Lamar Jackson Requests Trade

Maxman

13 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

True, but Saleh and Hackett are not long for their jobs. Easily replaceable/forgettable. 

Which would matter, perhaps, if we were seeking Lamar today.

At the time, they (Saleh and Co.) were not on a hot seat of any kind.

Lamar is a 26 year old NFL MVP.

Who is 1-3 in the Playoffs, with a 55.5% comp. rate, a 3 TD to 5 INT ratio, and a nearly Wilsonesque career playoff 68.8 QB rating.

Please, lets not inflate a guy who has done absolutely nothing in the postseason as yet into Joe Montana.

I do agree that the Ravens were never letting him walk. 

Which is really the only point that matters, ultimately, on this topic.

The Jets offering up 2x #1 Picks to the Ravens (which we didn't have, and would have required a trade to obtain) and a 300 million contract to Lamar, and then failing to have the Ravens allow it or Lamar to accept it, would have just been jokingly embarrassing.  A very Same Old Jets moment of rejection.

Worse, imagine we did somehow get him under those terms, and he, behind our slipshod O-line, get nailed after 4 plays and tears his Achilles.  A far worse injury for a run-based QB.  Just imagine that situation for a hot minute, lol.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

So weird that a team that hasn’t sniffed a playoff game in more than a decade and people are talking about a QB they don’t want because he hasn’t won enough playoff games.  Let’s get to the f-ing post season before we cry about not wanting a QB who at least has.

Lamar was obviously not available but any Jet fan that still insist on not ever wanting him deserves what they get. This unbelievable dysfunctional franchise that will likely NEVER reach a playoff game. But yeah, thank God we didn’t make a mistake in LaMar! Haha

For sure...and the lengths dudes were going to find reasons he's really not actually all that great.

For me, it's about the why?  Why didnt a team make an offer and push the Ravens to do something?  Why did teams actively come out and say they werent interested in the MVP of the league?  We obviously see it's not the stupid narratives people created.  He was playing at an MVP level last year too and followed it up w/ an MVP season.  It's certainly not about cost.  Look at what the Jets paid and gave up for a 40 year old nut job QB.  It couldnt be about injury because that super expensive old QB played 4 snaps and Lamar is about to lead his team into that playoffs as the #1 seed w/out missing a snap.  So again, that dude was worth the cost and picks but making an offer to the Ravens, was not?  Okay.  Cool.  So what was it then?  And if it was not worth it to the most pathetic and desperate franchise in all of sports...then why not another pathetic NFL team?   

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

The key point to any and all of my posts on this topic.

I'd counter that presuming Lamar-on-Ravens would be the same as Lamar-on-Jets is a claim without any evidence to support it.  Baltimore has built their offense and system around Lamar.  Do you see Hackett, or Saleh, doing that?  I don't.  I'd see them more likely shoving a hexagonal peg into a rhombus hole no matter how poorly it fits, and coaching/playcalling Lamar to try and win 3-0, same as usual.

No point owning a Ferrari if you're a speed averse obese 98 year old with poor vision and a hatred of the color red. 

No argument there. But, if it did happen I would imagine us getting Hacket wouldn’t be part of the equation. We only did that because we went all in on Rodgers. Truth is LaFleur could have very likely have done  something  with him. So run Hackett over with that Red Ferrari, blame it on our poor eyesight then profit. We would be playing  for home field advantage in the playoffs Sunday with LaMar.  

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

Lamar Jackson aint won or done jack sh*t in the playoffs. He needs to raise his game and win in the playoffs or become the T-Mac of the NFL.

Most QB’s haven’t till they have. Peyton and Elway both won later in their career. We haven’t even sniffed the playoffs in a decade. You can’t win a playoff game till you make the playoffs. Such a silly argument. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

5 minutes ago, JustInFudge said:

For sure...and the lengths dudes were going to find reasons he's really not actually all that great.

For me, it's about the why?  Why didnt a team make an offer and push the Ravens to do something?  Why did teams actively come out and say they werent interested in the MVP of the league?  We obviously see it's not the stupid narratives people created.  He was playing at an MVP level last year too and followed it up w/ an MVP season.  It's certainly not about cost.  Look at what the Jets paid and gave up for a 40 year old nut job QB.  It couldnt be about injury because that super expensive old QB played 4 snaps and Lamar is about to lead his team into that playoffs as the #1 seed w/out missing a snap.  So again, that dude was worth the cost and picks but making an offer to the Ravens, was not?  Okay.  Cool.  So what was it then?  And if it was not worth it to the most pathetic and desperate franchise in all of sports...then why not another pathetic NFL team?   

