that is not what makes him an idiot.

In their first five years Josh Allen has made $85 million and Jackosn $23 million. That's $62 million. At the end of the upcoming 2 tags he will be behind around $80 million. Jackson is never ever going to make up that difference.

EVER. He brags he turned down 3 years/$133 million fully guaranteed with possibility of another huge contract after 3 years. So he's over $100 million behind his OWN contract offers. An agent would have explained this to him. Now all he can do is whine and complain, play the race card and of course hold out putting himself even farther behind.

Feeling Dumb Jim Carrey GIF

19 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Was is really that people didn't want Lamar?

Or more that most of us understood the reality that there was no chance he was actually going to be traded.  

It was never a realistic scenario....

nah. Reading this thread, pretty clear that people didn't want Lamar. Thought he was a declining player, with injury risk, who was asking for more than he was worth. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

nah. Reading this thread, pretty clear that people didn't want Lamar. Thought he was a declining player, with injury risk, who was asking for more than he was worth. 

And instead they got their wish, and it didnt cost picks and the player had no injury risk and was super duper cheap, oh wait, never mind...

1 hour ago, JustInFudge said:

Blushing I See You GIF by Dyo

ok child...     .....so the next time Lamar tears a ligament or something, particularly if Aaron Rodgers is back to health and starting for the Jets at that time,  I can wave right backatcha.  Cool the way that works.  Then it will be your turn again.  And you acting as if people said Lamar wasn't a good player.  Sorry, but nope.

16 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Meanwhile slats wanted everyone to have PVO and patience with Zach Wilson.

Yikes. 

He banned another person who had an eerie resemblance to me in 2019 who kept disagreeing with him when he said the same about Sam Darnold. 

TBF though I might have also told about 50 other people every week how much Sam sucked.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JustInFudge said:

You honestly have to wonder why anyone would ever challenge me again in a debate on this forum.  It’s almost like I’m the Oracle from the Matrix, you have to wonder if I didn’t say it, would it have come true?

edit: @TuscanyTile2

But, aren't you the guy that said Georgia was never going to lose again.  Like ever.  Until the end of time.  How'd that one work out for ya, Nostradamus. 

Cause it didn't work out so well for me.

• Haha 4