Lamar Jackson Requests Trade

Maxman

20 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

1. Lamar was never actually available.

2. Main issue people have had with Lamar is he's a different guy in the playoffs. I would pump the breaks before you crown yourself #1 Lamar stans.

The interesting part of this thread isn't so much that other organizations knew he wasn't available and didnt make offers because of it.

The best part of this thread is that some Jets fans didn't want him and continue to act like he’s not a beast. The goal post moving is comical. Im just sitting back and lmao.

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Was that the game Lamar ended with the pick in the end zone followed by a strip sack ?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

It's funny because that was a controversial game because the Ravens were dropping passes lesft and right and that was game where he was getting upset w/ his receivers on the sideline because they had 7 drops on the day.  4 were for easy TD's and 1 was a walk off game winner....selective memory though...make sense. 

Should and will be MVP. I was pro trading for him. Just my thoughts with him were that you’re not getting a guy for another decade like you do non running QBs. You’re getting a guy at this level for a few more years. This was also the 1st season in awhile he stayed healthy. Mainly bc he’s smaller and takes hits.

I still stand by that he never wanted to leave BAL. Was just staying firm on his price. Which he did in fact show he’s worth.

On 1/5/2024 at 10:13 AM, slimjasi said:

Peyton Manning started his playoff career 0-3, and the 3rd loss was the 41-0 disaster to our Jets. 

Also, the "running quarterback" you speak of has a 102.7 passer rating this season and a 98.0 passer rating for his career. As some of us tried to tell you LAST offseason, Lamar is a very good passer. 

To date, he has completed 64.5% of his passes, with 7.5 yards/attempt, 125 TDs, and 45 INTs (TD/INT ratio = 2.8)

This tired notion of Lamar being a "running QB" is soooo lazy. 

Home Run Baseball GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

I don’t know if this is the thread I said get him at all cost and F every other QB option…but this franchise will be sh*t until I take over the reins. 
I like the emphatic certitude by which this is delivered.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

cosmo kramer pimp GIF

wait, you think you won this debate?  lmfao  

Lamar went 1-1 in the playoffs and yesterday wasnt on him, it was on Harbaugh/Monken/Flowers.  In the playoffs, he threw for 425 yards, completed 63% and threw 3 TD's.  He ran for 154 yards and 2 TD's.  When he beat Houston last week, when you noticeably avoided the board like the plague, he became the 3rd player in playoff history to throw for 2 TD's and run for 2 TD's in a playoff game.  

Lamar balled out in the playoffs.  You lost, sir.  Take your L. 

• Sympathy 1

Lamar went 1-1 in the playoffs and yesterday wasnt on him, it was on Harbaugh/Monken/Flowers.  In the playoffs, he threw for 425 yards, completed 63% and threw 3 TD's.  He ran for 154 yards and 2 TD's.  When he beat Houston last week, when you noticeably avoided the board like the plague, he became the 3rd player in playoff history to throw for 2 TD's and run for 2 TD's in a playoff game.  
He was great the week before but he was not good in the championship game. The only reason you combine the two games is because his numbers in the big game are pretty bad.
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, bicketybam said:
16 minutes ago, JustInFudge said:

He was great the week before but he was not good in the championship game. The only reason you combine the two games is because his numbers in the big game are pretty bad.

No.  I'm looking at his entire performance.   You're right, he wasnt great yesterday but he wasnt nearly as bad as this board is making it out to be.  He made a couple of terrible decisions and missed a few throws but that doesnt negate he was brilliant the week before so ofcourse I'm going to include his entire playoff performance since one of the million false narratives in this thread and specifically from the poster I responded to is that Lamar cant perform in the playoffs.  He had more yards then Mahomes yesterday in the air on 10 less completions and he was the Ravens leading rusher.  He would have had more TD's too but Zay Flowers is an idiot.  His coaches and team failed him in so many ways yesterday it was ridiculous.  Yes, Lamar could have played better but this victory lap is stupid. 

No.  I'm looking at his entire performance.   You're right, he wasnt great yesterday but he wasnt nearly as bad as this board is making it out to be.  He made a couple of terrible decisions and missed a few throws but that doesnt negate he was brilliant the week before so ofcourse I'm going to include his entire playoff performance since one of the million false narratives in this thread and specifically from the poster I responded to is that Lamar cant perform in the playoffs.  He had more yards then Mahomes yesterday in the air on 10 less completions and he was the Ravens leading rusher.  He would have had more TD's too but Zay Flowers is an idiot.  His coaches and team failed him in so many ways yesterday it was ridiculous.  Yes, Lamar could have played better but this victory lap is stupid. 

Ok but if you want to combine the two games to make a point then you also have to look at his complete playoff passing stats as well. As a passer, those are 112/195, 57.4%, 1324 yards, 6 TD's, 6 INT's 75.7 passer rating over the course of 6 games. No one is going to call that good. I'd probably call it poor.
  • Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, bicketybam said:
27 minutes ago, JustInFudge said:

Ok but if you want to combine the two games to make a point then you also have to look at his complete playoff passing stats as well. As a passer, those are 112/195, 57.4%, 1324 yards, 6 TD's, 6 INT's 75.7 passer rating over the course of 6 games. No one is going to call that good. I'd probably call it poor.