I can’t believe the he has done nothing on the playoffs argument. Haha, yeah so I wouldn’t take Burrow, Allen or Hurts either, because they haven’t done anything in the playoffs, except make it!! HaHa, Give me MaHommes or nobody!!! 

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Who is 1-3 in the Playoffs, with a 55.5% comp. rate, a 3 TD to 5 INT ratio, and a nearly Wilsonesque career playoff 68.8 QB rating.

What are these "playoffs" you speak of? 

They sound fun!

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Stop it. I refuse to admit how many times  I Spanked  to her watching True Lies, 

Yes, that combined with Madonna pouring milk over he shoulder in whatever video that was ruined one pack of tube socks after another.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Yes, that combined with Madonna pouring milk over he shoulder in whatever video that was ruined one pack of tube socks after another.

Madonna in the "Like a Prayer" video, with dark curly hair, and that dress that kept falling down off her considerable assets, was truly peak Madonna for me personally.

fB1I5p.gif

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Most QB’s haven’t till they have. Peyton and Elway both won later in their career. We haven’t even sniffed the playoffs in a decade. You can’t win a playoff game my opinion that  you make the playoffs. Such a silly argument. 

First off, a Lamar Jackson trade was never happening. The Ravens were just trying to get some other team to negotiate a contract for them. Even if the Ravens declined to match another teams offer, I don't see the value in trading not one but two first round picks for a running quarterback. This is the same Lamar Jackson I've seen since 2019. Nothing has happened to change my opinion of Lamar Jackson or my opinion of some fairytale Lamar Jackson trade, one which the Jets give up two 1st rd picks and a contract similar to the one Deshaun Watson got in Cleveland, because that was the insanity it would have took to get the Ravens to not match an offer. What is silly is comparing Lamar Jackson to Peyton Manning because Lamar has stank so bad in the playoffs. Almost as silly as telling everyone to look at Peyton Manning's rookie season because the latest Jets 1st round whiff at quarterback threw a lot of interceptions in his rookie season.

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

First off, a Lamar Jackson trade was never happening. The Ravens were just trying to get some other team to negotiate a contract for them. Even if the Ravens declined to match another teams offer, I don't see the value in trading not one but two first round picks for a running quarterback. This is the same Lamar Jackson I've seen since 2019. Nothing has happened to change my opinion of Lamar Jackson or my opinion of some fairytale Lamar Jackson trade, one which the Jets give up two 1st rd picks and a contract similar to the one Deshaun Watson got in Cleveland, because that was the insanity it would have took to get the Ravens to not match an offer. What is silly is comparing Lamar Jackson to Peyton Manning because Lamar has stank so bad in the playoffs. Almost as silly as telling everyone to look at Peyton Manning's rookie season because the latest Jets 1st round whiff at quarterback threw a lot of interceptions in his rookie season.

^^^^ still wont post Mannings playoffs stats and record before winning SB

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, playtowinthegame said:

I already agreed it was never happening. I simply used Peyton and Elway to show that some QB’s take longer than others to play well enough in the post season to win a championship. Your running QB is still in top half in passing yards in league, but yeah, it’s bad he can run too. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, JustInFudge said:

^^^^ still wont post Mannings playoffs stats and record before winning SB

If the league was conspiring against Lamar, as you contend, then the question is moot as well.

So two of the likely causes, 1. Collusion and 2. Excessive Cost, Risk and the Ravens Matching, mean the entire concept is moot.

So what's the point at tilting at windmills over it now?

don-quixote-windmill.jpg

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

If the league was conspiring against Lamar, as you contend, then the question is moot as well.

So two of the likely causes, 1. Collusion and 2. Excessive Cost, Risk and the Ravens Matching, mean the entire concept is moot.

don-quixote-windmill.jpg

Jets suck and rather run head first  into a spinning windmill than talk about them anymore? 

