Lamar Jackson Requests Trade

Maxman

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

I think we’d be winning the division with Lamar Jackson.  Probably with relative ease.  

OK, fair enough. 

Realistically, was he available? What did he sign for with the Ravens, and what would the Jets have had to give to the Ravens in return (on top of the salary/contract)?

Just now, Warfish said:

This is the oddest woulda-coulda-shoulda-fantasy-thread on JN, when it's obvious Baltimore was matching any deal offered and Lamar would still be a Raven today regardless. 

Thank you. 

It's sad that someone would want to take a victory lap because the Ravens are having a great season (so far). 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Warfish said:

This is the oddest woulda-coulda-shoulda-fantasy-thread on JN, when it's obvious Baltimore was matching any deal offered and Lamar would still be a Raven today regardless. 

I mean sure but some here didn’t even want Jackson had he really been available, and those folks look pretty silly with their takes in this thread.  

And some wouldn’t even want him now, lol.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I mean sure but some here didn’t even want Jackson had he really been available, and those folks look pretty silly with their takes in this thread.  

Eh, all of look silly from time to time. 

Lamar was never going to be a Jet, so all that sound and fury, then and now, was always for nothing.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ron Rico said:

Whats the point? If the Jets had done something even dumber than the Rasputin Rodgers trade, and gave the Ravens everything they would have had to to get LJ (assuming it was ever even an option), or they just signed Baker Mayfield as a FA.

Tell me, young man of wisdom, what would the Jets record be with LJ and/or Baker Mayfield? 

I mean, they’d be a thousand times better with either guy. Can’t really give a specific record - butterfly effect and all that. 

Either way, you sound like a lunatic suggesting that 786 yards and 5 TDs of extra production from the QB position isn’t significant. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

On 12/28/2023 at 6:13 AM, JustInFudge said:

Oh my bad, I didn’t realize he was still “whining and complaining and pulling the race card” with a big new contract, a shiny new MVP trophy and the first seed in the playoffs.  

My post was about the lost money and that he would never make it back up. Still true. His negotation tactic became that but that was not the point of my post.

LAMAR JACKSON PLAYOFF GAMES LOG

Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Rush Rush Rush Fumb Fumb
Year Tm   Opp Result Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD Int Rate Yds Att Yds TD Fmb FL
        1-3-0 76 136 55.88 900 3 5 68.3 113 54 367 1 5 2
2018 BAL   LAC L 17-23 14 29 48.28 194 2 1 78.8 55 9 54 0 3 1
2019 BAL   TEN L 12-28 31 59 52.54 365 1 2 63.2 20 20 143 0 1 1
2020 BAL @ TEN W 20-13 17 24 70.83 179 0 1 74.8 14 16 136 1 0 0
2020 BAL @ BUF L 3-17 14 24 58.33 162 0 1 61.5 24 9 34 0 1 0

Lamar is a losing quarterback in the playoffs with more interceptions and fumbles (10) than touchdowns (4).

At least Lamar has 1 more win in the playoffs than Derek Carr. lol

2 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

Lamar is a losing quarterback in the playoffs with more interceptions and fumbles (10) than touchdowns (4).

Fun!  Now do Peyton Manning before he finally won the SB. 

• Upvote 3

On 12/28/2023 at 5:03 PM, slimjasi said:

I mean, they’d be a thousand times better with either guy. Can’t really give a specific record - butterfly effect and all that. 

Either way, you sound like a lunatic suggesting that 786 yards and 5 TDs of extra production from the QB position isn’t significant. 

The Ravens running game is awesome, no doubt. LJ is the team leading rusher, but Gus Edwards is close behind with 694 yards. Their last game against the Dolphins very well could decide who gets home field advantage in the AFC during the playoffs. 

37 minutes ago, Ron Rico said:

The Ravens running game is awesome, no doubt. LJ is the team leading rusher, but Gus Edwards is close behind with 694 yards. Their last game against the Dolphins very well could decide who gets home field advantage in the AFC during the playoffs. 