I think you need to read the thread.  

The real shame of things is that the powers that be decided as a coalition not to even kick the tires on a star player in this league, because, well, they as a group did not like the way that star player approached a contract and decided to punish that action. Because, NFL.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, bla bla bla said:

40 year old AR8 off an Achilles + Will McDonald + 2024 first

vs

Lamar off an AFC Championship run

Call me crazy, I'd gladly take Lamar. He just was never actually an option for us.

How about a video of every pass by Lamar Jackson vs the Chiefs. I believe there was a pass by Lamar where he threw it right to the Chiefs defender who dropped it. Lamar should have 2 INT's and he fumbled in the Conference Championship game. Bottom line Lamar sucked when it mattered most. He played 2 good quarters of 8 quarters in the 2023 playoffs as the #1 seed, and it was vs an overachieving Texans team - No disrespect to the Texans either, they had a very good first season with first year head coach DeMeco Ryans and rookie quarterback C.J. Stroud, but they were about the easiest draw the Ravens could have gotten in the divisional round.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JustInFudge said:

You're hilarious. Keep digging a hole JiF... Your boy played like sh*t yesterday. You are telling me to take an L because Lamar played 2 great quarters of football vs the overachieving Texans. That's pretty rich. Enjoy your "victory." lmao

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

You're hilarious. Keep digging a hole JiF... Your boy played like sh*t yesterday. You are telling me to take an L because Lamar played 2 great quarters of football vs the overachieving Texans. That's pretty rich. Enjoy your "victory." lmao

Thanks Thank You GIF by BET Awards

• Haha 2

With Andrews hobbled they had 1 viable option in the passing game down the stretch, rookie Zay Flowers, who when he wasn’t taunting down 17-7 late in the 3rd, was fumbling at the 1-yard line to give KC the ball at their 20.

It wasn’t Lamar’s best game obviously, but you have to give Spagnuolo credit (he shut down Josh Allen enough too) and put things in context.

If Flowers doesn’t foolishly start stretching the ball out from the 5 yard line amidst 2 or 3 defenders there, it’s anybody’s game at 17-14 with plenty of time left.

The Ravens were so desperate for “weapons” they added Dalvin Cook and even let him touch the ball in the divisional round. 

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, bicketybam said:
1 hour ago, JustInFudge said:
I think you need to read the thread.  

I don't need to read the entire thread to know that Lamar Jackson has historically been subpar in the playoffs.

I just need to watch the Jets, season after season to tell you I would give first 2 round picks, and a top 10 salary to have that talent and caliber player on my team for 7-10 years.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

How about a video of every pass by Lamar Jackson vs the Chiefs. I believe there was a pass by Lamar where he threw it right to the Chiefs defender who dropped it. Lamar should have 2 INT's and he fumbled in the Conference Championship game. Bottom line Lamar sucked when it mattered most. He played 2 good quarters of 8 quarters in the 2023 playoffs as the #1 seed, and it was vs an overachieving Texans team - No disrespect to the Texans either, they had a very good first season with first year head coach DeMeco Ryans and rookie quarterback C.J. Stroud, but they were about the easiest draw the Ravens could have gotten in the divisional round.

With this logic, you seem to be making a case for Zach Wilson. If Rodgers plays like old Rodgers then great, idk how you can sit there and say you wouldn't want Lamar at the cost of Will McDonald + 30th pick in 2024

6 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

With this logic, you seem to be making a case for Zach Wilson. If Rodgers plays like old Rodgers then great, idk how you can sit there and say you wouldn't want Lamar at the cost of Will McDonald + 30th pick in 2024

Lamar was never an option, and I'm glad he wasn't. Never wanted to give up draft picks for Rodgers or Lamar.

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Aren’t you forgetting to add in the astronomical number assets you’d have to trade to get LJ?  You’re making it sound like he was a FA.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Aren’t you forgetting to add in the astronomical number assets you’d have to trade to get LJ?  You’re making it sound like he was a FA

That price was (2) first round picks. He had the non exclusive tag. If a team extended him a contract, they would have had 5 days to match or move him for the picks.

15 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

That price was (2) first round picks. He had the non exclusive tag. If a team extended him a contract, they would have had 5 days to match or move him for the picks.

So we’d be out 2 draft picks.  But there wasn’t a chance in hell that would have been the cost.  Ravens would have matched immediately and started real trade talks and they weren’t taking 2 1sts

3 hours ago, JustInFudge said:

I'm going to include his entire playoff performance since one of the million false narratives in this thread and specifically from the poster I responded to is that Lamar cant perform in the playoffs.

9 TDs

9 turnovers

26 sacks

QBR in the 70’s

2-4 playoff record.

No matter how you make excuses for LJ, his playoff numbers are not anywhere near his regular season numbers

• Upvote 1