DeAndre Hopkins Released And Then Played Great For the Titans Who Intelligently Signed Him. This is real life, not Madden.

6 minutes ago, usanyj said:

Seems like his market isn’t as robust as everyone thought… maybe he takes a one year prove it deal?

maybe this changes things with a lower asking price? I have a hard time just dipping my toe in the water, may as well dive in and go for this thing. Wilson, Hopkins, Lazard, and hardman is superior to the alternative. Especially with Rodgers throwing him the ball and Breece and co in the backfield.

IMG_6777.jpeg

This is why players have agents. Hopkins agent must have been cringing when Hop said I want to play with these handful of QBs. 
I don’t think his market is where the average fan thinks it is. I think he gets a one year deal like Odell. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, KINGDIRK said:

This is why players have agents. Hopkins agent must have been cringing when Hop said I want to play with these handful of QBs. 
I don’t think his market is where the average fan thinks it is. I think he gets a one year deal like Odell. 

Very interested to see what teams make an offer. Breer mentioned the Bills and Chiefs as possibly being interested/potential landing spots, but they will both have to make some moves to clear space for him. When does that happen? 

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Very interested to see what teams make an offer. Breer mentioned the Bills and Chiefs as possibly being interested/potential landing spots, but they will both have to make some moves to clear space for him. When does that happen? 

Thought BUF said they’re out?

KC could happen perhaps.

I also think BAL or NYG are a huge possibility as well.

12 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Thought BUF said they’re out?

KC could happen perhaps.

I also think BAL or NYG are a huge possibility as well.

I didn't see any quote from the Bills, although I did see an article reporting that the Hopkins to the Bills is unlikely because they can't afford him. 

Robert Saleh, on the other hand, sure made it sound like the Jets aren't bringing Hopkins in. 

13 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Houston traded him because their management is a dumpster fire and the cardinals seem to be tanking 

I have never heard of Hopkins being a bad guy off the field.  Rodgers would be the best qb he has ever played with

really?  Just start the thread from the beginning and find the video that kinda shows us what Hopkins is made of. He sure delivered a bunch of crap at that hotel during draft season.

On 6/3/2023 at 1:35 PM, Dcat said:

really?  Just start the thread from the beginning and find the video that kinda shows us what Hopkins is made of. He sure delivered a bunch of crap at that hotel during draft season.

Whatever you say.  Hopkins is now worse than Antonio Brown because jets fans want to overrate their wide receivers 

1 hour ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Whatever you say.  Hopkins is now worse than Antonio Brown because jets fans want to overrate their wide receivers 

whooosh. (The sound of the things that go right over your head.)

3 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Hopkins got traded by a completely dysfunctional franchise and released by a team that’s tanking for Caleb.  You have no real evidence he’s a bad locker room guy

From breer’s piece on SI

He can’t run anymore,” one source said in the report. “Does not love to practice, I can’t imagine that’ll get any better. And when things don’t go well, you’re always gonna be leery, All right, what kind of drama are we gonna get from this guy? When things are great, he’s great. When things go south, his true colors show a little bit.”

More from Breer’s SI piece 

Kansas City made progress toward a deal, but things went a little sideways when Odell Beckham Jr. got $15 million in base pay from Baltimore, making Hopkins feel like he should land at least that much, given that Beckham didn’t play last year. The Chiefs wound up giving free-agent left tackle Donovan Smith a deal structured similarly to the offer they made Hopkins, which will make it more difficult for Kansas City to circle back.

Hopkins got traded by a completely dysfunctional franchise and released by a team that’s tanking for Caleb.  You have no real evidence he’s a bad locker room guy
All I have on this is hearsay from Rich Cimini.

But he did get suspended for PEDs.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

This is interesting because many have ruled out the Jets due to that whole video where Dhop basically says NAH to the Jets. But in the same video he said NAH to the Pats.

Good point. I think his calculation is probably changed now that it’s clear he’ll have to take a substantial pay cut from the contract he was under. Given the latest buzz I don’t think he’ll be too picky about anything other than the money.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Good point. I think his calculation is probably changed now that it’s clear he’ll have to take a substantial pay cut from the contract he was under. Given the latest buzz I don’t think he’ll be too picky about anything other than the money.

hard to be picky when you have limited options

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

This is interesting because many have ruled out the Jets due to that whole video where Dhop basically says NAH to the Jets. But in the same video he said NAH to the Pats.

That was before it was obvious that the league is not interested in giving him a huge contract

18 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

wouldn't surprise me if there was another PED violation suspension incoming. I would have expected a lot more interest.

Why?  Why do people think teams would be lining up to give this guy a big contract before mini-camps when they have basically said that he doesn't practice?  Seems more like right before the season mercenary to me.  If he sounds like he is buying in during interviews maybe, but I am not surprised there is no big rush with this one. 

• Barry McCockinner changed the title to DeAndre Hopkins Released And Then Played Great For the Titans Who Intelligently Signed Him. This is real life, not Madden.