It will

ravens win and they officially clinch 

dolphins win and I think they likely beat Buffalo the last week at home to clinch 

• Upvote 1

On 12/28/2023 at 5:40 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Go back in time when we were discussing his value as a QB. He was coming off a PCL injury where he missed five games and nobody really knew what his physical condition was. Tossing a QB with an injury history, who might have lingering injury effects, behind the Jets OL with an injury history and a poor record of blocking isn't exactly a recipe for a successful season.

Take last year's injury out of the equation. Is this offense with Hackett running it really built for Jackson to succeed? Is the roster? What level of confidence do you have that Jackson would have an equivalent season here with this offensive roster and OC? 

Given his injury risk with his style of play, IMO, there is a high probability that we could have ended up in the same boat with that world class backup QB. 

I was in the no lamar camp, but even if the jets did want him, he was never really available. He was seeking a fully guaranteed contract. The NFL owners colluded and made sure that the deshaun Watson contract was a one off contract and not the start of fully guaranteed contracts for QBs. No teams made any offers. Odd isn’t it? No, not really. 

• Upvote 1

On 12/30/2023 at 6:20 AM, playtowinthegame said:

The Ravens are a very good to great football team they were running wide open all day vs the Dolphins and Lamar took full advantage of that. The key to Lamar is to get ahead and stay ahead in games which him and this team are fully capable of. The one thing that has haunted Lamar is falling behind by a few TD's and being forced to play out of that element of playing with a lead. 

Lamar and the Ravens are capable of crushing every team they play and playing with a lead throughout the playoffs and in that case they will win a SB . Lamar is great without Pressure and he is ordinary with pressure and playing from behind. It will be interesting to see how this plays out and if they do fall behind in a game if Lamar can beat down those demons with a big come from behind victory.

At this stage going by history says Lamar can't get through the playoffs or win when falling behind lets see if he can get past that .

On 1/1/2024 at 1:35 PM, Smashmouth said:

The Ravens are a very good to great football team they were running wide open all day vs the Dolphins and Lamar took full advantage of that. The key to Lamar is to get ahead and stay ahead in games which him and this team are fully capable of. The one thing that has haunted Lamar is falling behind by a few TD's and being forced to play out of that element of playing with a lead. 

Lamar and the Ravens are capable of crushing every team they play and playing with a lead throughout the playoffs and in that case they will win a SB . Lamar is great without Pressure and he is ordinary with pressure and playing from behind. It will be interesting to see how this plays out and if they do fall behind in a game if Lamar can beat down those demons with a big come from behind victory.

At this stage going by history says Lamar can't get through the playoffs or win when falling behind lets see if he can get past that .

lmfao - are you seriously still trying to create a reason why Lamar actually kind of sucks?   And now your narrative is, Lamar is only good because the Ravens are good and he is not good when playing from behind?  That's what you're pivoting too? Like, really?   lol

You know you can find this data, right?  Like it's readily available w/ just a couple of clicks and you dont just have to make things up to support a narrative that you've created out of thin air.  

Here is this season and below it is for his career  There is something a bit different about Lamar's stats when trailing or behind in a game.  Crazy, I know because it blows you're new narrative out of the water but check out how "haunting" his stats are when trailing...he plays better!  And in total, Lamar has 8 4th quarter game winning drives and 10 come back victories in his career.  Again, all available w/ a few clicks. 

Passing Rushing
Split Value Cmp Att Inc Cmp% Yds TD 1D Int Rate Sk Yds Y/A AY/A Att Yds Y/A TD 1D
Split Value Cmp Att Inc Cmp% Yds TD 1D Int Rate Sk Yds Y/A AY/A Att Yds Y/A TD 1D
Score Differential Leading 170 259 89 65.64 2119 17 93 5 104.7 26 -155 8.2 8.63 98 489 5.0 1 26
  Tied 67 100 33 67.00 730 0 35 1 84.2 4 -27 7.3 6.85 30 173 5.8 3 13
  Trailing 70 98 28 71.43 829 7 39 1 116.4 7 -36 8.5 9.43 20 159 8.0 1 9

Passing Rushing
Score Differential Leading 650 1040 390 62.50 7817 73 378 28 97.7 85 -442 7.5 7.71 478 2728 5.7 12 155
  Tied 332 503 171 66.00 3530 16 173 10 88.6 37 -179 7.0 6.76 200 1219 6.1 7 78
  Trailing 380 569 189 66.78 4540 36 215 7 106.9 47 -238 8.0 8.69 197 1311 6.7 10 82

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/comeback.cgi?player=JackLa00

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

all ya'll Lamar Jackson sucks smooth brains need to legit walk the plank.   You can join the Justin Fields is actually worse then Zach Wilson crew.  Great population control exercise to remove the low IQ people off the globe. 