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

don-quixote-windmill.jpg

Well, fwiw, I didnt bump this thread originally and I had just seen Smash's most recent post and new narrative about how Lamar actually sucks because he's not good while trailing and the continued Lamar actually sucks because look at his playoff record.  lol  So I was just continuing the conversation that was restarted by someone else and kept alive by other posters, while also basking in my rightness on the topic.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Peyton Manning started his playoff career 0-3, and the 3rd loss was the 41-0 disaster to our Jets. 

Also, the "running quarterback" you speak of has a 102.7 passer rating this season and a 98.0 passer rating for his career. As some of us tried to tell you LAST offseason, Lamar is a very good passer. 

To date, he has completed 64.5% of his passes, with 7.5 yards/attempt, 125 TDs, and 45 INTs (TD/INT ratio = 2.8)

This tired notion of Lamar being a "running QB" is soooo lazy. 

Woah, slim dropping knowledge like my blood sugar on my way all the way back to the fridge!! 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

This tired notion of Lamar being a "running QB" is soooo lazy.

Look at his stats. He's played this well before in 2019 through the 2020 season. How is it lazy to call a guy with 5,258 yards rushing in 77 starts being lazy? It's a fact he is a running quarterback.

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

11 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Look at his stats. He's played this well before in 2019 through the 2020 season. 

Yes, he was the MVP in 2019. He's really fricken good, which is the main point, of course. 

11 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

How is it lazy to call a guy with 5,258 yards rushing in 77 starts being lazy? It's a fact he is a running quarterback.

"running quarterback" is a subjective label, so use it as much as you want. However, folks seem to use that to imply that a guy is "run first" or "run only" and that isn't remotely true with Lamar. He's a very good passer with excellent passing production for his career. Yes, he is also a brilliant runner. 

• Post of the Week 2

13 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Look at his stats. He's played this well before in 2019 through the 2020 season. How is it lazy to call a guy with 5,258 yards rushing in 77 starts being lazy? It's a fact he is a running quarterback.

Because you’re ignoring his passing abilities?  There’s a difference between a “running QB” and a “Qb who can run”.  

The former makes me think of Vick, who was a terrible thrower from an accuracy standpoint and was only effective when he could just toss it up with his big arm to a deep threat like DeSean Jackson.  

Lamar is in the latter camp that includes guys like Steve Young, Elway, Steve McNair, etc.  

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Because you’re ignoring his passing abilities?  There’s a difference between a “running QB” and a “Qb who can run”.  

The former makes me think of Vick, who was a terrible thrower from ann anccuracy standpoint annd was only effective when he could just toss it up with his big arm to a deep threat like DeSean Jackson.  Lamar is in the latter camp that includes guys like Steve Young, Elway, Steve McNair, etc.  

The more you run as a quarterback, usually means the shorter your career at quarterback. It's that simple.  I never said he wasn't a good passer. I said he sucks in the playoffs. I know if he doesn't play well in the playoffs this year and the Ravens get bounced by Grandpa Joe Flacco and the Browns, I'll be bumping this thread like a mother ****er. 

4 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

The more you run as a quarterback, usually means the shorter your career at quarterback. It's that simple.  I never said he wasn't a good passer. I said he sucks in the playoffs. I know if he doesn't play well in the playoffs this year and the Ravens get bounced by Grandpa Joe Flacco and the Browns, I'll be bumping this thread like a mother ****er. 

Oh so now it’s about injuries?  Ok then buddy.  Guess there’s lots of QBs about to get hurt then because most of the leagues QBs run quite often these days.  

Meanwhile weren’t most of the major QB injuries this year happening to pocket guys like Burrow, Cousins and Rodgers?  Hmmm….

As for the playoff bump:  Good luck with that.  

3 hours ago, JustInFudge said:

lmfao - are you seriously still trying to create a reason why Lamar actually kind of sucks?   And now your narrative is, Lamar is only good because the Ravens are good and he is not good when playing from behind?  That's what you're pivoting too? Like, really?   lol

You know you can find this data, right?  Like it's readily available w/ just a couple of clicks and you dont just have to make things up to support a narrative that you've created out of thin air.  

Here is this season and below it is for his career  There is something a bit different about Lamar's stats when trailing or behind in a game.  Crazy, I know because it blows you're new narrative out of the water but check out how "haunting" his stats are when trailing...he plays better!  And in total, Lamar has 8 4th quarter game winning drives and 10 come back victories in his career.  Again, all available w/ a few clicks. 

