Lamar Jackson Requests Trade

Maxman

5 hours ago, Dcat said:

ok child...     .....so the next time Lamar tears a ligament or something, particularly if Aaron Rodgers is back to health and starting for the Jets at that time,  I can wave right backatcha.  Cool the way that works.  Then it will be your turn again.  And you acting as if people said Lamar wasn't a good player.  Sorry, but nope.

awkward uncomfortable smile GIF by Originals

5 hours ago, Lith said:

But, aren't you the guy that said Georgia was never going to lose again.  Like ever.  Until the end of time.  How'd that one work out for ya, Nostradamus. 

Cause it didn't work out so well for me.

You’re right, after 743 straight wins, Georgia finally lost.  Forgive me for your pain.  It must be dreadful. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

@k-met57 is gonna love this post Barry.

(see top of page 25)

i 100% agree, i was there when ARod got hurt....and i knew the second it happened the ghost of Joe Namath got him. doesnt change the fact that i felt better about his ability to stay healthy over Lamar behind the Jets OL.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

i 100% agree, i was there when ARod got hurt....and i knew the second it happened the ghost of Joe Namath got him. doesnt change the fact that i felt better about his ability to stay healthy over Lamar behind the Jets OL.

Not a bad thought. Unfortunately it didn't work out for the Jets.

4 hours ago, k-met57 said:

Rodgers was hurt all through TC with a calf injury.   He either down played it or the team made a bad decision to throw him out there.  It wasn't a freak injury.  

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

Rodgers was hurt all through TC with a calf injury.   He either down played it or the team made a bad decision to throw him out there.  It wasn't a freak injury.  

can you please show me some info correlating calf injuries to full achilles ruptures? thanks.

On 12/27/2023 at 10:26 AM, greenwichjetfan said:

I still love the Rodger trade (injury notwithstanding), but bigly UGH about what could have been. Lamar with Breece, Garrett, and this defense. We'd be fighting for the 1 seed instead of the #5 overall pick. 

I was adament about not wanting Jackson.  He has impressed me.  After staying out of the playoffs last year when everyone thought he was staying out not to hurt his chances of his payday.

He has been impressive.

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

revisit after the playoffs handsome

John Elway couldn’t win the big one until he did.

Peyton Manning couldn’t win the big one until he did.

Andy Reid couldn’t win the big one until he did.

Lamar winning a SB this season wouldn’t surprise me at all.  None of those prior postseason failures are relevant to this year’s postseason.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

John Elway couldn’t win the big one until he did.

Peyton Manning couldn’t win the big one until he did.

Andy Reid couldn’t win the big one until he did.

Lamar winning a SB this season wouldn’t surprise me at all.  None of those prior postseason failures are relevant to this year’s postseason.

80 it would not surprise me either if Lamar won it but just like those guys you need a complete team to do it. 

Elway led inferior teams to the SB on his back but it was not enough to beat what at the time was a much superior conference in the NFC that were sending teams like the Niner's , Bears, Giants, Redskins to the SB so in that regard no way in Hell were the Broncos going to beat those teams with Just QB play they were on a different level.

Manning also led some teams that were not complete yet enough for him to drag in there on his back only to be beat by superior NE teams.

Where Lamar needs to succeed is when his team falls behind he needs to be able to rally them back in the playoffs. It happens so many times even the greatest teams get blindsided in the first half things just don't go their way because they are facing a team that's just as good as them and you need to mount a comeback. IMHO that's where Lamar Falters he has to prove he can handle that type of situation because he has played on some complete teams and that one game where you get blindsided by a really good team in the playoffs kicks you right in the balls. When Lamar takes that step forward he will hit that next level . The other thing is maybe they just blow everyone out on the road to the SB and Lamar just gets to be Lamar. But then they face probably the other really good team in this race the SF 49er's .

I think the key for Lamar and the Ravens is do not fall behind by a big margin and have to throw to get back in the game. 

14 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

80 it would not surprise me either if Lamar won it but just like those guys you need a complete team to do it. 

Elway led inferior teams to the SB on his back but it was not enough to beat what at the time was a much superior conference in the NFC that were sending teams like the Niner's , Bears, Giants, Redskins to the SB so in that regard no way in Hell were the Broncos going to beat those teams with Just QB play they were on a different level.

Manning also led some teams that were not complete yet enough for him to drag in there on his back only to be beat by superior NE teams.

Where Lamar needs to succeed is when his team falls behind he needs to be able to rally them back in the playoffs. It happens so many times even the greatest teams get blindsided in the first half things just don't go their way because they are facing a team that's just as good as them and you need to mount a comeback. IMHO that's where Lamar Falters he has to prove he can handle that type of situation because he has played on some complete teams and that one game where you get blindsided by a really good team in the playoffs kicks you right in the balls. When Lamar takes that step forward he will hit that next level . The other thing is maybe they just blow everyone out on the road to the SB and Lamar just gets to be Lamar. But then they face probably the other really good team in this race the SF 49er's .

I think the key for Lamar and the Ravens is do not fall behind by a big margin and have to throw to get back in the game. 

Ravens have a complete team.  They made the 49ers look like a JV squad a few days ago.  

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Identical, huh.  So you just want us to ignore the 786 rushing yards (+ 5 rushing TDs) for Lamar, I guess.

LOL

Who gives a sh*t? That's not what QB's do. That's why there's 9 other QB's ranked ahead of him. Kirk Cousins who hasn't played since what, thanksgiving is still ranked ahead of him. LMFAO

Just now, slimjasi said:

Getting Old Baby Boomers GIF by MOODMAN

This is 2023, grandpa. Some QBs run for significant yardage. 

Whats the point? If the Jets had done something even dumber than the Rasputin Rodgers trade, and gave the Ravens everything they would have had to to get LJ (assuming it was ever even an option), or they just signed Baker Mayfield as a FA.

Tell me, young man of wisdom, what would the Jets record be with LJ and/or Baker Mayfield? 

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So those yards and TDs don’t count huh

Again, I ask, what is your point? LJ plays for the Ravens, not the Jets. Do you really think that if LJ was on the Jets in 2023, he'd be putting up the same numbers? With this coaching staff? Great, you wanted him. He was never available. LOL

I don't get the victory lap you think you have, here. 

4 minutes ago, Ron Rico said:

Whats the point? If the Jets had done something even dumber than the Rasputin Rodgers trade, and gave the Ravens everything they would have had to to get LJ (assuming it was ever even an option), or they just signed Baker Mayfield as a FA.

Tell me, young man of wisdom, what would the Jets record be with LJ and/or Baker Mayfield? 

1 minute ago, Ron Rico said:

Again, I ask, what is your point? LJ plays for the Ravens, not the Jets. Do you really think that if LJ was on the Jets in 2023, he'd be putting up the same numbers? With this coaching staff? Great, you wanted him. He was never available. LOL

I don't get the victory lap you think you have, here. 

You’re right, we should turn our noses up at the guy who’s about to be the NFL MVP.  Totes.