• Haha 2

On 12/28/2023 at 7:04 PM, Warfish said:

Plus we have no idea how good Lamar's GM and coaching chops are.  

• Haha 1

So weird that a team that hasn’t sniffed a playoff game in more than a decade and people are talking about a QB they don’t want because he hasn’t won enough playoff games.  Let’s get to the f-ing post season before we cry about not wanting a QB who at least has.

Lamar was obviously not available but any Jet fan that still insist on not ever wanting him deserves what they get. This unbelievable dysfunctional franchise that will likely NEVER reach a playoff game. But yeah, thank God we didn’t make a mistake in LaMar! Haha

• Upvote 4

28 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

So weird that a team that hasn’t sniffed a playoff game in more than a decade and people are talking about a QB they don’t want because he hasn’t won enough playoff games.  Let’s get to the f-ing post season before we cry about not wanting a QB who at least has.

Lamar was obviously not available but any Jet fan that still insist on not ever wanting him deserves what they get. This unbelievable dysfunctional franchise that will likely NEVER reach a playoff game. But yeah, thank God we didn’t make a mistake in LaMar! Haha

Lamar Jackson aint won or done jack sh*t in the playoffs. He needs to raise his game and win in the playoffs or become the T-Mac of the NFL.

31 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Lamar was obviously not available

The key point to any and all of my posts on this topic.

31 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

but any Jet fan that still insist on not ever wanting him deserves what they get. 

I'd counter that presuming Lamar-on-Ravens would be the same as Lamar-on-Jets is a claim without any evidence to support it.  Baltimore has built their offense and system around Lamar.  Do you see Hackett, or Saleh, doing that?  I don't.  I'd see them more likely shoving a hexagonal peg into a rhombus hole no matter how poorly it fits, and coaching/playcalling Lamar to try and win 3-0, same as usual.

No point owning a Ferrari if you're a speed averse obese 98 year old with poor vision and a hatred of the color red. 

• Post of the Week 1

On 12/28/2023 at 6:40 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

People are WILD 

• Post of the Week 1

50 minutes ago, Warfish said:

The key point to any and all of my posts on this topic.

I'd counter that presuming Lamar-on-Ravens would be the same as Lamar-on-Jets is a claim without any evidence to support it.  Baltimore has built their offense and system around Lamar.  Do you see Hackett, or Saleh, doing that?  I don't.  I'd see them more likely shoving a hexagonal peg into a rhombus hole no matter how poorly it fits, and coaching/playcalling Lamar to try and win 3-0, same as usual.

No point owning a Ferrari if you're a speed averse obese 98 year old with poor vision and a hatred of the color red. 

True, but Saleh and Hackett are not long for their jobs. Easily replaceable/forgettable. 

Lamar is a 26 year old NFL MVP. 

I do agree that the Ravens were never letting him walk. 

59 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Lamar Jackson aint won or done jack sh*t in the playoffs. He needs to raise his game and win in the playoffs or become the T-Mac of the NFL.

I remember when you posted Lamar's playoff record and I was like oh word, now post Peyton Manning's before he finally won a SB, and then I remember that you didnt.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, JustInFudge said:

all ya'll Lamar Jackson sucks smooth brains need to legit walk the plank.   You can join the Justin Fields is actually worse then Zach Wilson crew.  Great population control exercise to remove the low IQ people off the globe. 

One of the greatest bumps ever. Congrats - Honestly, If I were you, I'd try to keep this thread alive for the next 5 years. 

The next time fans on here snub their noses at an MVP-caliber QB on another team - remind them. 

Stunt on these hoes!!!!!!

• Haha 4