Passing Rushing
Split Value Cmp Att Inc Cmp% Yds TD 1D Int Rate Sk Yds Y/A AY/A Att Yds Y/A TD 1D
Split Value Cmp Att Inc Cmp% Yds TD 1D Int Rate Sk Yds Y/A AY/A Att Yds Y/A TD 1D
Score Differential Leading 170 259 89 65.64 2119 17 93 5 104.7 26 -155 8.2 8.63 98 489 5.0 1 26
  Tied 67 100 33 67.00 730 0 35 1 84.2 4 -27 7.3 6.85 30 173 5.8 3 13
  Trailing 70 98 28 71.43 829 7 39 1 116.4 7 -36 8.5 9.43 20 159 8.0 1 9

Passing Rushing
Score Differential Leading 650 1040 390 62.50 7817 73 378 28 97.7 85 -442 7.5 7.71 478 2728 5.7 12 155
  Tied 332 503 171 66.00 3530 16 173 10 88.6 37 -179 7.0 6.76 200 1219 6.1 7 78
  Trailing 380 569 189 66.78 4540 36 215 7 106.9 47 -238 8.0 8.69 197 1311 6.7 10 82

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/comeback.cgi?player=JackLa00

Not sure where at all in my post I say Lamar sucks , My only gripe is him falling behind and not being able to deal with that so I'm not sure where you are taking that ? When Lamar wins some playoff games and learns how to win coming from behind like all the greats do I'll give him 100% of the credit he deserves but not until he proves he can do it. I said the same thing about Manning when he was losing in the playoffs every year also the same about Josh Allen. Prove you can win in the playoffs and then you get the label of being a great QB. 

40 minutes ago, JustInFudge said:

Well, fwiw, I didnt bump this thread originally and I had just seen Smash's most recent post and new narrative about how Lamar actually sucks because he's not good while trailing and the continued Lamar actually sucks because look at his playoff record.  lol  So I was just continuing the conversation that was restarted by someone else and kept alive by other posters, while also basking in my rightness on the topic.

Aye, wasn't an accusation JiF, more just a "what's the point" question.  As noted, both scenarios means there was 0% chance that Lamar was ever going to be a Jet.  It was always akin to crying and being mad because you're not winning the lottery and you want to.  Ok, yeah, we all want to, but it isn't happening, so why the necro'd 28 page thread about it?  There is no "right" here, because again, there was no situation where he winds up a Jet, and no certainty that as a Jet he's what he is as a Raven, especially with our O-line.

Lamar doesn't suck, he's shown that in the regular season on a team designed around his talents, he is extremely effective and productive.  So far, in the post-season, he's trash, but he will get another chance this year to show that is no longer the case.

But it doesn't really have anything to do with the Jets.  As noted, if the league was colluding, he wasn't coming here.  If the league wasn't colluding, then clearly the combo of cost to acquire, risk of running QB injury/injury history, and the Ravens right of refusal scared everyone away, and he wasn't coming here.  There is no real world situation where he was coming here.  Like winning the lottery, it was never going to happen for us.

/shrug, just seems silly, but I think alot of the talk here similar to this (why didn't we tank for Lawrence, why didn't we pick Mahomes, why this, why that) is equally silly at this point.  Look forward, not backwards.  At least forward can still be changed/fixed.  Low odds, o' course, but still.

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Oh so now it’s about injuries?  Ok then buddy.  Guess there’s lots of QBs about to get hurt then because most of the leagues QBs run quite often these days.  

Meanwhile weren’t most of the major QB injuries this year happening to pocket guys like Burrow and Rodgers?  Hmmm….

As for the playoff bump:  Good luck with that.  

Like this thread isn't going to be bumped by the peanut butter lover, Jif, if Lamar takes the Ravens to the Super Bowl, or "gulps" wins the Super Bowl. 

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Like this thread isn't going to be bumped by the peanut butter lover, Jif, if Lamar takes the Ravens to the Super Bowl, or "gulps" wins the Super Bowl. 

Why shouldn’t he?  Lamar being a bad passer/playoff choker/injury risky running Qb are all awful takes and deserve to be mocked when the chickens come home to roost.  

Dude is about to win his 2nd NFL MVP for pete’s sake and far too many JNers had zero interest in him if he had been available.  Absurd.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1